Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Which 4-star bot to rank up to R5?

93jckrozrtfl.png

Hi guys! Could use your expert advice on who to rank up to R5 as my resources are very limited. I don’t even have enough resources to rank anyone up to R5 yet except for Prowl or Barricade (only have the T3 scout spark) but I am willing to wait for other T3 class sparks to come by since I’ve waited so long anyway. My only 5-star bot is ROTF Megatron but he’d take even more resources up so I’m not considering him for now.

I use my bots pretty much all around. I use any of them for Story and Special Quests and Alliance Missions. My usual team for Raids consists of MV1, Drift, ROTF Megatron but even those, I change up sometimes.

Posted a pic of my roster but here they are listed down:

Drift (duped)
Wheeljack (duped)
ROTF Megatron (5*)
Grimlock (duped)
Prowl (duped)
Shockwave
Mixmaster (duped)
Ironhide
MV1 Optimus Prime
Barricade
Tantrum (not even at R4 right now)

Would appreciate your advice as this could well be my first (and probably last) time to rank anyone up to R5! Haha

Thank you in advance, guys! You’re all amazing!

Comments

• Definitely prowl no doubt about it. His damage output is incredible, his sig is good, his sp1 is very useful, and his sp2 does a lot of damage when it crits, and in general hes my best bot and very good. But up to you man, id wait for more opinions
  • Hey, great input, man! Appreciate it! And that one, i can do now. But that's bye bye T2alphas for me. So yeah, as you said, will wait for other comments, man.

And also, just now, i got a 4-star G1 Megatron so i ranked him up to R3 but that’s it. Have to watch those T2alphas so he will sit at R3 for now while waiting for other comments. Haha

So yeah, updated list would be this.

Drift (duped)
    Wheeljack (duped)
    ROTF Megatron (5*)
    Grimlock (duped)
    Prowl (duped)
    Shockwave
    Mixmaster (duped)
    Ironhide
    MV1 Optimus Prime
    Barricade
    [just now] G1 Megatron (ranked him to R3)
    Tantrum (also at R3)

azjvveyecc5e.png

Thank you, everyone.
  • Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    Definitely prowl and u cant go wrong with shockwave or ironhide either
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    wait for jazz
  • If you haven't beaten rulers of kaon yet then definitely mv1 since hes a great bot regardless but he also mows down bonecrusher, and any other bonecrusher for that matter
  • VanjieVanjie Posts: 82
    i would go for ironhide but prowl is a great option too
  • Between grimlock, prowl, shockwave and wheeljack for me. Depends on your team really. I took grim to r5 and don’t regret it over mv1, especially since shock block made an appearance this month.

If you run cons then shockwave is a must, however. It’s ridiculous how good he is even unduped, and is one of the few who for me go above class distadvantage and excellent against anyone. If it means anything, I’m praying the t3c from exploring expert dishes out a t3 tech for shockwave, although main team already has galv and g1 megs at r5 so he’s the standout option personally
  • Who is better optimus prime duped or grimlock
  • Deadmemeboi, I haven’t beaten any of these high-level paths like ROK, man. Tbh, I suck at this game but it’s still so much fun bashing bots against each other. Haha

MV1 has always been my go-to bot in raids so he was actually at the top of my list until i read so much love for prowl.

Appreciate your advice, man! You’re great!
  • Vanjie, ironhide has always been my fave bot (with bludgeon) from back when i only had 2-star bots. But the other bots are incredible too. It’s so difficult to pick one bot! And that’s why these comments from you guys mean a lot. Thank you. :)
  • Mr_wonderful, i do run cons too as i use ROTF Megatron a lot when it comes to higher PI paths. Thank you!

Btw, can’t imagine how strong your team is with galvatron ang g1 megs at R5, man!
  • KaiKai Posts: 6
    Grimlock. ;)
  • Mv1 at all costs. Best of them all in that image
  • We were just talking about this, Kai! Lol😉
  • Probably in the severe minority but Galvatron. That’s who I’m planning on getting to Rank 5 first.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Prowl for sure
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Drift (duped) good choice
    Wheeljack (duped) good choice
    ROTF Megatron (5*) bad choice
    Grimlock (duped) good choice
    Prowl (duped) good choice
    Shockwave good choice
    Mixmaster (duped) are you crazy!!!
    Ironhide bad choice because he is unduped
    MV1 Optimus Prime good choice
    Barricade bad choice
    Tantrum (not even at R4 right now) bad choice.
  • PaoweepaopaoPaoweepaopao Posts: 27
    edited November 2018
    @Prfctcellrulz Agree, Galvatron wreaks havoc. Unfortunately, I don’t have him in 4*. Thanks for the insight, bro.
  • @OptimalOptimus_MV1 Your name gives your answer away, man. Lol But I agree, he’s up there too. Just don’t know if i should wait for a dupe before i rank him. Dunno how important his dupe is. Would you know? Much appreciated, man. :)
  • @Slayer And this makes it easier to decide, my Prowl is duped twice. If only i had more resources to rank up even just 3. I can only wish. Lol

Appreciate your input, man. Cheers!
  • @Mufc14 Appreciate this very much bro. But is ROTF Megs really that bad? Is there a good side to that bad coin? :)
    edited November 2018
    Here is an updated list though. Not much change except that i have ranked 4 Tantrum and now i have a rank 4 Bludgeon which adds to the dillemma. But thanks for your expert opinions in advance, guys. Can’t wait to get one of my bots past 3k P.I. Kinda tired of being beaten up. Lol 😂

zbox8lgd40py.jpeg
    q1mc4fvc0hhl.jpeg
    ko7rbtgln05s.jpeg
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    @Mufc14 Appreciate this very much bro. But is ROTF Megs really that bad? Is there a good side to that bad coin? :)
    He is not bad as a bot at all but not as a first choice among your other bots, especially if he is unduped.

• KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Bludgeon: he’s alright, He’s got some decent damage but no anti evade. Also his signature is probably one of the worst in the game.

Tantrum: he’s a good bot overall, his dupe is nice as it allows you to purify debuffs. I’m not a fan of the avoid backstepping play style though. He wouldn’t be my first pick but I certainly wouldn’t blame you for taking him up.

Shockwave: another one I find to be kind of meh. His damage and abilities are good for a tech, along with his synergies. My only gripe would be techs have low overall damage. He’s good to take up but I wouldn’t make him my first.

Mixmaster: don’t waste your resources here

Ironhide: a lot of his damage comes from that signature ability, so I would hold off for now. Otherwise he’s awesome.

Mv1: he’s a great bot, solid damage and can heal off of bleeds. He doesn’t need to be duped as his signature is fairly worthless in higher level play.

Megatron: I like him duped but that’s just me. He can get permanent debuffs off pretty quick making him a great choice either way.

Barricade: he’s actually a really good bot, backfires do good damage and his sp2 has power steal. Not sure you can argue him as a bad choice.

Grimlock: he’s really just a debuff counter, I would leave him at rank 4 and take someone who is more universal not situational.

Drift: great bot, I always liked how he synergized with the combo meter. If you can consistently keep combo’s over the 15 mark he’s a great choice, of not I would hold off.

Prowl: I love this guy, he was one of my first 4 stars and personally the first one I took to r5. I don’t regret it one bit. Amazing power control and solid damage.

Wheeljack: one of the best bots in the game easily. I know I said I wouldn’t take up techs first earlier, but this would be my one exception. Get power rate buffs and spam sp3s for healing and he’s a tough cookie for the ai to kill. Nano repair makes it all that much better.

Rotf megs: I would highly advise upgrading a 4 star first.

You can’t go wrong with any of the following if you were to upgrade them right now: Drift, Prowl, Barricade, Wheeljack, and MV1
  • @Mufc14 I understand. And thank you for shedding light on this. You’re super helpful, man. :)
  • @Prfctcellrulz Agree, Galvatron wreaks havoc. Unfortunately, I don’t have him in 4*. Thanks for the insight, bro.
    No problem. I hope you get him eventually.

edited November 2018
    @Kenny, I kind of held off on ranking Tantrum up as we can see from the start of the thread (Tantrum @R3/5) but I had to burn some expiring ores so he was naturally the next one in line. All the other 4-stars (not in the pics) are unranked so they would take more to rank up. Just needed to burn a fraction of the ores but yeah, not so much a fan of Tantrum either, especially mine isn’t duped.

Am so eager to dupe Ironhide but one can only wish. Lol

Nice clarification on MV1. Wasn’t sure if his sig is as groundbreaking as Ironhide’s, but am happy to hear from you that it isn’t, so then now he’s really a contender.

I love Barricade and I’d be ranking him up off the bat if he only had high health. Even his evades can’t save him from getting killed, thanks to my crappy skill level. Lol

Am slowly inching towards Prowl since he’s the only one I’ve duped twice. And his power control pretty much transcends class advantage.

But then there’s Wheeljack who has power control too, shock, stun, and regen. And his force shield has saved me countless times (from mixmaster’s/ironhide’s/rotf meg’s sp2, etc) so he’s one tough cookie.

Hey man, this is the most comprehensive advice I can get! Gathered so much insight. You’re wonderful, man, I’m so grateful. :)
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Here is an updated list though. Not much change except that i have ranked 4 Tantrum and now i have a rank 4 Bludgeon which adds to the dillemma. But thanks for your expert opinions in advance, guys. Can’t wait to get one of my bots past 3k P.I. Kinda tired of being beaten up. Lol 😂

zbox8lgd40py.jpeg
    q1mc4fvc0hhl.jpeg
    ko7rbtgln05s.jpeg

gs megatron
  • @Kenny why do you think bludgeons sig is bad? He’s a solid addition to a beastsword team even unduped, his sig makes him really shine there. Yet more Crit damage on top of increased Crit rate and damage is only a good thing isn’t it? That sig procs with a decent buildup of non Crit hits and he hits like a truck
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    @Kenny why do you think bludgeons sig is bad? He’s a solid addition to a beastsword team even unduped, his sig makes him really shine there. Yet more Crit damage on top of increased Crit rate and damage is only a good thing isn’t it? That sig procs with a decent buildup of non Crit hits and he hits like a truck

You have to miss to get the bonus damage. So unless you somehow accidentally miss it’s a total wash in damage: