Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Is Megatronus worth taking to r5?

Wondering if it’s worth going for the full objectives this month, as I have a t3 demo spare and have megatronus sitting at r4 just now. As it stands, he’s not my first choice demo bot, and isn’t going to unseat galvatron anytime soon. The passive power gain just throws me off routine a bit too much. He’s making a solid defender though on robot resource, and do kinda like him, just can’t see me using him all that much, although I’m yet to dupe him (on course for that though). Anyway, what’s everyone’s thoughts on him as a bot to use, and is he really worth maxing?

Comments

• Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    yes
    ——
  • Options
    Dew it
  • Options
    Dew it

it’s not the Jedi way
  • Options
    Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    edited October 2018
    Yes.. He’s a god
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Now everybody has him as a base defender on robot resource. Prepare your Windblade.
  • Options
    h6lf9el16egh.gif yes dew it
  • Options
    Absolutely
  • Options
    m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Beware the inevitable Nerf...
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited October 2018
    m00nshine wrote: »
    Beware the inevitable Nerf...

There are high end players (I am not one) that are investing or have invested heavily in getting a 5* Megatronus. If he gets nerfed, I am willing to bet you will see a significant number of departures.

Oh and spreading rumours is not allowed in this forum.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Never stopped them from nerfing op champs in mcoc. Theyll still make their money and release new characters lol.
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    He’s amazing dark power he quickly replaced Ironhide, Galvatron etc
    Everyone max out Megatronus he is the best bot in forged to fight
    On rank 5 lvl 50/50 not duplicated no forge lvl 3,700 rating my buddy told me
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    My Megatronus is on lvl 42/50 bot lvl and rank up soaked me lol
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Wondering if it’s worth going for the full objectives this month, as I have a t3 demo spare and have megatronus sitting at r4 just now. As it stands, he’s not my first choice demo bot, and isn’t going to unseat galvatron anytime soon. The passive power gain just throws me off routine a bit too much. He’s making a solid defender though on robot resource, and do kinda like him, just can’t see me using him all that much, although I’m yet to dupe him (on course for that though). Anyway, what’s everyone’s thoughts on him as a bot to use, and is he really worth maxing?

Doesn't sound like you're crazy about him. Is there any other bot you'd rather save the spark for?

I R5'd mine. He is my first R5 Demo, I like using him even if you kind of have to adapt to the power flow thing. I also like that he has a direct synergy with G1 Megatron, unlike Ramjet and Galvatron who can only give Megatron synergy though other bots.

• Options
    Now everybody has him as a base defender on robot resource. Prepare your Windblade.

I thought Rhinox
  • Options
    he’s not good enough or broken enough to get nerfed
  • Options
    CeltCelt Posts: 190
    Yea, in terms of pure damage, he's easily beated by Ironhide, or even Galvatron with some good crit.
    Like Kitten said, he's well rounded, even if he's probably the best bot right now. He don't deserve any nerf imo

I just hope that this will not create an artificial hype that will lead to an actual ( useless ) nerf
  • Options
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Doesn't sound like you're crazy about him. Is there any other bot you'd rather save the spark for?

I R5'd mine. He is my first R5 Demo, I like using him even if you kind of have to adapt to the power flow thing. I also like that he has a direct synergy with G1 Megatron, unlike Ramjet and Galvatron who can only give Megatron synergy though other bots.

To be honest mate, there isn’t another, none of them beat galv for damage output for me. Unless I knew there was a g1 autobot demo due soon, megagod’s pretty much the only one that comes close to galv, if only in a base defence capacity.

Wouldn’t mind a spark swap system.... 2 t3 drpm and 2 t3 tact, is my lot in the game so far, would gladly swap either for a tech for shockwave, who I use extensively
  • Options

To be honest mate, there isn’t another, none of them beat galv for damage output for me. Unless I knew there was a g1 autobot demo due soon, megagod’s pretty much the only one that comes close to galv, if only in a base defence capacity.

Wouldn’t mind a spark swap system.... 2 t3 drpm and 2 t3 tact, is my lot in the game so far, would gladly swap either for a tech for shockwave, who I use extensively

You ablaoluty right! Galvatron damage is unmatched. Trouns is still a great bot and if you don’t have galvatron then rank up trouns. What he lacks in damage he makes up for in utility.
  • Options

Who knows, maybe they'll come up with something.

I don't know what to tell you. It could be months before another Demo is released but then sometimes Kabam pulls rabbits out of hats. At this point, I have to think the next Demo would be an autobot but you might end up with several T3 Demo Sparks by then. If you think Megatronus is viable longer term as a base defender maybe it's worth R5'ing him for that?

And then what about any potential 5* Demos?
  • Options

Who knows, maybe they'll come up with something.

I don't know what to tell you. It could be months before another Demo is released but then sometimes Kabam pulls rabbits out of hats. At this point, I have to think the next Demo would be an autobot but you might end up with several T3 Demo Sparks by then. If you think Megatronus is viable longer term as a base defender maybe it's worth R5'ing him for that?

And then what about any potential 5* Demos?

Currently don’t have a 5* demo, although not far from my next 5*. Good point about 5*, although as you can see from the t3’s I’ve got I’ve not long moved into the r5 4* level, and still working on building a team of r5’s.

Of course if a desirable demo dropped from my next 5* I’d hold onto it, and see if I could get another t3 demo, but that’s a big if. Plus in no way am I ready to start forging away 4*, admittedly still like to keep a large roster for crystal and sig arena’s. Just kinda annoyed that I don’t really need another r5 demo at the moment, or at least one that can usurp galv, and yeah as much as mega god is good in his own way, he just doesn’t overtake galv on a personal level, and not a fan of doubling up on classes. Only exception to that is my g1 prime team. But off the subject there.

I agree about it possibly being months before we see another demo. Can only hope kabam gets into gear with giving us a g1 autobot demo. Really thought wheeljack was going to be it but happy with how he turned out nonetheless
  • Options
    Interesting seeing some other people questioning whether Megatronus is their first choice for taking to R5. I've been really torn this month because I'm finally just a couple of thousand T3C essence shy of getting my first T3 Demo spark, and I'd always had Galvatron booked in for it. He has literally no synergies with the rest of my main team, but I love his damage output with dark burn, and he suits my dash-in dash-out playstyle.
    Megatronus, on the other hand, seems like he's rather convoluted and complicated to use if you want to get the most out of him, and I can't shake the fact that playing with a god on your team seems daft. BUT. I have MV1 Prime and OG Prime on my main team, so two of my best bots would be getting synergy boosts, and Megatronus would be doubling up on synergies from the two Primes, which unless I misunderstand how synergies work, would mean a 16% boost to attack rating.
    So I'm finding myself debating over whether I'm better off R5ing a proven demo bot that I enjoy using, or R5ing a bot that isn't as appealing, but buffs my team and gives me 3000 T3 Demo essence if I do it this month...
  • Options
    PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    edited October 2018
    Nightgaunt wrote: »
    Interesting seeing some other people questioning whether Megatronus is their first choice for taking to R5. I've been really torn this month because I'm finally just a couple of thousand T3C essence shy of getting my first T3 Demo spark, and I'd always had Galvatron booked in for it. He has literally no synergies with the rest of my main team, but I love his damage output with dark burn, and he suits my dash-in dash-out playstyle.
    Megatronus, on the other hand, seems like he's rather convoluted and complicated to use if you want to get the most out of him, and I can't shake the fact that playing with a god on your team seems daft. BUT. I have MV1 Prime and OG Prime on my main team, so two of my best bots would be getting synergy boosts, and Megatronus would be doubling up on synergies from the two Primes, which unless I misunderstand how synergies work, would mean a 16% boost to attack rating.
    So I'm finding myself debating over whether I'm better off R5ing a proven demo bot that I enjoy using, or R5ing a bot that isn't as appealing, but buffs my team and gives me 3000 T3 Demo essence if I do it this month...

I was kinda in the same boat except with Ironhide but I decided to stick with my proven team. If I were to r5 Megatronus I would have to work on my decepticon team some hard sell for me as my team A is about to be full of r5 bots very soon
  • Options
    Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    absolutely
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Nightgaunt wrote: »

You think Megatronus is convoluted and complicated?? I think he is pretty straightforward compared to Galvatron. With Galvatron, I end up changing my fighting style just to try to get Dark Energy charges and sometimes I take hits because of it. Plus if you want to get the most out of his specials you have to get the charges up and then find an opening for a special in 6 seconds on top of that. But you know, maybe it is just me and I am not wise to his style.

With Megatronus, yes you have to put some thought into getting the right relics for his specials if you want to go for a Power Steal or a Life Steal but the Dark Burn with his heavy is guaranteed every time, no muss no fuss. And you still have pretty good chances to Armour Break and Stun with his specials.
  • Options
    You get an r5 with a t3c rebate, no question for me . I try and r5 every feature bot. If I like em I forge them up, if not forge food for a 5* later