Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Found one consistent pattern to AI blocking special after a combo

This is a combination of a Beast Wars bot and Tantrum’s synergy. I’ve just been using this combo in arenas and with Waspinator and Tantrum.

It happens after launching Waspinator’s heavy attack and triggering Tantrum’s synergy. I’ll start a combo with the AI blocking and somewhere in the middle the unblockable procs and I connect with the melee. After the last hit, launch a special (it’s usually been the S1 for me at this point) and the AI will block it. I’ve done this many times and made sure to launch the special immediately right after the last hit of the combo. Generally 9 times out of 10 the AI will block it (with an occasional side step).
Tagged:

Comments

• Happened to me too when I was using my Tantrum. I was able to place an unblockable hit on the Opponent, and they instantly blocked the Special that followed. It''s pretty strange.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Happened twice today, in the same Arena fight.
    But for me it was Megatron (16w streak, hard) who pirouettes away from IronHide's SP2 despite getting smacked by the first blast.
    Then he SP3s me.
    What a knob.
  • Hmm, that's an interesting find. I'll take this to the team.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Hmm, that's an interesting find. I'll take this to the team.

Cool. Just a quick note. It has to start with the AI blocking and then go unblockable. If I get a combo in like normal without unblockable tiggering, the special has been connecting.

Now the MASTER of somehow evading your Ironhide/Kickback SP2 (despite getting hit with the opening shot) is SIDESWIPE. 3 times in the same Arena battle.
    What a plonker.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »

Now the MASTER of somehow evading your Ironhide/Kickback SP2 (despite getting hit with the opening shot) is SIDESWIPE. 3 times in the same Arena battle.
    What a plonker.

Was his Agility active? Because he can scoot out of a special even if some hits have landed.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »

What a plonker.

Was his Agility active? Because he can scoot out of a special even if some hits have landed.

Hehe, i THOUGHT SO TOO.
    But Bay Megatron, Grindor, Wheeljack, Arcee, Monkey Prime and Sideswipe have been dancing around my SP2s after the first hit.
    Usually right after LAG and a few missing frames of animation.
    Since the latest update.
    I reckon it's a glitch, as it's then followed by CONNECTING TO YOUR NETWORK
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    5dnwe96bybo4.gif

Did a video of it happening. Hope the quality came out okay when I converted it to an animated gif.

In it you can see MV1 blocking my basic attacks and then the unblockable kick in. After my combo, I launch a special which MV1 blocks.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2018
    BlackRazak wrote: »

What a plonker.

Ironhide? I don't think his Melee Evade can't evade ranged.
    And yeah he's supposed to evade melee special even if he got hit with first hit,,
    don't bots evade on middle of a basic combo?
  • Yeah you need to differentiate between bots with evade and the bots that are just plain cheesing. There defo IS a glitch here, but some of the ones being reported seem to just be bots using their evade fair and square (regardless of how annoying it might be **stares at G1 Bumblebee**) which has a chance to kick in at any point in a combo or special.