Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Best Bots Against The Odds: Tech

Which tech bot is the best to have when you're at a class disadvantage?

Best Bots Against The Odds: Tech 27 votes

Blaster
3%
PhatBoy123 1 vote
Mirage
0%
Ratchet
3%
KillMasterC 1 vote
Rhinox
25%
Joker69SparkShredderBodyopus79DatedWizard4CeltScarredArachnid333Funkie_Yoyo 7 votes
Shockwave
29%
French_BakerhoolienweeAnakinPrimeBlack_ThoughtUrAverageMalakaktomovsinatraGarGoyll 8 votes
Soundwave
3%
Kitten 1 vote
Wheeljack
33%
BotSanicSuperiorSoundwaveTracked_SignalBlackRazakPeasDrazySlayerOptimalOptimus_MV1DeadMemeBoi 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    So I decided to put a series of polls out with a bit of a thought exercise. If you're caught in a situation where you have to use a bot from a certain class while at a disadvantage, which bot would you want to take with you?

I thought this might encourage some interesting discussion, and get people thinking not just about how bots perform in ideal situations, but what tricks they have up their sleeve when the odds are stacked against them.

I'll be doing one per day, following the class wheel - apologies for putting this one out late! If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or improvements, let me know!
  • Options
    UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited October 2018
    Shockwave
    This guy is so good against scouts (except kickback) i even use him in raids against prowl when he is on robot resource
  • Options
    Rhinox
    Rhinox, pretty easy choice, his Power Lock isn't affected by Cheetor Power Drain resistance. .
    Rhino is a bot which hold situation against ANY bot, even Geewun Bee if played carefully.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Wheeljack
    Though cumbersome and not a deliverer of BIG damage,
    Wheeljerk really is a pain.
    I use him (4* R4) to tackle a 5* R3 or 4* R5 the fallen or R5 Prowl like ALL THE TIME, with his annoying Force Field.
    Too bad about his lame SP2 & 3.
    Patience is paramount, just like with Cyclonus.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Ratchet
    Other than Cheetor's sig or sp1, no scout can prevent Ratchet from healing.
  • Options
    Rhinox
    I would've said Shockwave, but Kickback, Barricade, and Cheetor exist. Kickback doesn't have Energy based Ranged attacks, so Shockwave can't generate Shock Charges outside of Specials. Shockwave can accidently absorb Barricade's Backfire. Last but not least, Cheetor isn't effected by Power Drain and he's a great Bot that specializes against Ranged Attacks. That's why I didn't vote Shockwave (I'm sorry Shockwave fans, please forgive me).

Rhinox, on the other hand, is a very unique Tech. Unlike most Techs, he can specialize in Melee Attacks and Ranged. Melee Attacks aren't really the Tech class''s strongsuit, but Rhinox can do some pretty good Melee Damage when the Opponent is Bleeding. His Shields can prevent lots of Damage and his Power Lock works though Cheetor's Passive. Rhinox is a pretty expendable Bot. Just be careful around Bumbles.
  • Options
    Rhinox
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Though cumbersome and not a deliverer of BIG damage,
    Wheeljerk really is a pain.
    I use him (4* R4) to tackle a 5* R3 or 4* R5 the fallen or R5 Prowl like ALL THE TIME, with his annoying Force Field.
    Too bad about his lame SP2 & 3.
    Patience is paramount, just like with Cyclonus.

Uhhh.. Are you talking about the same game? His sp2 does decent damage compared to most other techies, that I've noticed, sp 3 heals me nearly every time I use it, and with the nanotech mastery he is basically invincible against any bot that doesn't have dot for 40 seconds or so.
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Wheeljack
    Wheeljack for the win , because Sp3 repair and when he's on steriods lol ( nano repair) and also if cheetor is immune to power drain and kickback is shock immune then with Wheeljacks Defensive upgrade will provide us enough stuns to keep those fierce Scouts on hold .