Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Rhinox or Mirage..

So, I have finally narrowed it down to 2 characters who fit my play style. Which one shall I take to r5?

Comments

• Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    Rhinox
  • NOX!
    He's the total package. Shielding is great, and Overclock is good, but not super nessesary. It's not as vital to Rhinox's kit as KERS is for Mirage. He Power Locks on Heavy, Bleeds on Ranged, and has Dismantle (Melee Buff vs Bleeding Opponents). His Sp1 is decent, but it's all about Sp2 and getting 6 Bleeds. Sp3 is good too, if Rhinox could repair himself he'd be better than Wheeljack. Don't get me wrong, Mirage is awesome, but he's not as good as Rhinox. Plus NOX synergizes with Ironhide, what's not to love?
  • Rhinox
  • both are fantastic but I guess it comes down to who your best team is. Rhinox is maybe a bit more well rounded but mirage has the better power control and can ramp up his attack fairly well in longer fights. Unless your running BW as your main team or have max deep wounds my vote goes to mirage, just offers so much variety he’s suited to anything.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Rhinox, for being the one man army.
    And you can build zoo team with him and Wasp around OPL too.
  • VanjieVanjie Posts: 82
    Rhinox for sure.
  • C0M1C5C0M1C5 Posts: 42
    It depends on how you play and what modes you play.

As a raider, I feared the harm accelerator, so focused on building a beast war team around Primal, using his Beast Purification Synergy.
    Now I can breeze through it, as it's not an issue of time anymore (; not needing to rush a fight).

However with the inclusion of Megatronus (with players cleverly pairing him with Robot Resource) and his quick power generation, he has managed to take out my whole team by constantly getting special 3 (bating him, is hit and miss). I'm also referring to raiding bases over 35K, with myself around 12K.
    I therefore need a beast war team to combat harm accelerator (and any bots with Damage-Over-Time), and Megatronus' power generation.

Rhinox is the only 4* beast war character that I have yet to max. So to keep my beast purification synergy active and to combat Megatronus' power gain. Rhinox is therefore a clear choice for me.

My raid team would be Primal (to active synergy), Rhinox (on the off chance that Megatronus is part of lineup), then either Cheetor-Dinobot-Waspinator (in that preference order or depending raid base lineup for class advantage).

My beast war team is also what I use for Spotlight/story/daily. Only AM do I use a different team.
  • Mirage is a great bot for very long fights with SP3 and Ranged Combat.. He's easy to dance around with, ... He's a super great if u know how to use him.
    Rhinox is the bot which can handle ANY situation.
    He's best for Pure Offense purpose with Power Locks,, his shields are pretty good insurance in case of misshappening.
    His Damage output is wrecking against Bleeding Opponents and his bleeds are nightmare.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I see why so many people are picking Rhinox, but it really does all come down to factors like what playstyle you have, which synergies you like using and bots bring you the most enjoyment when using.

I use Rhinox with Beast Purification synergy for raids but that's about it. Mirage I use for Spotlights and sometimes AM. He punches really far above his weight class in longer fights (300% more attack damage after getting 20 stacks of attack from his sp3), he has better power control than Rhinox because of how long he can keep his sp1 buff. He can stun lock opponents while debuffing their attacks and he can also heavy under all ranged attacks and purify burns (you pair this last factor with that Code 12 synergy with Prowl and he can do a lot of damage with just his heavies).

Mirage was my bot of choice for defeating Megatronus for all those reasons. He controlled most of the fight with his specials and heavies, even during the Relic of Chaos phase because he was purifying the burn damage.

But that's just my opinion on it. They really are both great bots. I just prefer Mirage at the end of the day.