Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Featured Bot Chip Away Mission are counter productive

At the end of the month, everyone ends up with leftover chips. I am sitting here looking at my leftover Cyclonus bot chips which total just under 22,000 (my next 3* would cost me 30,000 chips). Sometime in the next week or two these chips are going to magically disappear and we are told they convert to gold at a 1 to 1 ratio (although I have never been able to confirm this).

Seeing how it costs nearly 3x gold per chip awarded in these away missions you are simply losing gold in the end. Which makes these away missions counter productive. Sure, there may be the rare case where you end up with just the right amount of chips to purchase 1 more bot, but that is not going to happen very often if at all.

The obvious solution to this is to reduce the gold cost to run these away missions.

Comments

• Away missions need reworked in general I think. T1c has no place being rare, at best uncommon. A small increase to 4* shards dished out too would be nice.

I guess the only reason they’re so low in quantity is to encourage grinding through other means. I got chips from an away mission earlier but looking dangerously close to my 1st duped 4* from the raid store this month, otherwise it was getting ignored.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Just think... what if you ended up with 139,328 bot chips and you were hoping to dupe your 4 star at least once? That 823 bot chip away mission that you skipped could've come in handy. Chances are that things won't be like that, but you never know.

I do agree that the cost of those away missions are a little skewed. Or at least give us more gold for the leftover chips we have.
  • Hey!

Wanted to drop by and thank you for your feedback on this. I can't give any certainty to what can come from it, but I've gone ahead with passing it along to the rest of the team. :)
  • Hey All,

I'm also going to pop in to give some insight on the intention behind this. For the most part, Chips are just meant to be a temporary goal that changes every month. Originally, the plan was for them to just disappear at the end of the month, but instead we thought that you guys would probably like it better if you got something out of them, even if it's just a small thing like Gold.

That said, like Vydious said, we've passed this on to the team.
  • This month ive hardly seen any away missions for megatronus chips. Is this intentional?
  • Anyone here know why some people get some time good rewards in Away Missions ? I always get rubbish t1c , the most t2c , never a t3c . And I have seen many getting some times 1k of t3c and good offers of 4* shards.
    @Kabam Miike please have a look at this OS in my account there is any problems or limitations.
    Do I have to get top in anything in special yo get better look?
    @Kabam Pepper @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Custos
  • Seb1976Seb1976 Posts: 77
    I think I’ve seen chips in Away Missions pretty much every day recently
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited October 2018
    Seb1976 wrote: »
    I think I’ve seen chips in Away Missions pretty much every day recently

Yeah, but I wish they were five times as much for maybe around twice the current cost.