Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ok this cash grab is going a bit too far

Seriously Kabam....now you're offering to SELL the new bot before it's even available?
Didn't you learn anything from the outrage over the last spark deal? Now we have Alliance events that give away a 5* OGP as a top prize KNOWING it's a cash milking competition. Why don't you just post the calendar with the title "how we're gonna help our bottom line"...at least we'll see it as honest.
Let us EARN these things in the way intended before you go and try to sell them. Players are getting really tired of it and we're being VERY outspoken about it. We aren't happy. STOP
239sy4ra6jex.png

Tagged:

Comments

• PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    At least it isn't 100 dollars for a single spark.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »

Don't give them ideas, because the next deal will be 20% chance for 5* monthly bot/80% random 4* bot for as little as a monthly flat rent lol.

Saw all the other comments on the milking part and couldn't agree more. I've started playing in May this year and to be fair, it looks like they're trying to cash out. Get as much as you can, while you can.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited September 2018
    He could be exclusive, we may never know. They never did this with any other character besides G1 Bee.

Speaking of Bumblebee, I haven't seen @Bumblebee in a while, what happened to hims?
  • They've been doing this is mcoc for years. If it's a highly sought character they sell a few Crystal's containing said character a week early to build hype.
  • But they have ways made it into regular Crystal's as usual
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    What is with everyone's negativity today? They seem to be mixing things up lately which is a good thing. No it is not the new content or game mode we have been asking for, but I see these recent moves as a move in the right direction (aside from the T3A).

Kabam is a for profit company, there is nothing wrong with them putting a decent offer up for sale (again aside from the T3A). Those who choose too, can spend some $$ and have a chance at getting him early. Those who don't can still grind it out next week and get him as usual. I only see that as a good thing.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited September 2018
    My issue isntheyre taking the challenge out of the game if you have $$. You release unobtainable resources for HUGE process and now release an unobtainable bot for $$. Jesus Christ give us something to actually look forward to earning. Isn't that the whole point of a damn game? Youre realising what's possible most powerful bot in the game and you make it available a week eaetfor purchase???
    I now have enough to get, dup, and take Megatronus to r5 in 1 day....and I was looking forward to to it because it's EARNED. In the hot rod community we called it "built, not bought" Make us earn it, not just purchase it.
    I get giving everyone a 4* Wheeljack for the message that was caused but now as awesome as he is, he has absolutely no value just because everyone has him now. You're diluting the value of this guy, and he's AWESOME.
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    My issue isntheyre taking the challenge out of the game if you have $$. You release unobtainable resources for HUGE process and now release an unobtainable bot for $$. Jesus Christ give us something to actually look forward to earning. Isn't that the whole point of a damn game? Youre realising what's possible most powerful bot in the game and you make it available a week eaetfor purchase???
    I now have enough to get, dup, and take Megatronus to r5 in 1 day....and I was looking forward to to it because it's EARNED. In the hot rod community we called it "built, not bought" Make us earn it, not just purchase it.
    I get giving everyone a 4* Wheeljack for the message that was caused but now as awesome as he is, he has absolutely no value just because everyone has him now. You're diluting the value of this guy, and he's AWESOME.

Okay, so your point is about exclusivity which I get. With that being said, I don’t think this offer changes that much. The chances of getting him in those crystals are terribly low and people that buy would of probably just bought the crystals with energon (or Still will) next week when he comes out.
    ktomov wrote: »
    Lapras wrote: »
    What is with everyone's negativity today? They seem to be mixing things up lately which is a good thing. No it is not the new content or game mode we have been asking for, but I see these recent moves as a move in the right direction (aside from the T3A).

Kabam is a for profit company, there is nothing wrong with them putting a decent offer up for sale (again aside from the T3A). Those who choose too, can spend some $$ and have a chance at getting him early. Those who don't can still grind it out next week and get him as usual. I only see that as a good thing.

Look man, I'm playing for a little over a 4 months. I'm not with the guys that were here from the very beginning, but you if you can't clearly see the players (and the whole community) reasons for this reactions, then clearly you haven't got a problem with favoritism and feeling like a milked cow.

1) There was a huge hype up about the 7.0 update, and it didn't seem like a big update
    2) They've made some changes after that and promised quite some things
    2.1) T4 knight crystal for instance, what we got today 1,2,3?
    2.2) Level cap of 60, yes without timeline but how hard could it be to change a config file? Or they are still trying to figure what rewards to be in the milestone?
    3) As I understood there are no new content for months.
    4) Releasing an item (the alpha spark) with only way to be obtained by paying (3 weeks after the first release, we still don't have a way to grind it)
    5) Now they're releasing a bot, in payed crystal, without even letting us know if there will be another way to obtain it. What if the next spotlight bot reward is not Megatronus?

Sorry, but in the country where I live, my monthly rent for a house, yes a small house is 100 euro (44 square meters) and the only way to obtain 1 alpha spark is by paying the same amount. Yeah, good. Not paying that.

I have no problem paying, don't get me wrong. Since I've started 5 months ago, I've grabbed enough of deals, but I have a ceiling of spending on game, which is 50 euro a month. What Kabam is telling me is that I can't rank my 5 stars bot, simply because I don't want to double that. Is this fair to people that grind and spend less, don't think so. I've done almost 15000 arena fights in those 5 months. It's more than people I know being playing since the launch of the game. Can I get that alpha spark? No.

This is why people are negative, not because we don't want Kabam to continue develop the game and keep our pockets full of cash.

Okay, there is a lot here for me to respond too. First off, let me give you some context of my perspective. I have been playing this game since day 1 and spent most of this year in a top 3 ranking alliance. I have also done that being an almost exclusive free to play player. So if you can’t guess already I didnt buy this deal and I won’t be buying it. Does that mean I don’t think it is a good idea? No, like I said they are changing some things up which I see as a step in the right direction. Also, they actually did something similar to this in the early days of the game with both grimlock and shockwave.

I am well aware of the disappointment regarding 7.0. If you search these forums you will see that I started the original post regarding the dissapointment 7.0 brought.

Also, I didn’t like the T3As deals either which I already indicated in my first post.

Does the game need new content and a new game mode? Yes, absolutely! But all I am trying to say is that they seem to be adding a few small things where they can easily and I think that is a step in the right direction.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited September 2018
    But all I am trying to say is that they seem to be adding a few small things where they can easily and I think that is a step in the right direction.

Let me fix that for you, it should be:
    But all I am trying to say is that they seem to be adding a few small things TO KEEP OUR MOUTH SHUT where they can easily ADD MORE PAYED OFFERS.

I'm a grinder. Been like that in all games I've played so far. Once again, what if Megatronus is only payed deal, like the alpha spark? When we will have the chance to get it with grinding? In a month? In 3 months? In a year?
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »

Don't give them ideas, because the next deal will be 20% chance for 5* monthly bot/80% random 4* bot for as little as a monthly flat rent lol.

Saw all the other comments on the milking part and couldn't agree more. I've started playing in May this year and to be fair, it looks like they're trying to cash out. Get as much as you can, while you can.

They already did it, the T3 alpha spark "bundle" for 100 dollars, it was a single spark, for $100
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    Have to agree with ktomov here.
    I'll not repeat and quote everything, but those 2 special " things " added to the game today were pretty much the final blow. Like to say " Here it is, the game is not lasting for long, let's put everything now, when we still can do it "
    The Megatronus deal is a joke itself, but like someone said, it's been in MCOC for decades. I'm not saying that this a good deal or not, I'm just pointing that this might lead to a normal spotlight, offer, chip bounty etc, BUT with next bots getting offer like this, for the people who want to play the featured bot before everyone.
    See it just like another Cash sink $$$

Now let's get to the juicy part, that WONDERFUL 5* OG prime that is being GIVEN to us. Or should I say, given to the whales ? I'll not explain why this event is pure and plain simple for whales only. Just one thing, even the top 3 alliance now ranked in AM have 0 chances at getting those 3 OG prime, why ? Because they are extremely good of course, that's why they are top 3 in AM, but sadly they are not the top 3 wealthiest alliance in this game. And these rewards will be swipped by those whales.

That's my prediction for the winners of this event.
    But all I am trying to say is that they seem to be adding a few small things where they can easily and I think that is a step in the right direction.

But all I am trying to say is that they seem to be adding a few small things TO KEEP OUR MOUTH SHUT where they can easily ADD MORE PAYED OFFERS.

I'm a grinder. Been like that in all games I've played so far. Once again, what if Megatronus is only payed deal, like the alpha spark? When we will have the chance to get it with grinding? In a month? In 3 months? In a year?

Okay, I realize that Kabam hasent “officially” said it, but at the same time they kinda have. There is every indication that he will be released the same way every other bot has this year.

4qo76m9yhg09.png

imd8e0zlt5xi.png

The reason they call it a early release, or preview release, is because it is just that. He will be up for sale in the raid store as usual next Thursday.
  • Lapras wrote: »

Okay, I realize that Kabam hasent “officially” said it, but at the same time they kinda have. There is every indication that he will be released the same way every other bot has this year.

4qo76m9yhg09.png

imd8e0zlt5xi.png

The reason they call it a early release, or preview release, is because it is just that. He will be up for sale in the raid store as usual next Thursday.

Yes, one of the emails they sent today clearly states Megatronus will be taking over Spotlight, Arena, etc. starting next week. This is just a "preview" pack, nothing more.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2018
    You guys need to chill about the Megatronus pack.

This game is actually incredibly generous in how it is set up for f2p to earn virtually everything without dropping a nickel (if you so choose).

The only two things that are 100% behind a paywall are Scout Bee and t3A. t3A will eventually become available for free, so it doesn't really count. Scout Bee hive crystals are available every once in a while for energon, so that bot isn't actually fully behind a paywall either.

The only bot exclusive ever was Scout Bee, and if Megatronus also ends up being a cash exclusive for now, so be it.

Paying players do deserve the opportunity to own something that f2p players can't have once in a while, whether you like it or not. If they want to pay for it, let them have it in peace.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Manthro wrote: »
    You guys need to chill about the Megatronus pack.

This game is actually incredibly generous in how it is set up for f2p to earn virtually everything without dropping a nickel (if you so choose).

The only two things that are 100% behind a paywall are Scout Bee and t3A. t3A will eventually become available for free, so it doesn't really count. Scout Bee hive crystals are available every once in a while for energon, so that bot isn't actually fully behind a paywall either.

The only bot exclusive ever was Scout Bee, and if Megatronus also ends up being a cash exclusive for now, so be it.

Paying players do deserve the opportunity to own something that f2p players can't have once in a while, whether you like it or not. If they want to pay for it, let them have it in peace.

don’t get the impression that i don’t hate kabaam with a burning fury that could make megatronus piss his pants but those deals were pretty well priced. besides they do the same thing with feature character deals.
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    How about some of those same offers for energon? Bunch of guys bought grims and are sitting on cubes. If you're going to collect hard cash for game currency, then there should be kind offers in that format as well. Last real energon deal with valuable mats was July 4th.
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    Four star bots for 2k las of late are deals for new players. Not tenured portfolios
    edited September 2018
    Manthro wrote: »

They do. They have a stable full of rank 3 and rank 4 five star Bots that they have paid for. This is why the top alliances stay the top alliances... Because the fact they buy things makes the gap between the top of the middle growing larger by the day.
  • I always saw it as, if you don't like what they're doing... walk away from the game. It's that simple. You have the power and choice to do that. Better yet, go develop your own free game to everyone else to freeload off.

But... with that said, while I do not agree with Kabam's methodology, ultimately, it's their game and they can do as they choose to, for better or for worst.

Ask yourself this... do you work at a company? and if you do, are you in the business of making money or losing money? If you're in the business of losing money, it won't be long before you're OUT OF BUSINESS. It's like walking into a store. If they choose to give away, that's on them. If they decide to charge stuff, that's fine too... but I have the choice to buy or not buy. No harm no foul there. It's not like they're asking me to fork over money the moment I walked in the store. So I understand where they're coming from.

I'm not trying to be their advocate or anything like that, but I think this Megatronus pack is not worth all this gripping. For those who want to pay and get a slim chance (not even a guaranteed chance) at getting Megatronus, more power to them. By all means, have at it! Haha!

As for me (a 95% F2P player)... I'm going to get Megatronus on Day 1 next week. Because I already have enough crystals and shards stored up.

Simple. As. That.
  • Okay they give 5 normal crystal and 5 elite crystals. But still there's hardly a chance one will get Megatronus as 4*/5*
  • 0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    edited September 2018
    This is just another in the long line of regular whine-fests that comes up every time the usual suspects don't get EVERYTHING they want RIGHT NOW and absolutely for FREE.

I've only been playing this game but a year and a half, but I swear to god in that time there has been a new post EVERY SINGLE DAY about how dissatisfied you are about having to wipe your own noses and how disgraceful it is that you might possibly have pay for the tissue to do it with. I don't understand how Kabam at this point hasn't told everyone to straight up go to "HE-double hockey sticks" for being a bunch of ungrateful crybabies. What if it was your game, and your source of income?

So what if Kabam wants to make some money to pay the people that are developing the content that you CONSTANTLY complain about, even though you get to play it for FREE? And so what if they are giving those willing to support them a MINISCULE AT BEST chance at actually getting that new bot before you, when you'll be getting it for FREE A FEW DAYS LATER? Do you know how ridiculous it sounds when you complain about these things? You feel some kind of injustice against you that some people have more money than you and therefore can afford to buy what you can't or WONT? Well, welcome to planet Earth my friend.

Sure there are some short-term progression-blocks that I don't particularly care for either, but unless its pay to win (which it absolutely is not) then what do you care? Just like everything else that previously was behind a wall (4*bots, T3b, T2a, T3c, etc etc etc) they will eventually be made available to all for free, right? And just like everything else, I'm sure you'll get it just in time for you to whine about the NEXT thing you can't get right now for free.

I don't know of any other form of entertainment that allows you to get EVERYTHING for free at some point. And I know for a fact that you willingly fork over cash on a regular basis for other forms of entertainment, and have FAR less expectations in return and do FAR less complaining about it.

Yes, I know there are still things about the game we all are not 100% satisfied with, and bugs that still need fixing, and content that seems to be taking forever to get here, but come on guys... There has been SO MANY positive changes and new offerings lately, and a ton of it is based on things YOU ASKED FOR. I don't understand how these posts keep coming up like they have, but if I were you I'd stop acting like petulant children and start appreciating the positive direction that this game is moving in before Kabam decides to throw up their hands at you, shut off the "Free-faucet" altogether so that you will go away and they don't have to listen to you anymore, and make it a total pay2win game to cater to those that don't have a problem paying and are willing to support them in a manner that helps.

...just my 2 cents. Flame on.
    Megatronus is the Bayonetta of TFTF, he's broken compared to many other characters, he's extremely good and that's what kabam wanted, it only makes sense that the bayonetta is needed to be paid for for early access. You don't HAVE to buy this bundle to get megatronus, it's just if you're impatient, stop your incessant whining about "cash grabs" it's not like EA where the only way to get the character is paying for it, you can get megatronus in 7 days, get over it.
    Lol wow OVERKILL....fell better now?
    I couldn't really be bothered to read the entire rant but it seems many agree that making things available that you can't get in game is driving folks away...but that's MY 2 cents...in a much shorter and less tamtrumy post.
    How did YOU do on your money spent? Because I'm guessing you're one of the whales so often spoken of.
  • 0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    edited September 2018
    Well shotgun, I find it humorous you "couldn't be bothered" to read it, but you couldn't resist the urge to flame it (or insult) without even knowing the content. Sorry it wasn't short enough for your apparent attention deficit.

And as I've said, NOTHING is "available that you can't get in game". It's simply a matter of either waiting a short time for it, or ponying-up if you "can't be bothered" to wait.
    How did YOU do on your money spent? Because I'm guessing you're one of the whales so often spoken of.

I couldn't help but LOL at this. I have exactly TWO 5* bots that are both still R1 because it takes me forever to get FREE t5 shards, only have about 60% of the available 4* bots (most of which were obtained for FREE via spotlights) and only ONE of those is even R5 because it takes me forever to get enough FREE t3c shards to rank them, and the only purchase I've made was to buy enough energon to get the gold deal because at the time I'd unfortunately already spent the copious amount of FREE energon I'd received up to that point on tons of other FREE stuff.

But thanks for your concern, I do "fell" better. And don't worry, I'll forgive your ASsumption.
    edited September 2018
    Lol wow OVERKILL....fell better now?
    I couldn't really be bothered to read the entire rant but it seems many agree that making things available that you can't get in game is driving folks away...but that's MY 2 cents...in a much shorter and less tamtrumy post.

I am not sure what you mean “making things available that you can’t get in game”. As I said earlier Megatronus will be available in the store next Thursday just like every other bot has been this year. Just because they gave people a small chance at getting him early doesn’t change anything.

If you are referring to the T3A then yea, in all honesty that was to be expected. I don’t know how long you have been playing this game, but this time last year they were selling Class T3s left and right and it wasent until they released the first layout of the ancient Santrum map that it started to become available as rewards. I think most people that have been around for a while were expecting the introduction of T3A to be similar. A lot of the negative feedback about those deals wasent the fact that it was for sale for $100, but rather it was introduced too early. Very few people have collected 9 of the same class of T3s to be able to use it. Are you at a point where you even need a T3A? If not, what are you complaining about.

Also, the bigger issue is the fact that there isent really any content in the game right now which justifies needing a rank 4 5*.

With that being said, the pattern Kabam has has typically followed with rank up items is to first introduce something for sale with cash, sometimes multiple times, then they start to make it available as rewards in game and put up up energon offers. Start saving up your energon and I bet you will see a deal on cyber Monday ( about 2 months out) that has several Class T3, probably 2 T4 basics and yes a T3A that you can buy with energon.

Just remember, you heard it from me first folks :)
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    edited September 2018
    Why would you be negative about a free to play game. I had pacman back in my days, and i just marvel at the amount of content we have at our disposal today, free of charge.
    You can just skip the sale pitches, as most of us do, and just enjoy the content.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    That OG prime will break the $$$ record, I heard that someone is willing to spend $150 a day to get him.
    Well played Kabam, cheers >:)
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited September 2018
    This is GOOD for the game.
    $$$ Players can have at em now, we'll getting for him next week. Via GRIND.
    The game/devs need a cash injection, even i understand the need.
    WHY else should they work? This is a quality game, and to ensure development, the programmers need pay. Nothing comes free.
This discussion has been closed.