Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Hounds Needed buffs

Hound doesn't deserve to suck so bad. How is he so BAD in Forged To Fight while he is a beast in AOE AND TLK? His burn damage is so low I could just feel sorry. And his damage output isn't good.

Comments

• Options
    OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited October 2018
    He has been so bad for way too many months. So,
    I think he needs a burn buff. Special 3 burn should do 110+% and bleed should do 90+ percent. And inferno should do 45-60 % of damage over 3-4 seconds. Buff his melee attack a bit and he would be a pretty good warrior.
  • Options
    I know it might be asking a bit much, but if they changed some of his combo animation to include the ‘ranged melee’ thing they’re fond of, giving more of his combo a chance to burn while under Crit resist debuff, he could work well. One hit out of the combo that can deal burn isn’t enough, your lucky if you can squeeze a second combo in before the debuff expires. 3 out of 5 hits that can burn seems reasonable to me, given that not every heavy is guaranteed to inflict Crit resist debuff.

He does need a buff badly, but that would be a good start. If they decide against increasing his base attack, why not let him deal more burns? The guy is meant to be a walking gun cabinet after all.
  • Options
    I know it might be asking a bit much, but if they changed some of his combo animation to include the ‘ranged melee’ thing they’re fond of, giving more of his combo a chance to burn while under Crit resist debuff, he could work well. One hit out of the combo that can deal burn isn’t enough, your lucky if you can squeeze a second combo in before the debuff expires. 3 out of 5 hits that can burn seems reasonable to me, given that not every heavy is guaranteed to inflict Crit resist debuff.

He does need a buff badly, but that would be a good start. If they decide against increasing his base attack, why not let him deal more burns? The guy is meant to be a walking gun cabinet after all.

Yes but the fact his burns deal so low damage it is sad. He should get a lot of burns and the burns should be way stronger
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Definitely needs a huge buff
  • Options
    He’s one of many that are overdue for a buff.
  • Options
    I'm definitely not arguing against Hound receiving a buff, but I still get the impression people are unaware of where the damage comes from with Hound. Everyone complains about his burns being low damage, but the raw damage output isn't really the point (even though a few burn stacks can really grind an opponent down over time). They're a facilitator for greater damage, akin to Rhinox's bleeds buffing melee damage. When Hound deals critical hits to burning enemies he gets a 50% boost to critical damage - that's a 50% critical damage boost for 10 seconds every time you get a burn stack from a ranged attack, 15 seconds from SP1. Work that in with the crit resist debuffs from heavies and SP3, and there's enormous damage potential. If Hound suddenly gets crazy Ironhide style burns he could quickly become an overpowered bot, as hard as that may be for people to believe.

Rather than giving him a major overhaul, I think he just needs a few things here and there to toughen him up a little. Buff his base armour a little to make him feel like the big ol' lump of metal he is. Give him a 20% armour buff from heavy attacks instead of 10%. Give him an evade ranged chance when he rolls away from a ranged attack. That way, he'd occupy an interesting middle ground between the toughness of Bludgeon and the agility of Arcee, without stepping too heavily into either of their niches.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    he’s a michael bay abomination so i couldn’t care less
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Nightgaunt wrote: »
    I'm definitely not arguing against Hound receiving a buff, but I still get the impression people are unaware of where the damage comes from with Hound. Everyone complains about his burns being low damage, but the raw damage output isn't really the point (even though a few burn stacks can really grind an opponent down over time). They're a facilitator for greater damage, akin to Rhinox's bleeds buffing melee damage. When Hound deals critical hits to burning enemies he gets a 50% boost to critical damage - that's a 50% critical damage boost for 10 seconds every time you get a burn stack from a ranged attack, 15 seconds from SP1. Work that in with the crit resist debuffs from heavies and SP3, and there's enormous damage potential. If Hound suddenly gets crazy Ironhide style burns he could quickly become an overpowered bot, as hard as that may be for people to believe.

Rather than giving him a major overhaul, I think he just needs a few things here and there to toughen him up a little. Buff his base armour a little to make him feel like the big ol' lump of metal he is. Give him a 20% armour buff from heavy attacks instead of 10%. Give him an evade ranged chance when he rolls away from a ranged attack. That way, he'd occupy an interesting middle ground between the toughness of Bludgeon and the agility of Arcee, without stepping too heavily into either of their niches.

Finally someone who gets it.

His ranged attacks deal melee level damage or more... His basic ranged can hit with the force of a ranged heavy attack from some bots, especially when coupled with sniper mastery.
  • Options
    I’m not disputing that he does good damage, in the hands of a SKILLED player who knows exactly how to use him. He certainly isn’t plug and play. It is hard to adjust to, especially for a newer or less experienced player. My only gripe with him is his melee really, and that only one of his hits has a chance to burn. Even 2 out of 5 hits in a combo with a chance to burn would be fine by me, although 3 of 5 that have a chance to burn would defo give him some more oomph. Either the Crit resist debuff chance % needs increased, considering it’s not really reliable, or he needs more chance to burn them when it is under. Can’t play a full match using mostly ranged, will be there all day and not worth it. He needs to be able to mix it up a bit.

I get that it looked good at the time from Kabam’s view, but us players need a bit more from him to give us a reason to actually use him over other options.

Bludgeon and arcee were mentioned. Bludgeon is a great example of a reliable, versatile bot. Chance to stun on ranged heavy, armour buff, strong bleeds. Arcee might have the bleeds from ranged but still has the increased Crit Rate to fall back on. Hound doesn’t have this backup option. It’s like his damage output is restricted by how much you have to play the ranged game
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Nightgaunt wrote: »

I disagree on the major overhaul disagreement. He DESPERATELY needs it and the burns absolutely need to be improved. Armor I agree a bit on. But, the burns should do way more damage. And melee damaged buffed a bit
  • Options
    Kitten wrote: »
    he’s a michael bay abomination so i couldn’t care less

In your perspective so quit with the negativity. Hound isn't an abomination at all but he is such a cool character in the movies