Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

5* OG Prime Event Question

massimo51massimo51 Posts: 88
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Curious as to whether or not Kabam will be tracking any alliances trying to inflate their points by using spare accounts that have built up crystals.

Just trying to keep things fair. I am sure there are several alliances that keep multiple accounts on the side accruing crystals that will exploit their points total by doing this.

One possible way to prevent alliances from exploiting this event would be to only allow whichever members were in the event from the start to be eligible, and/or to only allow the points for the members residing in the alliance at the end of the event to count toward the total.
Tagged:

Comments

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I’m not saying folks don’t do this, but why have a second (or third or more) account just to build up crystals? It’s not like it benefits their “main” account or anything.
  • Eight hours a day and one still can't fully explore all spotlight difficulties without the help of Kabam lowering the energy cost, four full runs of your entire roster in the arena and you're still in 3-5% -- To think someone can use spare accounts to stockpile crystals is a massive underestimation of the game's grind.
  • People do. Especially spenders. It’s not an underestimation. It’s a fact. There are many ways to do that but cannot be discussed openly. However, discussing the viability of whether it’s possible or not doesn’t address the question as to whether it will be prevented in the odd chance that someone plans to do it.

Because in the scenario where someone does actually it, anyone not doing it will be at a severe disadvantage. It’s not a matter of can it be done. it’s a matter of keeping it fair if someone does.
  • OKay I'll take it as a fact. But spenders are spenders, if they choose to buy crystals on their spared account, it grows Kabam's revenue so what's the difference between this and people regrouping their alliances JUST for this event.
  • The difference is the spares wont get 5* og prime. So they join with however many spares they have, dump all the crystals and then bring in the main accounts at the end. every account has it’s limits even for spenders. Having multiple accounts at least for this event will pay off to those that have them. Even if I’m a big spender but only have one account, a person who in some way shape or form acquired 20 spare accounts aside from their main is at a clear advantage.

Bigger question is why does it bother u so much that u have to dispute the possibility of this and the placement of measures to prevent it?

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2018
    And the thread immediately after the results of this event will inevitably be a bunch of crybabies demanding that the top 3 alliances be investigated for energon hacks/mods.

If players have multiple accounts they've been hoarding full crystals on for months and months, why shouldn't they reap the benefits of stacking an alliance full of alts to win this?

Not opening crystals stifles progression, they've already sacrificed this aspect for their alt accounts. They should be at an advantage as a result.
  • massimo51 wrote: »
    Because in the scenario where someone does actually it, anyone not doing it will be at a severe disadvantage. It’s not a matter of can it be done. it’s a matter of keeping it fair if someone does.

When my kids complain that something isn’t fair, I just tell them that life isn’t fair. Learn how to use things to your advantage instead.
  • Faithz17 wrote: »

When my kids complain that something isn’t fair, I just tell them that life isn’t fair. Learn how to use things to your advantage instead.

oh i get it. makes sense why you are asking this question. (see screenshot below) guessing this will also be asian banker funded like AM. How many accounts has he purchased or is he planning to purchase for the sake of getting a 5* og prime?

zpp7qa0mnf30.png

• Let's say u buy discipline crystal, at worst all 3* bots only. This scenario required 393k energon to reach 105k pts to unlock rank rewards.

This equivalent to about 127 King Grimlock pack or worth USD20k for getting 1* OG Prime!

Logically it is impossible to get advantage wilth multiple accounts, UNLESS they got energon hack.
    edited September 2018
    massimo51 wrote: »
    Faithz17 wrote: »

oh i get it. makes sense why you are asking this question. (see screenshot below) guessing this will also be asian banker funded like AM. How many accounts has he purchased or is he planning to purchase for the sake of getting a 5* og prime?

zpp7qa0mnf30.png

If someone is willing to fund their alliance to win this event, it's none of your business. Don't be a sore loser.

People borrow money for homes, to start up business, gamble, and a plethora of other reasons.

There's nothing against bankrolling your alliance in the ToS. There's nothing against having alt accounts pad the scores in the ToS.

It's a strategy to win. You may not agree with it, but you do have to deal with it.

The irony here is, Faithz's alliance was investigated due to massive backlash... And the Alliance making the biggest stink about it ended up being one of the ones that got hit with a wave of bans.

Hers came out squeaky clean.

Go figure.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I think this crystal opening event is kinda dum? Because players won’t start October with any Megatronus chips!
    I wish this crystal event would’ve started the beginning of Megatronus month😩
  • Yes we have a plan in place that we even gave up AM this week. AM you have every week but this 5* OP event is the first and who knows if it will repeat again. And it’s not just our usual Chinese bankers this time round. We had to turn down 4 whales because we ran out of space.

I may be wrong, but I think kabam likes whales.
  • massimo51massimo51 Posts: 88
    edited September 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    ]

If someone is willing to fund their alliance to win this event, it's none of your business. Don't be a sore loser.

People borrow money for homes, to start up business, gamble, and a plethora of other reasons.

There's nothing against bankrolling your alliance in the ToS. There's nothing against having alt accounts pad the scores in the ToS.

It's a strategy to win. You may not agree with it, but you do have to deal with it.

The irony here is, Faithz's alliance was investigated due to massive backlash... And the Alliance making the biggest stink about it ended up being one of the ones that got hit with a wave of bans.

Go figure.

Hey aren’t u that guy we booted out of our alliance, defending the girl we wouldn’t allow in? U do know there are ways to make a point without sad attempts at trolling the person that removed you.

Buying accounts is against the terms of service. So if bankrolling involves purchasing accounts from other players, u might want to recheck that. I highly doubt that anyone with an excessive number of spare accounts that will use them specifically for this purpose grew them all by themselves.

And faithz you’re not a whale, so if your plan is to fill an alliance with whales, then shouldn’t they remove you and make room for an actual whale to inflate their score further? What kind of service do u provide that keeps u in an alliance of whales?

edited September 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    ]

Go figure.

Hey aren’t u that guy we booted out of our alliance, defending the girl we wouldn’t allow in? U do know there are ways to make a point without sad attempts at trolling the person that removed you.

Buying accounts is against the terms of service. So if bankrolling involves purchasing accounts from other players, u might want to recheck that. I highly doubt that anyone with an excessive number of spare accounts that will use them specifically for this purpose grew them all by themselves.

And faithz you’re not a whale, so if your plan is to fill an alliance with whales, then shouldn’t they remove you and make room for an actual whale to inflate their score further? What kind of service do u provide that keeps u in an alliance of whales?

No son, bankrolling is lending your players money to buy energon for crystals, it's not buying accounts.

And building alt accounts from scratch and then bringing them into your alliance to open months of hoarded crystals for the sole purpose of winning is perfectly legit.

Im not trolling you or defending faithz, I'm defending the strategy proposed for winning the event. As I've said, you may not like the tactic, but it's legit until proven otherwise and you have to deal with it.

One more thing. You didn't kick me out of your alliance for defending faithz. You kicked me out because I called you out on your passive aggressive mistargeted issues towards me that you were having in your BG.

This isn't the place to air out your personal issues, but I'll be happy to keep making you look the fool if you wish.

Keep trying to slander people for no reason on the forum, I'm sure it will get you a banhammer soon enough.
  • massimo51massimo51 Posts: 88
    edited September 2018
    I just stated a fact, but I’m not your son nor is calling me a fool very respectful. That is a violation of the rules. Please speak with some tact manthro. Not everything has to be so aggressive.

Definition of slander is spreading false statements. You were removed, that was a fact, and she really was denied entrance, repeatedly i might add. Anyhow my only point in bringing that up is that it’s curious to me that the two people that decide to post in a condescending manner are both people that have reason to have issue with me for other reasons unrelated to this topic. I mean faithz, seriously, that is great and all that you teach your kids that life isn’t fair, but I’m not your child, just like I’m not manthro’s son, so be respectful because like manthro said beware of the banhammer.

Back to my actual point. Bankrolling (see definition below) is not specific to how the money is used which means my point stands that a whale could purchase numerous accounts which actually does violate the terms of service and use them for the goal of inflating their score beyond what only 18 accounts could produce, even if those 18 accounts came from maxed out whales themselves.

But If u wanna keep making more points with little snide comments in between then go for it, just beware of the banhammer as u stated. It would be interesting to see a properly structured response from you that does not carry a single condescending word in it. That would be miraculous.

vponmba4tbca.jpeg

edited September 2018
    I just stated a fact, but I’m not your son so u really should Not be disrespectful. That is a violation of the rules. Please speak with some tact manthro. Not everything has to be so aggressive.

Definition of slander is spreading false statements. You were removed, that was a fact, and she really was denied entrance, repeatedly i might add. Anyhow my only point in bringing that up is that it’s curious to me that the two people that decide to post in a condescending manner are both people that have reason to have issue with me for other reasons unrelated to this topic. I mean faithz, seriously, that is great and all that you teach your kids that life isn’t fair, but I’m not your child, just like I’m not manthro’s son, so be respectful because like manthro said beware of the banhammer.

Back to my actual point. Bankrolling (see definition below) is not specific to how the money is used which means my point stands that a whale could purchase numerous accounts which actually does violate the terms of service and use them for the goal of inflating their score beyond what only 18 accounts could produce, even if those 18 accounts came from maxed out whales themselves.

But If u wanna keep making more points with little snide comments in between then go for it, just beware of the banhammer as u stated. It would be interesting to see a properly structured response from you that does not carry a single condescending word in it. That would be miraculous.

vponmba4tbca.jpeg

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

In other words, practice what you preach.

Put our posts in this thread side by side. I'm confident anyone reading them will agree that yours are condescending in comparison to mine.

You just don't like losing an argument. Unfortunately, you can't kick me out of the forums.

As for bankrolling. Accusing players of using that money to buy accounts to win the event is nothing but conjecture. You can scream foul play all you want, but you have absolutely nothing to back it up.

As a matter of fact, calling out players directly and accusing them of cheating is a violation of the ToS, so you should stop right there.

You're slinging mud because you're gonna lose the event and this argument, and there's nothing you can do about it.
  • @Manthro , @Faithz17 , @massimo51 .
    If you people use Line, make a group chat there and discuss all you issues.
    I guess, this isn't the right place to discuss "Kick" issues.
  • Hey All,

It is fine to have a difference of opinions but a few posts have started to lean towards insults and has become non-constructive. For that reason, I am going to go ahead and close this thread down.
This discussion has been closed.