Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Real-time PvP

I remember the F2F advert, where a dude 'detects' another player, and challenges her on the street.
So WHY NOT have a LIVE ARENA?
It could be locale or even amongst alliance members or random players with a TEMPORARY FULL ROSTER of MAXED OUT 4* bots.
Rewards would just be experience or whatever.
It would give players sparring practice, and totally boost INTEREST.
Thoughts?
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Rimehaven

Comments

• KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I would love to see this implemented into the game. I can already see the people crying about the cheating AI start to blame other players and point fingers at each other for “cheating” :wink:

Aside from that, I also can’t wait to see all the extra lag, from twice as many inputs of course. Can’t wait for all the complaints on that. Making it a battle of whose processor is better.

Finally, I would just love to dance around the map against another player for 5 minutes before anyone dashes at each other.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited September 2018
    Kenny wrote: »
    I would love to see this implemented into the game. I can already see the people crying about the cheating AI start to blame other players and point fingers at each other for “cheating” :wink:

Aside from that, I also can’t wait to see all the extra lag, from twice as many inputs of course. Can’t wait for all the complaints on that. Making it a battle of whose processor is better.

Finally, I would just love to dance around the map against another player for 5 minutes before anyone dashes at each other.

Hence the other threads DEMANDING GRAPHICS SETTINGS!

But seriously, this could be implemented. I remember my 1990 GAMEGEAR being able to handle real-time PvP, via cable link, so I'm sure 28 years of hardware progress should make wireless console connection possible.
    Make it happen, @Kabam Miike . No one else does this so be FIRST.
  • Having played Dragonball Legends since launch I can say that real time PvP, while awesome, would be a big nightmare for this game. Dragonball Legends just has dodge and tap cards to attack. The amount of inputs in tftf would make it nearly impossible to control properly without astounding wifi service.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Bigbowlr wrote: »
    Having played Dragonball Legends since launch I can say that real time PvP, while awesome, would be a big nightmare for this game. Dragonball Legends just has dodge and tap cards to attack. The amount of inputs in tftf would make it nearly impossible to control properly without astounding wifi service.

Dbl pvp sucks big time unless you have all 1500 characters
    Having played Dragonball Legends since launch I can say that real time PvP, while awesome, would be a big nightmare for this game. Dragonball Legends just has dodge and tap cards to attack. The amount of inputs in tftf would make it nearly impossible to control properly without astounding wifi service.

Here's a SOLUTION.
    When you accept a FIGHT, F2F downloads NECESSARY files (this SHOULD only happen the 1st time, unless there are new characters, backdrops, etc), then 3G goes into a background process mode, just to keep score.
    How do you fight? Good olde BLUETOOTH.
    OR
    SHARED WIFI between the 2 competitors ala wireless printers (but this could lead to security issues so BT 4.0 is ideal).

After the fights' done, back online.
    Shouldn't be THAT difficult.

Think about it.
    This could be huge for @Kabam Rimehaven .
    Maybe even a training, offline mode.
    Downtime for people outside data coverage areas, or on foreign soil, you could at least still hone skills.
    Perfect for armed forces, security personnel, etc.
    You'd have a WHOLE NEW FANBASE, to boot.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »

Here's a SOLUTION.
    When you accept a FIGHT, F2F downloads NECESSARY files (this SHOULD only happen the 1st time, unless there are new characters, backdrops, etc), then 3G goes into a background process mode, just to keep score.
    OR
    SHARED WIFI between the 2 competitors ala wireless printers (but this could lead to security issues so BT 4.0 is ideal).

Think about it.
    Downtime for people outside data coverage areas, or on foreign soil, you could at least still hone skills.
    He is not talking about connection. He is talking about gameplay. It won’t work for this game.

BlackRazak wrote: »

Here's a SOLUTION.
    OR

Think about it.
    He is not talking about connection. He is talking about gameplay. It won’t work for this game.

Party pooper!