Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Some advice

I need some advice on how I can finish up chapter 3 on the expert level with no rank 5 bots

Comments

• KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I need some advice on how I can finish up chapter 3 on the expert level with no rank 5 bots

I assume your struggling with megatronus? Take rhinox.

If it’s anything else just plan for the lane your taking, and try to dodge incoming attacks, you get hurt a lot more than the AI will for exchanging an equal amount of hits.
  • I do not have rhinox I'm using galvatron shockwave barricade motormaster and either C yclonus or ultra Magnus
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited September 2018
    I do not have rhinox I'm using galvatron shockwave barricade motormaster and either C yclonus or ultra Magnus

Do you have Mirage or Soundwave? If your main problem is Megatronus then, of your current lineup, *probably* Shockwave will give you the best chance to beat him. To that end you should probably try to boost him up as much as possible, Rhinox would have been great but even Mirage or Soundwave can hep. And probably Cyclonus is a better choice than Magnus because Cyclonus also boosts Shockwave's special attacks through Galvatron's synergy but then it depends also on who you fight best with. Being techs maybe Mirage and Soundwave can help you beat Megatronus as well and Shockwave boosts them up too. If you really have to use them, health and attack boosts can also help if you have any free ones sitting around.
  • Try bringing bots that don’t buff themselves. That just powers up Megatronus more when he steals them. Bonecrusher and Barricade worked pretty well for me. Grindor had shields to steal but that’s it. Megatron had a heal at the end but that was all.
  • Okay my Soundwave is a rank 1
  • Bring shockwave. and wheeljack, if duped. If you can ninja and keep his power down you should be relatively fine. Shockwave needs aggressive play style though, as of course basic attacks are unblockable.

Mirage, go straight for sp1, lower his power until you hit sp2. Get those unblockable combo’s in, stun, rinse and repeat if you can. Should at least take a chunk of his health out, but plan for what bot you want to finish him with. Don’t go for your strongest first, use everyone else to weaken him at least and throw everything you’ve got at him with the last.

Controlling his power is the key, keep him away from that sp2 if you can. Maybe even worth considering going against class disadvantage and using g1 prime or meg, armour break the crap out of him.
  • Okay my Soundwave is a rank 1

Ok, although if Megatronus can replicate Soundwave's power gain, he may not be an ideal option.
  • Soundwave is my weakest tech bot
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Okay my Soundwave is a rank 1

Ok, although if Megatronus can replicate Soundwave's power gain, he may not be an ideal option.

He does. I think he takes reflect as well.
  • IbooIboo Posts: 46

try using boots if you have any
  • I think my biggest problem at the moment are the bots with attack and health boost
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    Be sure to back all the way up at the start of the fight, and be ready to dodge. Megatronus has does an instant attack as soon as the match starts. If you don't back up at the very start and dodge like crazy he will do an instant kill before the match gets past 10 seconds.