Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

How do I beat some giant bucket that's ticking me off all the time

Megatronus 3.2 Master difficulty
(The 2nd fight)

Comments

• Options
    KenKen Posts: 53
    He keeps waiting for his 3rd special even when I heavy and nullify him many times
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Hit him, a lot, at some point he will die.

Seriously though if he’s saving a sp3 constantly odds are it’s not just bad luck, your either to aggressive or to passive.

What I’ve noticed is once the relic of preservation comes up he likes to sit back, block, and hold specials. This is when to play more aggressively. Also, if you finish a combo and he doesn’t use his special within a few seconds I would say forget baiting it and get the damage you can.

On the other hand playing overly aggressive you may not give him the chance to use a special, it’s a fine balance you need to figure out. Eventually you’ll get it down and get a good fight, just keep trying!
  • Options
    That's some great advice, Kenny! Thanks for sharing with us! :)
  • Options
    ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    Mhmm.. I took him down to 47% with just my Dino.
    I find that AI tends to throw a special out when you are trying to rush them over and over so if you do it and they throw a special, if you react at just the right moment, you will be able to dodge and then counter.

Also, if he is already at SP3 then you might as well keep rushing him and try to get as much damage off as you can until the SP3 hits you. There were times in other fights that I was able to take a bot down a nice chunk of health (till he died) while he was holding 3 bars because I kept punching him and wouldn't stop.
  • Options
    Bring bots that can take his power. Steal it with Barricade. Block it with Prowl, Kickback, or Shockwave.

Otherwise, just learn to hit him and avoid getting hit...
  • Options
    Low energy Motormaster can jack him up.
  • Options
    Bring bots that can take his power. Steal it with Barricade. Block it with Prowl, Kickback, or Shockwave.

Prowl is a bad idea, especially if duped. He replicates both the melee buff and power gain, gives him as much as you get yourself.

Learned that one the hard way.
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Prowl is a very bad idea, lol.

Bring different bots for each stage. Rhinox works very well and Jazz would be very helpful in that one stage he just sits and blocks. Cyclonus I think for the unstoppable phase (never got to try him myself though).

Also, important you one shot that first Megatronus so you have all your bots for the second. It's very low energy cost to keep repeating the first one until you get him.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105

Prowl is a bad idea, especially if duped. He replicates both the melee buff and power gain, gives him as much as you get yourself.

Learned that one the hard way.

I think he replicates randomly between power gain and attack buff, but not both.
  • Options
    I thought he took the attack buff too. He definitely took the power gain, which made me eat a sp3 fairly quickly as wasn’t paying attention.

But yeah, prowl is a bad idea there. Shockwave and g1 megs are a good combo against him, worked fine for me on expert. Still to reach him on master though.