Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Fully Exploring Expert

This month is the 2nd month that I have complete expert. Note that I said completed not explored. My goal is to be able to fully explore expert. Is it possible to do that with this team.
5* Ultra Magnus r1 unduped
4* Wheeljack r4 unduped
4* Cyclonus r3 dupe lvl 10
4* Galvatron r3 unduped
4* Startscream r3 unduped
Any advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited September 2018
    Is it is very easy. I have been to do ot with 4 r3’s, you just have to follow the 5 d’s of dodgeball. Dodge, duck, dive, dip and dodge
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Is it is very easy. I have been to do ot with 4 r3’s, you just have to follow the 5 d’s of dodgeball. Dodge, duck, dive, dip and dodge

https://youtu.be/7zw1ejmPmXY
  • Options
    What xJamesss said.

Your team is a little weak. If you cannot get them to R5, you are going to need to use energon and boosts.

Be sure to forge them as much as you can. Try to get to R4. Some here will say a maxed forged R4 is as strong as a R5 not forged. You have a lot of Tacticians there, they will get roasted by Megatronus after going through the hard paths.

Not having Wheeljack's Force Shield ability is going to hurt. Not having any of those abilities awakened is going to hurt.

You are really going to have to use energon, and health and attack boosts to 100% expert.

With that said, it might be worth doing what you can without spending energon and waiting for the T3class energon deals where you get a T3class spark for 1,500 energon. Raid to get the T2 alpha, bust your behind on the T3class arena, and get a good alliance that is within your abilities and is constantly getting stronger or doesn't mind helping the weaker players.

They claim to have made expert easier, but I do not see it or buy it.
  • Options
    You have 3 bots of the same class you need more variation in class and bots with good synergy's here is the team i use vw7gmw2j7hmz.png
  • Options
    Should I take ironhide then? He’s duped twice and is r1 though. I can take him up to r4
  • Options
    Yes you should once he is rank 4 being duped can be a real game changer I would recommend using his special 3 since they cannot block it
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Should I take ironhide then? He’s duped twice and is r1 though. I can take him up to r4

N O, galvatron is a much better choice if you have him
  • Options
    Kitten wrote: »

N O, galvatron is a much better choice if you have him

Agreed. I just took galv to r5 over ironhide, and I’m happy with the choice.

Ironhide might put out a superb special once per fight, but might not be when you want it to. Galv does this at will, not to mention harder hitting heavies (when charged), his sp1 allows 2 heavies to land if you get the stun (IH gets just 1 heavy in) and galv has superior melee. Literally the only thing IH does better than galv consistently is fighting bonecrusher, as he has almost no melee crits.

If you have galvatron, get him ranked up ASAP. Better defender too as he has smarter AI. IH maybe has a harder sp2 to dodge but galv’s pros far outweigh any benefit to using IH
  • Options
    0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    edited September 2018
    First off you should do what you can to get a better mix of bot classes, that way you don't run into matches on the way that will be extra difficult and possibly leave you at less than full strength when you finally reach the boss. One of each class is best, or maybe 2 Techs for Megamega (Wheeljack and Rhinox rock). Get all the 4-stars to R4, or if you have some good 5-stars you can mix them in even at just R1. Having them duped is great, but IMO is a luxury and not a necessity. Good synergies are always a plus, but not critical.

Use boosts. HP and Damage boosts are a given, and if you have anything else that you can pile on, then go for it. They are relatively cheap, can make up for some weaknesses, and there's no reason not to use them. Don't forget your Relics. All of this will undoubtedly save you some energon.

Regarding Galvatron vs Ironhide, we can debate the subtle differences, nuances, and semantics on here all day, but ultimately there is not enough of a difference between them to matter much. The important (and I'd hazard to say only) thing that should matter in your decision is which one you are better at playing. Pick the one you are more efficient or more comfortable with, and play to your strengths.

Ultimately it will come down to your ability. Stronger bots certainly help a lot, but only go so far. The better you are, the less of a crutch they need to be. Check out some videos so you are familiar with the fight from start to finish, read some boss guides for tips and tricks, and figure out a strategy before you enter the fight about what bots to use and when, what bots to heal/revive and which ones to use for fodder, and what tactics to employ in battle (aggressive vs defensive, etc). Knowing exactly what the boss will do and when (and how to counter it) is probably the most important thing you can do.

You don't need to be the ultimate fighter. I'm certainly not, and I complete it with a team of nothing but R4 4-stars and not a single dupe among them. You will do fine.
  • Options
    @Timmy2Chainz what’s your 4*\5* roster look like? If you can mix things up a bit more in your team you’ll be fine. Looking at the list in your first post my only recommendation is get galv up fast. If you’ve got shockwave or g1 megs lurking somewhere I’d recommend getting them up too, great bots.

The full team doesn’t need to share the synergies, but a solid core of 3 or 4 who are built around the synergies works wonders. I use galv, shockwave and megs as my main 3, the other 2 spots are filled by whatever I feel like running. If I know there’s a bonecrusher lurking on the map, or a dot mod, grimlock comes out to play. A brawler boss means I bring starscream, although that's more just to boost g1 megs.

If your a capable player, maybe use the last 2 spots as ‘fodder clearers’ and let them soak up the damage from the enemies in your path. A tank and a glass cannon usually does for me, providing I’m not going up against something grimlock could fix for me. Doesn’t need to have synergy with the core of my team, just whoever fits the job best and durable/offensive enough to power through the paths. Primal is another good option for this, or if it’s manageable enough, windblade and bludgeon (from my available options). Save your top bots for the boss and you should be fine.

When it comes to the boss, don’t let class disadvantage put you off using a certain bot. I completed master for the first time this spotlight (wheeljack repair issue denied me last month) and g1 megs done most of the work against mega mega, while still at r4. Hammer the boss with the best you’ve got, and you should get them. Learn how they’ll attack and defend, learn their tactics and work around them. There’s a play style to counter any bot AI if your good enough
  • Options
    This is my 4* roster. It’s not much
  • Options
    9h062kjug34z.png
    7rwr5w6g1y31.png
    I feel like barricade might be good too
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    It might be a good idea to spend on a t3 deal and be smart about how you use it. I hot a huge wall I couldn't get through and couldn't earn a t3 to save my life, but spent a little and all it took was 1 fully forged r5 Prowl and it changed the game for me. Now I have several r5s and am sitting on 5 t3s.
    All it takes is one strong team member to out you over the top.
  • Options
    Barricade is a good option, from your pool I would focus on building either galv, cyclonus, bludgeon, windblade, and wheeljack since he’s already nearly done, or mv1 prime, ironhide, windblade, drift and wheeljack. Either of those teams would work well. First team would give the cons a good boost to specials (especially galv). Second team has a bit more variety as IH hits hard, prime is quite forgiving if you mess up, wheeljack can power control, and both teams have access to sword masters synergy, which could be a main source of offensive output and handy for clearing the fodder in your path to the boss’s.

I would hope for another tech though, since WJ isn’t duped, you lose the safeguard of his force shield. Pray you get shockwave soon as he’d fit in well with the first team I listed.

As for the t3c issue, play it patient and hammer the **** out of the t3c arena, and finishing expert will give you a t3c after 2 full explorations of expert. You could pay if you want to, but it’s acheivable if you stick at it, learn the counters to each mod and smash everything. Spend a little energon if you have to, there’s no shame in it. I had to do it last month for WJ expert because if that bloody shield/repair glitch.

Tip for megatronus, bring wheeljack and go for power control. Keeping him away from that sp2 is the key to beating him. You might need to miss this month giving you’ll need to build your team, whoever you choose, but I guarantee you either of those teams will get you 100% expert if you get them all (or most of them) to r4.
  • Options
    0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    edited September 2018
    @Mr_Wonderful is pretty spot on. And as he said you may not be able to do it this month due to needing to level up your roster. Though you said you already completed it, so maybe you can muscle thru it, but my guess is that you probably had to spend some energon to do it and that may not be an option with your current funds in the screenshot.

I'd say based on your roster, in the short term your best bet is to get a bare minimum of 5 bots up to R4 so you at least have a team you can work with. From the looks of it, your shortest path would be to go with Wheeljack, Cyclonus, Galvatron, Optimus, and Windblade. While its not an optimal team, each of those bots is pretty strong in their own right, so its a good start. The synergies are not the best, but they aren't horrible either, and this team would require the least amount of resources to get you to a full R4 team. Once you have that established, you can work on other bots that will build you a more solid team with better synergies. But for the time being, that team should be capable of reaching your goal. The hard part will be grinding out the resources needed before the spotlight expires.

I know how frustrating it can be not being able to knock out the higher content that has the good loot that you really need. Several months ago I wasn't even able to complete a single run in Expert ch3, and I was pulling my hair out. But a little patience and a lot of effort goes a long way, and now I'm knocking out expert with no trouble. You will get there too, and it'll happen sooner than you expect. A few upgrades will mage a HUGE difference, and you'll be seeing progress in no time. Just keep at it.

Best of luck!