Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Which bot should I use for expert megatronus?

OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Which tech should I use?

Which bot should I use for expert megatronus? 26 votes

Wheeljack (unduped)
19%
French_BakerMknellTracked_SignalAdamojk咩嘎Megatron 5 votes
Rhinox(unduped)
34%
Joker69Booster_BlueSparkShredderBobnfloyd1121893TechnobotFunkie_YoyoRuinousPowerRoger_Raccoon 9 votes
Shockwave (duped)
26%
FulMetalGrimlokNick_80DrazyUrAverageMalakaktomovVanjieHijacker2531 7 votes
Mirage (unduped)
15%
Black_ThoughtCeltDeadMemeBoiKitten 4 votes
Soundwave (duped)
0%
Ratchet(duped)
3%
sinatra 1 vote

Comments

• ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited October 2018
    Shockwave (duped)
    Bare in mind that there are 2 bots. First demolition, on which you'll have the class advantage. The second one is without class, like for instance the S-1000 sharkticon, so for your second fight, you don't need Tech bot.

The first one I've took out with Shockwave and Megatronus both on r4. And the ultimate Megatronus was easy with r5 4* Galvatron and r4 Prowl to finish him up.

Not sure if my bots are getting stronger, I'm getting better, or this month's spotlight was the easiest I've taken part so far.

P.S. I'm yet to get to him on master, so probably that line up will be changed.
  • Master is a totally different ball game due to that bloody burn in melee range combined with his base damage. I strolled expert Megatronus without losing anyone but struggled badly against the second master one. He’s worse than anything in rok. Definitely hit my limit in the game against him, took all my energon on revives.

That said, shockwave still done the best. Controlling his power is the key, and no one does it better if you play aggressive with him. Win the power race and spam sp1 as much as possible, cos it’s a long, long fight your in for in master. In comparison to expert, tour going to want to save a ton of energon for revives unless your a godlike ninja with his specials.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited October 2018
    Shockwave is very good but I never get a shock off because his ranged attacks are unlockable and he power steals me a lot. So how would shockwave work? Or am I playing him wrong?
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    Shockwave (duped)
    Shockwave is very good but I never get a shock off because his ranged attacks are unlockable and he power steals me a lot. So how would shockwave work? Or am I playing him wrong?

You don't power up your shocks like you will normally do on Demo bots. You have to jump all around, sidestepping every attack you can and SP1 him to keep him under control. Bite his sp and sidestep. Both SP1 and SP2 could be easily dodged. Heavy, sidestep, sidestep, heavy, heavy, and then jump until you're either in position to fire SP1 or he's in position to kick SP1 and dodge it.
  • ktomov wrote: »

You don't power up your shocks like you will normally do on Demo bots. You have to jump all around, sidestepping every attack you can and SP1 him to keep him under control. Bite his sp and sidestep. Both SP1 and SP2 could be easily dodged. Heavy, sidestep, sidestep, heavy, heavy, and then jump until you're either in position to fire SP1 or he's in position to kick SP1 and dodge it.

But every time I try to sidestep and avoid, he keeps tagging me. And a lot of times I try to attack melee, he keeps dodging.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Rhinox(unduped)
    In order of which I would use... Rhinox, Shockwave, Mirage, Jacky, Soundwave, Tech Sharkticon (yeah, you heard me), & Ratchet. Ratchet will only heal The Fallen up & is pretty much useless against him. Rhinox ultimately beat Megatronus in my 1st Battle. If Jacky was duped, I might consider him as a second option.
  • Seb1976Seb1976 Posts: 77
    edited October 2018
    I cleared Expert easily with a team consisting of R4 Shockwave, Wheeljack, Cyclonus, Grimlock and Megatronus (all duped) and used very little Energon in the process
  • Seb1976 wrote: »
    I cleared Expert easily with a team consisting of Shockwave, Wheeljack, Cyclonus, Grimlock and Megatronus (all duped) and used very little Energon in the process

Well I don't have a Grimlock or duped wheeljack or duped megatronus or
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    But every time I try to sidestep and avoid, he keeps tagging me. And a lot of times I try to attack melee, he keeps dodging.
    Megatronus is like a lot of bosses who are equipped with some "late dash-in" AI. If you practice a lot with Cheetor the AM mini boss you'll get used to it: even if you anticipate his "double tap - dash" pattern, don't react too early. Wait for the last moment of the first bullet and sidestep. Otherwise AI cheats by adjusting his lane mid-dash.

And he has another AI called "no punish after 5 combo", meaning he will backstep or block after landing a 5 combo on you (while normal AI will leave an gracious opening every time). So if you are comboed, try a heavy instead.

• But every time I try to sidestep and avoid, he keeps tagging me. And a lot of times I try to attack melee, he keeps dodging.
    Megatronus is like a lot of bosses who are equipped with some "late dash-in" AI. If you practice a lot with Cheetor the AM mini boss you'll get used to it: even if you anticipate his "double tap - dash" pattern, don't react too early. Wait for the last moment of the first bullet and sidestep. Otherwise AI cheats by adjusting his lane mid-dash.

And he has another AI called "no punish after 5 combo", meaning he will backstep or block after landing a 5 combo on you (while normal AI will leave an gracious opening every time). So if you are comboed, try a heavy instead.
    okay but whenever i heavy, he avoids then counterattacks. very irritating
  • That said. I think rhinox or WheelJack or shockwave would do well. Hmm
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I used my Wheeljack to easily kill the 1st Megatronus and give a good damage to the 2nd Megatronus (but my Jack is duplicated )