Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Upgrade 5stars or max out 4stars?

I’m wondering is it wise to hold on to all my T3 class or start ranking all my favorite 4stars to rank 5?

Upgrade 5stars or max out 4stars? 33 votes

Start Upgrading 5stars
36%
KillMasterCMufc14JmdToughPurpleMamba82SkBirdmanBlack_ThoughtHannibal80VavatronAaronyukiVanjieHijacker2531 12 votes
No Max out duplicate 4stars instead
63%
IronisgoodMyNastix75Joker69Docholiday321hoolienweeGochaBROValensPrimePyrusPrimeMarkusKaineSparkShredderMeatShield72serdoodthat1guyNightgauntBobnfloydPeasOrion_pax13ButtehrsCeltScarredArachnid333 21 votes

Comments

• Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I’m excited to see what players vote for I think I’ve got the answer but I wanna see what others will say about this?
  • Options
    Start Upgrading 5stars
    If you have the resources and you have a 5* you like go with the 5*. They are just superior when rank and Forged fully. Plus that is the way forward.
  • Options
    Just depends where you are in the game
  • Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    If you want to complete master difficulty spotlight missions, or compete in higher level AM, then its best to start focusing on your 5 stars; otherwise, stick to your 4 stars for now and forge them later when you're serious about investing in 5 stars.
  • Options
    This is a hard one honestly. I would say it is based on your resources, but that might not just be the only factor.

To explain, I have enough resources to max out three four star tech bots, or R2 5 star Rhinox and max out one four star tech bot. I still have not made the decision because one of my Alliance Members has an R2 Five star Rhinox. Looking at his stats, he was much weaker than most of my maxed R5 Four stars.

To be fair to the five star, my top four stars all have their abilities awakened and have a decent to high forge level.

IF you have the resources go with the five stars, start forging away your four stars, but beware of trying to get duplicates for featured bot chips...
  • Options
    depends on your roster really, if you have a raid, spotlight and AM team all at a minimum r4 with a handful of r5 then I’d say start looking into 5*. No need to waste resources on arena bots or anything unless it’s for a specific team. I’m in that position where the 4* I’ve got sitting at r2, looking at them there’s some I don’t want to max, would rather save resources. That’s a topic for another time though. Of course that would all change if I got g1 prime or dinobot, but forging away 4* shouldn’t be an option unless your pennies away from your next 5* in shards.

Save your t3 and rank up the bots that really matter to your teams, and use them wisely. If you get 2 t3c of the same class then yeah, do a 5* if you like it, but a max forge r5 4* is probably still stronger than a r2 5*, and much easier to dupe.

I’m sitting with Magnus, arcee and starscream as 5*, but no real desire to build them yet. Neither of the Tacts are going to usurp g1 megs as my tact spotlight king, and generally don’t bring a tact to raids or AM. Magnus and arcee are part of my backup spotlight team if I want to freshen things up, but nothing more. So they won’t be getting much love anytime soon.

Hope my view of the position I’m in helps you decide. Only go for it if that bot is really going to make a difference to your team. If not, do a r5 4*, they’ll serve you better in the short term until ranking material for 5* becomes more available
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    1) I would use the resources on duped 5*s. An unduped r2 5* is not as good as an awakened sigX r5 4*.
    2) I would start ranking unduped 5*s to r2 once you have a solid base of r5s(enough for a questing team) so you can progress through harder content and make the t3c easier to come by.
    3) I wouldn't r3 any unduped 5* until you start putting t3c into the overflow stash.
  • Options
    Ya I thought Rank 5 4stars we’re stronger than Rank 2 5stars thanks guys !
  • Options
    My problem right now is I’ve formed so many T3 Class all at once and the T2 Alpha I get isn’t cutting it lol
  • Options
    I’ll definitely go with ranking duplicated 4stars first thanks guys
  • Options
    I'd say first of all max out at least a squad of 4 stars, one for each class.
    With that, you can start collecting resources for the 5 stars, but I'd wait to at least have duped one before upgrading them, since they start to be stronger than a M4S after rank 3.
    Upgrading a 5 star bot is surely a good thing, but it's a long term plan, unless you spend money to get the resources faster.
  • Options
    I believe that a max forge and ranked 4 star bot is equal to a rank 3 5 star bot or at rank 2 and at max forge so it would be easier just to focus on the 4 stars for now
  • Options
    Thanks guys!