Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

G1 prime synergies

Finally pulled g1 prime today (at last) and now have the problem of deciding which of his synergies buddies needed. Grimlock is the only guaranteed spot, and can’t decide between prowl and jazz. I’m good with both of them, in their different ways, prowl is already at r4 but have the resources to get jazz to that level.

Also having the same problem with wheeljack and ratchet. Obviously ratchets synergy is great and all, but wheeljack just offers me more of what I like in a tech, power control. Is it worth doubling up on techs rather than adding a different class, and which luitenant to pick?

I’ve got plenty options for the 5th bot at r4 but would love to hear some opinions and similar setups folks use revolving around prime. Want to get the best possible setup and don’t want to waste the resources if I don’t need to

Comments

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Jazz over prowl...I think prowl plays better but Jazz has more synergies that overlap with G1 Prime. Like in your case..Jazz has synergies with Grimlock..So Grim, Prim and Jazz all have incoming and outgoing to each other.
  • I agree prowl is probably the more effective bot than jazz, but it goes back to the wheeljack/ratchet issue; bot usage or synergy usage, although jazz probably has the better synergy, prowl is stronger to use. Not to mention jazz/wheeljack synergy, which throws using ratchet into question while he’s necessary for prime. Which is why it’s becoming such a problem trying to decide.

Probably should have mentioned first, prowl is duped and jazz isn’t. Ratchet and wheeljack are both duped though, if any of that impacts opinion
  • To me they seem to work under different leaders, like Jazz work under Prime and Prowl work under magnus.
    So make these, Jazz, Prime, WJ, Ratchet, Grim.
    Prowl, Magnus, Arcee, Mirage, Grim
  • To me they seem to work under different leaders, like Jazz work under Prime and Prowl work under magnus.
    So make these, Jazz, Prime, WJ, Ratchet, Grim.
    Prowl, Magnus, Arcee, Mirage, Grim

I do use prowl in that same team funnily enough. Suppose it might work doubling up on techs, although I don’t really have any demo’s or warriors worth putting in either of their place.

Will need to work on getting jazz right though, would probably say I’m better as a player with prowl but will see how prime synergy changes things....
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Prime, Jazz/Prowl, Grim.
    Great mix of spam and damage.