Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Tftf future

Mark174Mark174 Posts: 41
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Well, in this two days some players get weird message from anonymous who made an “announcement” of tft’s future. And it’s something unpromising.
It says that we should stop spending money here cuz next year game will be fizzled out.
So what do we have atm. Multiple offers including three t3a, no new content, no new loading screen picture and failure major update 7.0. I don’t want to believe to any person who will tell me that this is the end and fame slowly dying.
Many top players and whales are confused. What to do now, what to expect?
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Tenebrous Give us a little heads up, please. We deserve to know what to expect. Is there any plan? Anything?

Comments

• Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Was it in game (announcement)?
    Do you have a screenshot?
  • Mark174Mark174 Posts: 41
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    Was it in game (announcement)?
    Do you have a screenshot?
    Announcement was a little sarcastic. So there was a message from insider. Can’t tell from whom exactly. This person will write here if he needs.
    But after this I am just worrying about this game.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited October 2018
    And some random dude on the internet told me that the earth is flat. I should call NASA and ask them for heads up. We deserve to know what to expect. /s

Will just quote something:
    In February 2017, Korean publisher Netmarble made a significant acquisition, purchasing Kabam’s vancouver studio and some other minor assets for a cool $750M.

Do you really believe that some company will spend such money on studio that owns 2 games being TFTF and MCOC, and after less than 2 years will close one of the projects? Even if they allocate 90% of their resources towards MCOC, TFTF still have massive fanbase and paying gamers.

Yeah, we are really on some desperate need of new content, but I'm sure it'll come, probably December after Bee movie.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    I will say, the lack of a new loading screen does freak me out a little.

I see MCOC getting tons of attention, this game definitely needs some love.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    If you do want to quit, quit already. At least go Kitten.
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    ktomov wrote: »
    And some random dude on the internet told me that the earth is flat. I should call NASA and ask them for heads up. We deserve to know what to expect. /s

Will just quote something:
    In February 2017, Korean publisher Netmarble made a significant acquisition, purchasing Kabam’s vancouver studio and some other minor assets for a cool $750M.

Do you really believe that some company will spend such money on studio that owns 2 games being TFTF and MCOC, and after less than 2 years will close one of the projects? Even if they allocate 90% of their resources towards MCOC, TFTF still have massive fanbase and paying gamers.

Yeah, we are really on some desperate need of new content, but I'm sure it'll come, probably December after Bee movie.

I wouldn't be so confident if I was you.
    Saying some " facts " or hoping for the best after a movie that " COULD potentially " hype up the game and the players isn't a proof of a game longevity.
    From an outsider point of view, this game is " Dying ', slowly, but still.
    No new content, the last " major update " wasn't so bright too, and didn't meet people's expectation.
    Throwing offers like no tomorrow ( hello 3 x T3A ), for example 5* r4 are soo Overpowered right now, even people who aren't so good can beat easily master now. Rok is a joke, and Rok 2.0 is achievable with 2k-3k energon with those kind of roster.

Those are the signs of the game saying " I'm not feeling so well sir "
    Believe or not, but at this point, this game is " dead ".
  • Mark174Mark174 Posts: 41
    If you do want to quit, quit already. At least go Kitten.

That’s silly to think that I want to quit after reading this post. I love this game and I worry about it. Some omens gave my worries a chance to be alive.

• Tbh at this point in time everyone who plays this game needs to come together and unite. We all want new content etc. But there is no need for people to say stupid comments such as "just quit the game then."
    We are all here because the majority of us are super transformers fans ( if you like Michael bay films or not)
    So @Kabam Miike I'm only tagging you as you are like the main admin. We need you to be talking with us more. It is a joke that hardly any of the admin have spoken or answered questions that we want answered.
    If you compare this game with MCOC, TFTF is soo much better in anyway. Minus the player base obviously. But you have to consider this has been out 1 year and about 6 months. While MCOC has been out for what 7 years give or take.
    Also I have said this ages ago before in a previous post. But the reason people are retiring from this game is because there is no new content and your making far too many offers the same. Just like the 3 t3a deals.
    So im going to beg and ask you to read this and reply with a awesome reply not something so vague that gives us more questions.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited October 2018
    Celt wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so confident if I was you.
    Saying some " facts " or hoping for the best after a movie that " COULD potentially " hype up the game and the players isn't a proof of a game longevity.
    From an outsider point of view, this game is " Dying ', slowly, but still.
    No new content, the last " major update " wasn't so bright too, and didn't meet people's expectation.
    Throwing offers like no tomorrow ( hello 3 x T3A ), for example 5* r4 are soo Overpowered right now, even people who aren't so good can beat easily master now. Rok is a joke, and Rok 2.0 is achievable with 2k-3k energon with those kind of roster.

Those are the signs of the game saying " I'm not feeling so well sir "
    Believe or not, but at this point, this game is " dead ".
    I'm not stating facts, I'm just stating what I see. I'm not sure if the game will have anything about the Bee movie, it's just hypothetically connected.

From your point of view, the game probably is dying, but not from mine. Look I get it, probably you're playing the game since its very beginning, but I'm here for 4 months and a half, and I don't see it as dying. I agree that it needs new content to keep old players happy, but for people like me, it had enough till this point. People will always join and quit. I've never knew about this game 5 months ago and came across it on facebook ad, so new people will join, taking the places of those that left.

I'm sure many players have left, but all had their reasons. For some it was the lack of new content, for others the crashes, for third - just for lack of motivation, or family issues.

The offers are made for those that can spend hundred frigging dollars on virtual item, they are not for me, that's what my monthly rent costs. That doesn't mean that it's the final sale and the servers will suddenly shut down in couple of months.

I was playing before a game called Mu Origin. The authors had tons of events and hundreds things to do. Believe me, A LOT OF CONTENT. Guess what, at one point after playing it for over a year and a half, the game became so much time demanding with all the things that needed to be done, that I've had problems with the sleep and time for work I had. So that much content made me quit the game. Oh and in the same game there were beweakly events for spenders, I know a guy that had been spending 10k every second week, and he quit the game after 2 years.

My point being that if you base your "but at this point, this game is "dead'", simply because there isn't act4 or new game mode every couple of months, and that there are T3A offers, you should go check the game I was speaking of, it should be dead for over 3 years now.

Edit: Addition. I will start worrying when there's no new spotlight mission. As far I'm concerned, they're still developing and working on the game, giving us a new bot every month.
  • TechnosTechnos Posts: 29
    Hopefully we get a useful reply.
    At least if this thread is closed right away, then we can make our conclusions I guess.
    It should be an open discussion whether kabam likes it or not.
    Probably not described in the forum rules we may not tak about this.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    I’m not as grim about this subject anymore, however if Kabaam doesn’t introduce any content in the near future, TFTF WILL CONSIST OF WHALES AND NOOBS ONLY. The whales won’t stop for a few months after the regular players stop, and the noobs will never become serious players, and after that TFTF dies, but that takes a long time and I have hopes Kabaam can turn things around, however with the 3RD T3A DEAL I have my doubts...
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    There has been a post like this every month since global launch.

Even if the game was on the chopping block, you will not hear a peep from the developers until they absolutely MUST give a minimum heads up to the community via the ToS sunset clause.

Having said that... There's another game I thought would have closed years ago that I used to play.. Tyrant Unleashed. It currently has less than 5000 active players, many of which have alternate accounts so I would estimate under 3500 actual players.

It's still going strong. Still receiving content.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    The only way kabam would close this game down is if they had too many games to take care of. They have 2. Transformers ain't goin anywhere.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    Kitten wrote: »
    I’m not as grim about this subject anymore, however if Kabaam doesn’t introduce any content in the near future, TFTF WILL CONSIST OF WHALES AND NOOBS ONLY. The whales won’t stop for a few months after the regular players stop, and the noobs will never become serious players, and after that TFTF dies, but that takes a long time and I have hopes Kabaam can turn things around, however with the 3RD T3A DEAL I have my doubts...

"TFTF WILL CONSIST OF WHALES AND NOOBS ONLY" Then you're just the beginning.
  • To be honest I have experienced first hand recently a lot of players I know either taking a break for a while or quitting completely. My clan alone lost about 1/3rd due to retirees/breaks in the last 2 weeks and some other clans I know have said the same thing. Many are just grind fatigued (me included), some are bummed at no new content or improvement and some have considered Megatronus as pretty much end-game and a good time to move on. I really want to stay though. I just hope something is done soon.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    I can't bring myself to launch the game anymore. For veterans, I find there is nothing interesting nor fun worth putting my time into anymore.
    rnyxcecmikxd.gif
    Hopefully Kabam can bounce back somehow.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    It's called if I dont wannt play I just log in to get calendar rewards. If I'm bored of spotlight...I dont do it and play another game and just focus on am
This discussion has been closed.