Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

KABAM WE NEED A PRACTICE MODE

Im not having fun with game because I feel i am forced to use certain bots in all aspects of the game. Sometimes i wanna use kickback but I cant because he cant take a hit for jack. When im doing spotlight on expert, I always have to take MV1 to counter a possible bonecrusher, cyclonus, to counter a possible motormaster, or Hot rod to deal with evade. (Which kabam seems to love puttimg bosses on that mod.) In raids. Its MV1 cause people love to abuse harm accelerator. (Its rediculous that you can die from that despite not taking a single hit) Cyclonu, cause everyone puts an exo filter on their base, and Prowl for power control.

Having to use the same bots over and over just so I wont loose a fight gets boring. Sometimes I wanna try out Ratchet or Magnus. Sometimes I JUST want to play with The Fallen.

The solution to this, is a simple one. ADD A SLAGGIN PRACTICE MODE! Damn near every fighting game has a practice mode.

In practice mode, players should be able to use any bot they want that they've unlocked. And pit them against any bot of their choosing regardless of said bot being unlocked or not.

THIS MODE SHOULD BE ACCESSABLE AT ALL TIMES AND COST NO ENERGY.

Players should also be able to select the rank, PI, and add Mods to their bot as well as the enemy AI bot. Options like unlimited special energy or infinite health should be available as well.

This solves 2 issues. People not being able to use whatever bot they want now have that option. The other issue is new content. People will be able to challege themselves and find new ways to play which will take a little pressure off the devs to come up with fresh content.

The 7.0 update was a joke kabam. Remedy your folly by adding this mode.

EVERYONE LIKE THE POST, COMMENT DO WHATEVER SO KABAM SEES THIS
Tagged:

Comments

• Grimlock and tantrum can counter harm accelerator, starscream can nullify unstoppables and megatron can steal them, drift can also counter the evades, you can use kickback to get rid of the robot resource and against bots like shockwave, soundwave, blaster etc. I think there should be a practice mode except do it with the bots you have. It should only be to PRACTICE against bots that you are struggling against.

I don’t know the way i am reading, but from what i see is that you want to be able to play as whatever chatacter you want. It shouldn’t be like that. Add a practice mode to get used to the characters you already have. Every character is able to be used for what ever situation.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Sorry but this is not a fighting game (fighting game = PVP at least). Company wants to make money from your mistakes. Therefore if you can practice (without any cost) to be perfect, it's a waste of their talent.
    And I will say it again: their AI practices with us, getting stronger day by day.
  • As Killmaster said, Take your bots on wild ride to masters or expert Megatronus, or Legends of cybertron bots.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I find arenas to be a great practice session...I mean really, they don't cost much at all and you're pitted against just about every bot you can think of.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Sorry but this is not a fighting game (fighting game = PVP at least). Company wants to make money from your mistakes. Therefore if you can practice (without any cost) to be perfect, it's a waste of their talent.
    And I will say it again: their AI practices with us, getting stronger day by day.

I thought i was slipping.
    You're RIGHT, the AI is improving.
    Getting on a winning streak >20 is now pretty difficult.
    I've managed to suppress 5500PI Megatronus to 1% on a 16X win streak taking NO HITS, then he SP3s me to death.
    ONE SHOT. DEAD.
  • You have pleanty of ways practice. Arena, raids, spotlight. We don’t need a stand alone mode, we can’t even get new content out in a timely manner.
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    You have pleanty of ways practice. Arena, raids, spotlight. We don’t need a stand alone mode, we can’t even get new content out in a timely manner.

Heck, you even have RoK to practice in!
    You have pleanty of ways practice. Arena, raids, spotlight. We don’t need a stand alone mode, we can’t even get new content out in a timely manner.

As mentioned in another thread, practice mode would be GREAT if:
    They gave us a FULL ROSTER of bots.
    Heck, it would even help non-pay players decide if the Spotlight Bot is worth the marital problems they tend to cause.
    Kinda a TEST DRIVE.
  • Sycko5 wrote: »

Heck, you even have RoK to practice in!

RoK does not suffice. You take a 5 hit combo from Mixmaster or one special and you die. If you're a lower level player then forget it. There needs to be a mode where there is no stakes involved at all
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    I find arenas to be a great practice session...I mean really, they don't cost much at all and you're pitted against just about every bot you can think of.

Arena doesn't suffice because your bots are on a 3 hour cooldown after you use them once. And i dont have control over what bot im pitted against. I cant just select to fight against G1 whenever i see fit
  • Grimlock and tantrum can counter harm accelerator, starscream can nullify unstoppables and megatron can steal them, drift can also counter the evades, you can use kickback to get rid of the robot resource and against bots like shockwave, soundwave, blaster etc. I think there should be a practice mode except do it with the bots you have. It should only be to PRACTICE against bots that you are struggling against.

I don’t know the way i am reading, but from what i see is that you want to be able to play as whatever chatacter you want. It shouldn’t be like that. Add a practice mode to get used to the characters you already have. Every character is able to be used for what ever situation.

Let me ask you something. Why shouldn't I be able to use whatever bot I please? Where's the logic behind your statement. You ever hear of a Game called Destiny? One problem that game had was that bungie couldn't balence the game for jack and there were always a select few guns that would just dominate the Pvp and PvE scene. Players didn't like this cause they were being FORCED to use guns they didnt want to use and the game got stale. It's the same issue here. In higher level content, like ROK, AND AM you should only be using the best but as of right now, if you're a player like me, whose past lvl 50, you have no choice but play Higher level content all the time because, the enemy AI just dies way to quickly on easy, medium, and hard. There are no modes that a low stakes where you can just have fun and use bots you want to.

You also repeated what I said earler. You said you should only be allowed to practice wity bots you have and only against bots you are strughling against. I said that in my original post. Either you didn't read it properly or you just want to say something for the sake of saying something.

Ive said this many times but i will repeat myself. ROK and Arena do not suffice as ways to practice because the PI on RoK bots are too high. You get hit once because of a mistake or lag you're finished. On top of that, bots need to be at a certain level otherwise you die in a few hits.

Arena doesn't suffice because you cant pick whatever bot you go up against, and you cant adjust the difficulty manually.
  • If you're gonna make a comment on my post explaining why a practice mode isnt needed, then you damn well better thourghly explain why, because i fail to see why it isn't needed. ROK and Arena do not suffice as proper ways to practice because of things like cooldowns, unable to manually choose difficulties etc. I've already explained this in replies to other people. RoK isn't enough either as the PI of those bots are too high, it costs energy, same problems as arena.

A lot of people want new content well here's a temporary solution to this. While Kabam is coming up with new modes and content, we can entertain ourselves in practice mode. Play the way you want to play, come up with your own challenges, there's infinite replayablility.

• Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Ummmm
    pwbrqpfbfywm.gif
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    I was thinking that the game needs practice mode couple of months ago, when I've started playing it. Actually it doesn't. Like the people above have said, you have ROK, you have Arena and you have raids. More than enough to test EVERY single bots.

Arena is perfect for me, and that being said by a guy that have played 16000 arena fights in 5 months. Believe me, no matter the cooldown time, you have enough time to practice with every bot, and the good thing is that you have to take down harder bots and you don't have class advantage, further you can get in situation where you're in class disadvantage and your choice of 3vs3 makes you know better bots weak and strong parts. For instance when I know that the opponent bot is good on long distance fights I fight him with someone that does the best closed range damage and keep the fight close.

The game needs ACT4, the game need some new content. The game mostly needs optimization and bug fixing, because it's simply impossible to thing that 3GB of ram are not enough for a device to have the game running, while you take a sudden call, and when you end it, the game have been closed by the ram manager.

So listen to me, don't read that "this bot s***", cause someone said so. Use him in arena, find his weak and strong points against different bots, that's all the practice you need.

And the idea of training with the bots that you don't actually own takes away of the joy of actually obtaining them and trying to understand his proper way of tactic fight.

Just my 2 cents.
  • @Jay32 I don't know what you're trying to say by posting that gif
  • ktomov wrote: »
    I was thinking that the game needs practice mode couple of months ago, when I've started playing it. Actually it doesn't. Like the people above have said, you have ROK, you have Arena and you have raids. More than enough to test EVERY single bots.

Arena is perfect for me, and that being said by a guy that have played 16000 arena fights in 5 months. Believe me, no matter the cooldown time, you have enough time to practice with every bot, and the good thing is that you have to take down harder bots and you don't have class advantage, further you can get in situation where you're in class disadvantage and your choice of 3vs3 makes you know better bots weak and strong parts. For instance when I know that the opponent bot is good on long distance fights I fight him with someone that does the best closed range damage and keep the fight close.

The game needs ACT4, the game need some new content. The game mostly needs optimization and bug fixing, because it's simply impossible to thing that 3GB of ram are not enough for a device to have the game running, while you take a sudden call, and when you end it, the game have been closed by the ram manager.

So listen to me, don't read that "this bot s***", cause someone said so. Use him in arena, find his weak and strong points against different bots, that's all the practice you need.

And the idea of training with the bots that you don't actually own takes away of the joy of actually obtaining them and trying to understand his proper way of tactic fight.

Just my 2 cents.

You're comment is redundant. I already explained why Arena and RoK do not suffuce. I already explained how Practice mode is a temporary (Key word TEMPORARY) fix to the conent problem, I never said the game doesn't need bug fixing, and I said you should only be allowed to use bots you own and fight against bots you don't own. You fail to give me reason enough that practice mode isn't warrented. You just like a few others failed to read the post properly or just want to dissmiss my idea just for the sake of doing so. There isn't any real reason why this couldn't be a good adittion to the game. You act as if adding this mode will take away things that are already in the game. It won't therefore, the reasons you gave are null in void
    edited October 2018
    Listen dude, I know that this is the internet and all, but that doesn't give you the right to say that someone's OPINION is redundant, simply because that OPINION is not in the same line as yours. I've trained more than enough in the Arena, which by your words do not suffice, but for me it does.

There's a good reason why this, okay probably a good idea for some of the new people that will join the game, should be at the bottom of the "to do" list. BUGS that have flawed the game. We need a content. Actual content that rewards you for playing it. Not some practice sessions that gives nothing.

I guess you haven't got anything in common with development, but I'm working as php developer myself, and believe me or not, some things maybe look easy to do, take time. And we have far more urgent things to cry about. E.g. the crashes, the evergrowing use of ram, the lack of new content and so on.

I've given you above the reason why the pracrice mode isn't warrented, but you simply fail to comprehend and understand that your idea is not the brightest thing around. My reasons is that we have far more important issues that needs to be fixed and new content to be added, but you act like 10 years old that fails to understand other's people reasons behind their words, believing that his own opinion is the only truth.
    Listen dude, I know that this is the internet and all, but that doesn't give you the right to say that someone's OPINION is redundant, simply because that OPINION is not in the same line as yours. I've trained more than enough in the Arena, which by your words do not suffice, but for me it does.

There's a good reason why this, okay probably a good idea for some of the new people that will join the game, should be at the bottom of the "to do" list. BUGS that have flawed the game. We need a content. Actual content that rewards you for playing it. Not some practice sessions that gives nothing.

I guess you haven't got anything in common with development, but I'm working as php developer myself, and believe me or not, some things maybe look easy to do, take time. And we have far more urgent things to cry about. E.g. the crashes, the evergrowing use of ram, the lack of new content and so on.

I've given you above the reason why the pracrice mode isn't warrented, but you simply fail to comprehend and understand that your idea is not the brightest thing around. My reasons is that we have far more important issues that needs to be fixed and new content to be added, but you act like 10 years old that fails to understand other's people reasons behind their words, believing that his own opinion is the only truth.

Like i said before, I didnt say this game didn't have other problems that dont need fixing. Your original statment implied that this mode shouldn't be added at all once things that have a higher priority have been fixed like lag (which i doubt will be fixed anytime soon since it's been over a year) and you dismissed it without even thinking about the benifits it could yield which is a bit hypocritical one your part as you called me a child for doing the same thing you did when I in fact did not. I said your comment was redundent because it was. You were essentially saying what everyone else was saying and i already gave rebuttals to those claims thus making your comment redundant. You are just repeating what others have said without adding anything new. You cant compare my actions to that of a child because I provided reasons why my idea is sound. You and others gave reasons why it isn't and I countered those reasons with reasons of of my own and you have yet to refute my counter argument. A child would dissmiss someone else's opinion without giving reasons why
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    @Jay32 I don't know what you're trying to say by posting that gif

it's a meme joke..especially if you're a basketball/nba fan
    Like i said before, I didnt say this game didn't have other problems that dont need fixing. Your original statment implied that this mode shouldn't be added at all once things that have a higher priority have been fixed like lag (which i doubt will be fixed anytime soon since it's been over a year) and you dismissed it without even thinking about the benifits it could yield which is a bit hypocritical one your part as you called me a child for doing the same thing you did when I in fact did not. I said your comment was redundent because it was. You were essentially saying what everyone else was saying and i already gave rebuttals to those claims thus making your comment redundant. You are just repeating what others have said without adding anything new. You cant compare my actions to that of a child because I provided reasons why my idea is sound. You and others gave reasons why it isn't and I countered those reasons with reasons of of my own and you have yet to refute my counter argument. A child would dissmiss someone else's opinion without giving reasons why

I can compare your actions to that of a child, because you simply fail to comprehend that this is unneeded and will probably be used by a little less than 1% of the players, simply because we have other options to test ourselves and our bots. Go do 240 arena fights every day and you'll soon understand how boring that gets, also how good you've become by basically by figuring out every bot on every possible strength. But you ain't doing that, right? Why? You don't have 80 bots to run them in full cycle 3 times a day? Oh practice without any rewards will be so used feature.

You're asking for a feature that'll probably take the developers more than weeks to write from scratch with options to chose the bots against and their points, simply because you deemed it needed. That's why all the people are explaining the same thing over and over again in different words, yet you refuse to see the lack of logic behind it.

You want something and deem everyone that counter that with - no it must be in the game, like that candy should be in my pocket. That's all.
  • 4tmh3pixpyux.jpg
    5p0ipuudcr0u.jpg
    ktomov wrote: »

I can compare your actions to that of a child, because you simply fail to comprehend that this is unneeded and will probably be used by a little less than 1% of the players, simply because we have other options to test ourselves and our bots. Go do 240 arena fights every day and you'll soon understand how boring that gets, also how good you've become by basically by figuring out every bot on every possible strength. But you ain't doing that, right? Why? You don't have 80 bots to run them in full cycle 3 times a day? Oh practice without any rewards will be so used feature.

You're asking for a feature that'll probably take the developers more than weeks to write from scratch with options to chose the bots against and their points, simply because you deemed it needed. That's why all the people are explaining the same thing over and over again in different words, yet you refuse to see the lack of logic behind it.

You want something and deem everyone that counter that with - no it must be in the game, like that candy should be in my pocket. That's all.

You can call me what you want. I care not what you think of me. Your replay further soldifies my point because you contradicted yourself. You said here that the mode is unneeded yet in your previous reply you said it would be a good idea once prorites have been taken care of and i agreed with that. You're the real child here because you still have yet to counter my counter argument and believe YOUR opionion is absolute. I'm not backing down from my stance because I provided reasons as to why i think my idea is sound. Others gave their counter arguments. I acknowledged those claims but provided further reason as to why they weren't good enough. Not once did u analyze the pros and cons of my idea and provide further reason for backing your claim. The only instance in which you attempted to do so was mentioning of bugs need to be fixed first to which i agreed and yet you still want to attack me. You say arena is good enough for YOU that's fine but it isn't enough for ME SO WHO'S The bigger hypocrite here?

Furthermore i do play arena and rok and all the other stuff and have gotten pretty decent at the game. That being said, just because a soldier can use a Pistol to take out multiple targets, doesn't mean an assault rifle wouldn't work better. And don't even think of questioning my ability as a player i have an arena streak of 30, a fairly decent bot line up, and highest combo of 200. Someone that's "bad" at the game wouldn't be able to accomplish such feat. I will provide evidence via screenshots k8y45fkjf37c.jpg
    edited October 2018
    I won't bother to reply anymore. You simply deem to think that your opinion is the only one and the only that matters. Point being, you name a thread "KABAM WE NEED A PRACTICE I", while many people disagree. That means YOU need practice mode. I don't need it. That's what I'm trying to explain from the very beginning but you fail to accept that someone have different opinion of yours. I need bug fixes, more content that actually give rewards, not something that I can actually test in arena. That goes for the people above, trying to explain that the practices could actually be done in arena and ROK where you lose nothing more than 6 energy to go to the bot.

And if you want a analyzed pros and cons, here they are:

Pros:
    + People will be able to test specific bot against specific bot
    + People will be able to adjust the difficulty, according to their wanting, eg. 3000 bot vs 5000

Cons:
    - Hundreds of development hours, instead of bug fixing and giving us actual new content
    - High probability of that hours going to waste, because all the people are already doing hundreds of arena and are bored to dead, what about doing meaningless fights with no rewards.
    - Clutter in game selection screen, because you'll have another option, which nobody besides you will even think of tapping on.

I can go on with the cons, but why should I do it? Okay the screenshot proves you're a good player, but you ain't taking part in arena, where you can test everything. Why someone should support something that will take hundreds of developers hours to be implemented, just for the sake of someone that couldn't bother of doing what is already in the game? For all the time you've been in the game, you've done as much arenas I'm doing in a month. How many "practice" games you think you're going to do? 5 a day? Is this worth to even be programmed. How's that gonna help Kabam get payed? How's that gonna help anyone, besides getting your desire satisfied? I'm done here. By the way where did I once even said that you're bad at the game or even mentioning something that could trigger you like that. Don't bother answering, it's just you trying to prove, that you're good, but you need something. Your point is "I want that" and that's it. Caps locked WE is not appropriate. Have fun.
    I won't bother to reply anymore. You simply deem to think that your opinion is the only one and the only that matters. Point being, you name a thread "KABAM WE NEED A PRACTICE I", while many people disagree. That means YOU need practice mode. I don't need it. That's what I'm trying to explain from the very beginning but you fail to accept that someone have different opinion of yours. I need bug fixes, more content that actually give rewards, not something that I can actually test in arena. That goes for the people above, trying to explain that the practices could actually be done in arena and ROK where you lose nothing more than 6 energy to go to the bot.

And if you want a analyzed pros and cons, here they are:

Pros:
    + People will be able to test specific bot against specific bot
    + People will be able to adjust the difficulty, according to their wanting, eg. 3000 bot vs 5000

Cons:
    - Hundreds of development hours, instead of bug fixing and giving us actual new content
    - High probability of that hours going to waste, because all the people are already doing hundreds of arena and are bored to dead, what about doing meaningless fights with no rewards.
    - Clutter in game selection screen, because you'll have another option, which nobody besides you will even think of tapping on.

I can go on with the cons, but why should I do it? Okay the screenshot proves you're a good player, but you ain't taking part in arena, where you can test everything. Why someone should support something that will take hundreds of developers hours to be implemented, just for the sake of someone that couldn't bother of doing what is already in the game? For all the time you've been in the game, you've done as much arenas I'm doing in a month. How many "practice" games you think you're going to do? 5 a day? Is this worth to even be programmed. How's that gonna help Kabam get payed? How's that gonna help anyone, besides getting you desire satisfied? I'm done here. Your point is "I want that" and that's it. Caps locked WE is not appropriate. Have fun.

I'm not posting this simply for myself. Several others including my alliance members agree with me that a practice mode would be great. So don't go assuming no one would use the mode when you dont know that for a fact. I dont play arena as much but that doesn't mean others dont. Im not sayimg arena should be taken out because i dont use it as much. It's the same damn thing you hypocrite.

Perhaps the title should've been a little better but by reading the post, but no where did i say bugs shouldn't be taken care of first. And you assuming that i want this mode implemented ahead of everything else means you can't comprehend what im saying (again you're
    Being a hypocrite) You keep spewing that crap when i have said multiple times we agree there.

You cannot test everything in arena. You can't pit yourself against mods like Relentless assault. You can't set the PI of bots to your chosing. Would adding more content that YOU want not clutter up the screen?

How does this help anyone? I HAVE SAID IT MULTIPLE TIMES and but YOU fail to comprehend what I said. This helps the players. If you're a low level player, that for the life of him can't get the resources to upgrade a bot because of RNG, and you are stuck on a mission. You can use the mode to simulate the mission environment and find a way to deal with it without have to spend a countless amout of resources on revives etc no no avail.

You mentioning how kabam is gonna get paid is of no concern to the consumer. It's irrelevant since they make plenty of money off the whales.

Not only did you not provide a reason to which i cannot rebuttal but you also proved how much of a massive hypocrite you are.

Should you chose not to reply like you said, enjoy the rest of your existence as a hypocrite good day
    edited October 2018
    So having opinion different than yours classifies me as hypocrite, yet you're posting the same thread in 3 months time as the one before on the same subject.In other words, people that don't agree with you are hypocrites, no matter what reasons they have and what they're backing of. Stop making fun of yourself man. Calling people names on the internet, because they don't agree with you, won't make your point being more valuable.
    So having opinion different than yours classifies me as hypocrite, yet you're posting the same thread in 3 months time as the one before on the same subject.In other words, people that don't agree with you are hypocrites, no matter what reasons they have and what they're backing of. Stop making fun of yourself man. Calling people names on the internet, because they don't agree with you, won't make your point being more valuable.

No you were criticising me for doing the same that you're doing. You say i want the mode added because i say it should be added when YOU don't want the mode added because YOU say YOU dont want it added. Evey claim you made against it i have rebuttaled. It's the same damn thing. Notice how the only one I've labeled a hypocrite is you because that's what you're doing. I didn't say that to anyone else that has dissagreed with me so don't try to paint a false narrative.

You digging into my post history is an indication that you have nothing more to back up your claim with as you want to bring up the past.

I'm making the same post again because maybe this time it'll get more traffic.

Just because you don't get the desired result the first time, that doesn't mean you should stop.

MLK didn't get slavery abolished in his first protest but he kept trying.

And i thought you weren't going to reply again? What happened? Be gone from my thread if it bother's you so much that I refuse to side with someone that fails to yield sufficient evidence to disprove me.
    C'mon guys.
    No need to get the knickers in a twist.
    Some are FOR, some are AGAINST.
    ME?
    I like being able to test ALL characters, it whets the appetite.
    Then work my way towards getting my faves PERMANENTLY.
    It's like if you could ONLY use RYU in Street Fighter, and had to beat the game multiple times just to get any other character, only to discover that Balrog sucked.
  • AH HA HA HA HA OH for primus sake did this guy really flag my comment? For what? No derogatory terms were used and no violations to forum rules have been made. That's just petty and sad. I countered every one of your points with logic and reason case and point. And if it wasn't the same guy, then same logic applies you spawn of a glitch. How pathetic some humans can be is astounding.
    If "this guy" is referred to me, I would like to say, that I haven't flagged you. That proves your missusage of hypocrite here and there. You've thrown some pretty good adjectives though. Classy. If you can't prove a point, attack and insult them. That'll work out well.
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Inb4 close
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited October 2018
    @ktomov
    @Charleshot25
    Just agree to disagree and move on. If you don't like someone or if you disagree with them, the worst thing you can do is stay and argue with them. I apologize for getting into the middle of "this", but it's best to leave an argument and not waist precious time on an argument that isn't helping the game.