Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Tronus or IH to R5

VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Having trouble deciding which to take to R5 first. I was saving my yellow T3C for Ironhide to complete my G1 team but Fallen is a tough bot. I just don't have a R5 team for Fallen. Ironhide will join OG, Blud, Jazz, WJ and Grim. I can also R5 Rat but saving the T3C right now. If I do Tronus, I can get a jump start with 3k essence.

Tronus or IH to R5 31 votes

Ironhide (unduped)
6%
French_BakerPyrusPrime 2 votes
The Fallen (will be duped after the bot event)
93%
BigbowlrJoker69KillMasterCGochaBRONick_80Booster_BlueGojuanesDaveJLBobnfloydRoachboyLegacy123Tracked_SignalBlack_ThoughtCONTRAMr_WonderfulAvacalhator_1PeasDrazyrylitr5ewqldny90 29 votes

Comments

• PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    edited October 2018
    Ironhide (unduped)
    I would say ironhide if your going to use him on your team as personally I am not fond of Megatronus energy power gain, but if your using him for base defences r5 him if you can pair him with a robot resource mod. Ice found he makes you base a pain. Myself I've seen many folks quit after the 1st fight with him and there bot is either dead or nearly dead.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    no. do not betray me like this.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited October 2018
    PyrusPrime wrote: »
    I would say ironhide if your going to use him on your team as personally I am not fond of Megatronus energy power gain, but if your using him for base defences r5 him if you can pair him with a robot resource mod. Ice found he makes you base a pain. Myself I've seen many folks quit after the 1st fight with him and there bot is either dead or nearly dead.

I think you're focusing on the wrong ability for Tronus..Like how people focus on Blaster's interference when Boombox real ability is building up the amp charges. Tronus's is a bruiser..and the main thing is knowing how to switch the relics with your sp. The power gain is the by product that helps you switch the relics faster.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited October 2018
    How interesting that you brought this poll question up, Voltron, because I am facing the exact same situation. My plan is to upgrade Megatronus to r5 (I am currently < 100 chips away from a 4* dupe). Both my IH & Fallen are currently r3, & I will need a lot of gold & a T2 Alpha Spark to complete regardless. So I won’t complete the upgrade immediately. Still, Megatronus’ abilities are worth choosing over Ironhide.
    edited October 2018
    Just an update for you, Voltron. I did dupe my 4* Megatronus plus I added 5 Demo Signature Upgrades to Megatronus. Here is a comparison between a Level 10 Signature Megatronus w/ Forge Level 0 vs a Level 25 Signature Ironhide w/ Forge Level 31... both bots are maxed R3... even though Ironhide has higher Sig & Forge, Megatronus still has more health & attack energy. nnxdducq6iw1.png
  • The Fallen (will be duped after the bot event)
    Tron > IH. Tron has so many tools, guaranteed dark burn, potential life/power steal. IH is literally a one trick pony with good heavy burns.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    You can’t go wrong either way with these two, both are at the top of their class. I would choose Megatronus simply because he fits with my team better than ironhide, but either way they are worthy of a t3 spark.
    Just came across a r5 mega on robot resource, and he’s some defender. Gains sp1 by the time he finished his sp3 and the power gain is ridiculous. He’s worth it for base defence alone.

And I was skeptical of taking him to r5.... not anymore. I know who my t3 demo is going on
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Technobot wrote: »
    Just an update for you, Voltron. I did dupe my 4* Megatronus plus I added 5 Demo Signature Upgrades to Megatronus. Here is a comparison between a Level 10 Signature Megatronus w/ Forge Level 0 vs a Level 25 Signature Ironhide w/ Forge Level 31... both bots are maxed R3... even though Ironhide has higher Sig & Forge, Megatronus still has more health & attack energy. nnxdducq6iw1.png

Thanks!
    Just came across a r5 mega on robot resource, and he’s some defender. Gains sp1 by the time he finished his sp3 and the power gain is ridiculous. He’s worth it for base defence alone.

And I was skeptical of taking him to r5.... not anymore. I know who my t3 demo is going on

I will admit I Paired my Megatronus w/ RR (I also have the Prime Module, FYI), & put him as my last line of base defense.

bkpe1bs22wup.png

So far, two raids, two successful defenses... and I’ve made a whole lot of new enemies in the FTF community.
    Technobot wrote: »

I will admit I Paired my Megatronus w/ RR (I also have the Prime Module, FYI), & put him as my last line of base defense.

bkpe1bs22wup.png

So far, two raids, two successful defenses... and I’ve made a whole lot of new enemies in the FTF community.

Yep folks will hate us for it, but it’s entertaining to know he at least puts up a good fight in defence. Can’t really say there’s a solid counter to it, Rhinox has a cool down for his power lock and it just runs up too fast for windblade sp1 to efficiently suppress it. Even shockwave might have trouble keeping it down, although I’m yet to try that myself, don’t bring shocker on raids.