Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What is the Proper way to Forge?

Could someone take the time and explain to me the absolute proper way to forge? For example I'm wondering, Say I have a 4 star Prime that I want to Rank to forge level 100. Do I Use only 3 stars that have been Maxed out or should the 3 star bots be Maxed out and Max Sig ability? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    forge all your bots into galvatron
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    For the maximum value-
    Max out everything on the bot you want to forge away minus that bots forge level (level, rank, signature).

Anything less will result in less forge points, how much your willing to stray away from this is dependent on how much forge exp your willing to lose out on.
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    So if I’m understanding you correctly
    Example 3star bots should be Max level, Max sig (don’t have to worry about max forge level of 3 star) because he is getting forged into the 4star correct?
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    there's no one true way....you just do what best for you at the time. It's all about how fast and how many bots. As Kenny pointed out..the more "max" the fodder bot, the more forge points you will get toward hitting the forge 100 vs forge a non leveled bot. Players do this because it takes less bots to hit the forge 100. The downside, is the time it takes to max level, max sig the fodder bot. Wither you max out your fodder bot, or just forge fodders...the end game is the same.

Couple things to note:

Forge points is based on the fodder bot's level and sig
    Supposedly the fodder bot's forge level transfers into the upgraded bot (so no point in maxing and takes too much time)
    Shard crystals is based on the fodder bot's sig level
    Forging the bots in the same class will give you extra forge points
    Forging the same bots (one class lower) will give you extra forge points..and the first time will unlock the forge 100

• What is the proper way of forging into a 5 star bot
  • I haven't messed with forging 4* bots into 5*, so I don't have any data on that. Here's some general info though.

Each bot you forge will give you a set amount of forge exp that's the sum of the following:

A base amount based on * rating
    A sig level bonus
    A rank/level bonus
    All accumulated forge exp

As noted previously, you'll get a bonus if forging into either the same bot or the same class of bot.

One of the key points here is that the sig level bonus is just a static number multiplied by the sig level, and they're scaled such that every 5 sig levels gives you nearly the same amount of forge exp as the bot's base value. E.g., a freshly obtained 3* bot gives 1132 forge exp. The 3* sig bonus is 220 exp per sig level. So obtaining a bot 21 times to get sig level 100 before forging would give 23,132 exp, while obtaining and immediately forging that bot 21 times would give 23,772 exp. In the grand scheme of things, it's slightly more efficient to forge each bot as you get them, but not enough to worry about.

The rank/level bonus is the one that's worth spending some time to consider. It's where you can get the most forge exp, but requires you to spend resources. Purely from the standpoint of how much gold you have to spend for each point of forge exp, the best bang for your buck is leveling a 1* bot to 1/10, at roughly 24 gold per forge exp. That obviously won't get you very far, so the next best option is leveling 3* bots to 4/40 at about 37 gold per forge exp. In general, ranking up a bot is very inefficient, but leveling a bot is so efficent that ranking it up to open up more room for leveling is worthwhile. I.e. never forge bots at level 1 (unless it's 1/1 and you don't want to do any leveling), always max their levels for whatever rank you're willing to spend the sparks for. If you're not willing to take 3* bots all the way to R4, leveling 2* bots is slightly more efficient than 3* bots to the same rank & level, albeit requiring a lot more bots for the same amount of forge exp.

The last point is just pointing out that any forge exp you've gained on a bot about to be forged is never wasted. It just gets carried forward. I've never tested if this exp also gets the bonus for forging into the same bot or class, but I assume it doesn't.

One last note is that sharks have a different curve than other bots. It's much more effective and efficient to level sharks as forge fodder than other bots. The recommendation to fully level them before forging gets much stronger for sharks.
  • Only forge 2*s and 3*s
  • Won't that like take forever