Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The BLUE T3 discussion

DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Cyclonus vs Tactical Megatron.
I feel I know the answer but let's see whatchya got. Blue Meg's has been at the top of my list for a while but when Cyclonus entered the arena he's seemed to really outshine as a priceless bot.
Let's see those tough guys.

Comments

• If you have, Magnus, Dino at r5 do any. Doesn't matter
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Already have Magnus at r5. I have Dino but I don't run Beast teams.
    edited September 2018
    Im about 99.9% sure I'm gonna bring Cyclonus up for a dedicated raider. He's amazing
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I love this blue class I love them all even the shark lol
    Although don’t max the 4star shark lol
  • Cyclonus for sure. Now.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    megatron
  • Avacalhator_1Avacalhator_1 Posts: 102
    edited September 2018
    Cyclonus, of couse
    To pick up monthly achievement
  • Yeah do Cyclonus to go with Magnus!
    And as specially Clonus if you have Galvatron in your squad!!
  • MEGATRON. Just go back and look at his bot intel.

"STRONG MATCH-UPS:
    Most Bots – You don’t become undisputed leader of the Decepticons without being a formidable combatant."

He is all all powerful.
    I like cyclonus don't get me wrong, but he will sit at r4 level 1
  • Cyclonus for the sake of simplicity. With Tact Megatron, you're constantly worrying about the correct strategy unless you go with the other Tactician, Starscream.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    If you r5 Cyclonus, you’ll get some tac t3 back to help you build your way to another full spark. Then you can r5 Megatron and then have those two tacs at r5.
  • dtorreskaterdtorreskater Posts: 118
    edited September 2018
    Cyclonus for the sake of simplicity. With Tact Megatron, you're constantly worrying about the correct strategy unless you go with the other Tactician, Starscream.

Oh that I do, and both of them are r5
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited September 2018
    lmao I honestly don't know why everyone is buzzing over Cyclonus here.

Is Megs duped? If Megs is duped then he is absolutely undisputedly he best tactician. I don't even care if that's considered opinion - he is ridiculously powerful, has some amazing synergy and has amazing utility. I don't think many other bots can boast that, other than Prime (although he lacks utility) and Shockwave (although he lacks synergy, in terms of diversity).

Cyclonus, whilst good, has some wonky timings and no real scalability, nor utility. Just a moderately hard hitter with some average synergy ans average utility and awkward timings that rely on remembering two different attack patterns and combo counts.
    Tough choice guys. Both are duped. My heavy hitters all match Cyclonus but Meg is a monster
    Who's got a nice maxed out Megatron?
  • ex3n714wkq81.png

There you go mate. In no way do I regret taking him to r5, and would recommend taking him over cyclonus.

Cyclonus might be good but he’s no Megatron, especially with the synergy between megs and shockwave, and countering energon shield. Easily my top bot
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Who's got a nice maxed out Megatron?

i used to have one
  • Only this month, ranking up Cyclonus to R5 (not Mega tact), we have the opportunity to earn 3000 T3 tactician essences.

And opportunity to complete all monthly objectives.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Tact megs is the way to go, he’s way better than cyclonus for late game content.

Cyclonus is really only good for raids, his damage is pretty low, even as a master level boss his damage isn’t scary at all. He’s more annoying to fight because of his abilities, but annoying doesn’t really mean strong.

Megatron is insanely strong, especially duped. You can apply permanent debuffs pretty easily as well.

I would rank up tact meg, 3000 essence isn’t really worth burning a full spark if you won’t use the bot at all, or swimming in sparks.
    Just go with the bot you fight best with bud it’s just how this game goes !
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    OG Megs can handle nearly all of ROTK too. Cyclonus probably couldn't handle a single bot.

The ability to steal buffs is absolutely invaluable - not because you get them but because you take them away. Power gain lane in AM 2.2 is relatively easy with OG Megs. The perm debuffs (and stackable debuffs) are just the icing on the cake.
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    G1 megs without question. I certainly love Cyclonus but he can’t completely shut down a fight like megs can. He can negate melee buff paths by stealing the buffs and the fused Debuffs make everything so much easier. He’s perfect for am primal too.
    Well...seems you guys have a very convincing argument. You may have changed my mind.
    This is why I ask:)
  • megs has to be in the top 3 bots in the game, and cyclonus won’t displace him there. He is an abslolute machine duped and that shock from sp3 is sickening at r5, the rate it does the damage. 300% at over 1.2k attack for me works very nicely.

Do it mate, you won’t regret it. There arent many situations where cyclonus will outshine Megatron and the utility he gives against everything in his way makes him so worth it.

I took him up against master megatronus and the shockwave synergy debuff he can fuse that lowers power rate works wonders. Fused one, kept a second one up and practically power locked him while laying waste to him. Lost him eventually of course, but Megatronus only got 1 sp1 off against me the entire fight with megs. It’s ridiculous how good he is.
  • Absolutely no story. Megs is the best tactician ever but, at the same time, he requires some experience to become smart at using him well. He can break armor, reduce attack and cause shock. He can forge all these things permanently and he is able to steal buffs and make them his.
    And apart from all this, he is quick, has high attack and speedy ranged attacks.

Cyclonus has got some new interesting features and is simple to use, but I honestly don't think that he can be a game changer over a long-term period in game. At least not at the same extent Og Prime and Megs can be.