Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Hotrod stun? What’s the deal?

I’ve got him maxed forged and leveled, sig 31. His stun has never improved since level1/1, 0 forge. Bots constantly evade even when it says stun right on my screen. I just invested in 3 levels of stupify mastery to see if that would help. There’s absolutely no change in his stun duration. Joke is on me I guess cause I must be the one stupified

Comments

• TBH, I completely forgot he has a Stun ability ...lol
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2018
    And his stun will have same trigger chance and duration at all levels. Cause it's not improved by rank up.

Abilities which are improved with rank up are usually shown as Base Abilities with level mentioned along. Some base abilities are also Not ranked up like SW Power Drain, WJ Heal which is random between 10-20. Etc etc etc.
    Change in duration depends on level of Masteries.
    Because 0.1/0.2 and even 0.4 sec are so small durations, it's hard to notice a "Real" increase in duration.

Like I have Deep Wounds at level 1 increasing duration by 10%, which to me seems like the duration is almost same, but I know it's increased Under-The-Hood.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    To echo the above post, his chance to stun does not improve with rank, but the stun duration, however, should be increasing with the Stupefy mastery and it isn't.

There are a few other bots, namely Mirage and Prowl who have stuns that do not seem to be affected by Stupefy either. I haven't checked to see if it works with Jazz yet because I removed the Stupefy mastery once I realized Kabam wasn't going to look at the issue.

It may be worth bringing up again though, especially if they're considering raising the Commander levels soon.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious I know you guys have a lot going on with the new roll outs for 7.1, but could one of you talk to the team about looking into Stupefy not being applied to all bots?

Thanks!
  • Thanks guys, it’s just frustrating that enemy scouts can stun you for what seems an eternity and here’s a pretty high level bot/mastery that takes most of us a long time to build and it doesn’t work correctly.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Man I use Hot Rod religiously. He my #2 guy and I never noticed his stun ability lol. I HAVE however notice bots actuyevading under deceleration...even says "evade failed", yet they evaded.
    Weird huh? Almost like they're defying physics...oh wait, that's another post :/
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Man I use Hot Rod religiously. He my #2 guy and I never noticed his stun ability lol. I HAVE however notice bots actuyevading under deceleration...even says "evade failed", yet they evaded.
    Weird huh? Almost like they're defying physics...oh wait, that's another post :/

What they say?
    YOU HAVE BEEN KABAMED!
    The caviat to HRs stun is it's a 40% chance on CRITICAL heavies....which is pretty rare. That's why I haven't seen it much, because I don't use heavies that often with him because it's normally against a scout and they like to evade, so I'd rather land a punch under deceleration that has a better chance of making contact.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    The caviat to HRs stun is it's a 40% chance on CRITICAL heavies....which is pretty rare. That's why I haven't seen it much, because I don't use heavies that often with him because it's normally against a scout and they like to evade, so I'd rather land a punch under deceleration that has a better chance of making contact.

it actually happens more than you think.

Trigger decelerate, move in for 4 or 5 hit combo to build up his crit buff stacks and then end with a heavy. A lot of times you'll get the stun. A lot of guys really overlook Hot Rod for the bleeder bots, but he can finish fights just as fast with those massive crits.
  • Does Hot Rod's powerflow increase/decrease even work? (especially decrease) I never notice any difference.
  • Does Hot Rod's powerflow increase/decrease even work? (especially decrease) I never notice any difference.

Same here. Increase seems to work some but decrease is very minimal. Imo it should be greater to make it worth it. Especially since he's the only warrior without damaging buffs like bleed. I used to love hotrod, now i never use him except arenas.

Same here. Increase seems to work some but decrease is very minimal. Imo it should be greater to make it worth it. Especially since he's the only warrior without damaging buffs like bleed. I used to love hotrod, now i never use him except arenas.

30% decrease in power rate= opponent will gain almost equal power as you if you're attacking. And they'll get slight less if they're attacking.
    But noticeable effect comes if power rate decrease is more than 40-50%
    edited September 2018
    I love Hot Rod. He's on my AM team but will be replaced by Drift if I can ever land another red t3.
    He makes for a very useful raider though...those evaders....HATE them.