Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

3rd party Transformers as base models

Is Kabam legally able to use the designs of 3rd party transformers as an in game character model? I noticed Jazz is almost identical to Toyworld's Coolsville (masterpiece jazz).
Also in Earth wars motormaster is based off Transformmission's Powertrain. I know Earth wars isnt kabam but if kabam is able to use 3rd party figures as bases then they should definitely do some characters based on FansToys "masterpiece" figures. They are better than combiner wars power of the primes or titans return that's for sure.
Tagged:

Comments

• FansToys G1 Hound is WET
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Is Kabam legally able to use the designs of 3rd party transformers as an in game character model? I noticed Jazz is almost identical to Toyworld's Coolsville (masterpiece jazz).
    Also in Earth wars motormaster is based off Transformmission's Powertrain. I know Earth wars isnt kabam but if kabam is able to use 3rd party figures as bases then they should definitely do some characters based on FansToys "masterpiece" figures. They are better than combiner wars power of the primes or titans return that's for sure.

Doubt it.
    Kabam is working with Hasbro.
    This is an extended toy commercial for man-children.
  • VanjieVanjie Posts: 82
    I just want a 3rd party company to make a Tantrum that looks like the in game one. Don’t care if it combines.
    Vanjie wrote: »
    I just want a 3rd party company to make a Tantrum that looks like the in game one. Don’t care if it combines.

Me thinks MasterMind Creations Bovis might suffice.9kh5wbtefrcd.jpg
    edited October 2018
    I love getting to talk about this stuff!

Our in-game models are created in collaboration with our partners at Hasbro, but if you look, many of them have our own little spin on them. For instance, take a look at Bumblebee (Generations). To the best of my knowledge (and please correct me if I'm wrong), there is no Bee like that anywhere else. Our Tantrum is one I am very proud of as well, and although there are definitely models out there similar to our Optimus Primal, we emphasized his Arm and Back muscles to make him look more intimidating in his Beast form, and I personally think ours is unmatched.

Such a well designed Bee...*cough*new movie*cough*redesign*
    But seriously, his head design's great, with his adorable 90s Honda Civic alt form!

Only some unreleased 3rd party Primal comes close to yours (ok maybe the Takara masterpiece, too).

Finally, your Tantrum is the best looking in ANY media.

Well done, Mr Matere!
  • @Kabam Miike ,so if CliffJumper is ought to be made into game, will you just repaint Bee, or make some signature changes in his design
  • I love getting to talk about this stuff!

Our in-game models are created in collaboration with our partners at Hasbro, but if you look, many of them have our own little spin on them. For instance, take a look at Bumblebee (Generations). To the best of my knowledge (and please correct me if I'm wrong), there is no Bee like that anywhere else. Our Tantrum is one I am very proud of as well, and although there are definitely models out there similar to our Optimus Primal, we emphasized his Arm and Back muscles to make him look more intimidating in his Beast form, and I personally think ours is unmatched.
    What about arcee, dinobot, and shockwave? Are shockwave and dinobot based off the masterpiece figures? What's the deal with arcee? Is she supposed to be a slimmer and heavily modified version of the titans return blurr repaint arcee?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I like Soundwave and UMs design...much more serious looking bots than the toys