Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Message to the community, and Kabam

Hello everyone, I'm not here to do a second quitting message and/or video for those who watched it.
No, I'm here to talk about Transformers, to talk about a game that I love, and so, to talk about the Transformers game that ( I think, or hope at least ) we all love.

Let me get straight to this, no tl;dr at the end. This message is coming from the bottom of my heart, I really mean it, and so, I hope that you all, will read it entirely.

The first thing I wanna talk about, is that vicious circle ( and probably the most dangerous thing ) that we, as players, are doing right now. It is the " secret " : " They nerfed Megatronus Chip without any warning, and so I'm screwed, so I'll never pay again "
If you think like this, of course the game will die, but is it really what you want ? Let's just do it the logical way.
You don't pay anymore >> No more income into the game >> Less content >> People less Happier >> Yes, it's the same as the beginning, no more buyers, and the circles goes on.

For the people who followed their words since the beginning of the circle, good for you, you stick to your thoughts, but what you don't know is that, that second pass of " I will not pay anymore " is touching the people who either : Didn't follow their words during that first process of that circle, or either just didn't entered at all. They had some " faith " in the game, in the Developpers, or even maybe in Kabam. And so on, inches by inches, the majority of the population is rooted into this vicious circle.
The point is, at the end, it's actually the end of the game, but not entirely because of Kabam's fault, but also ours. WE, as players, are actually killing the game. And before I continue with Kabam's fault, I need to explain to you, all the harm ( accelerator ) we are doing to the game that we are loving, playing, enjoying everyday. I mean, at the end of the day, if we are still playing it, it's probably because it's a game that we like ? For real, where did you see a Transformers game like that ? Nowhere. That's why we need to take care of this game while it's still possible.
We need to face together this outcome, and change it.

I'm not saying that we need to pay for the rest of our lives, and hoping for a " revival " of the game one day, and continue like that for 2-3 or more years. No.
What I'm asking, is that, we need to think rationally.
I bet that roughly 25% of the population ( or even more ) have swore to quit the game if there is nothing new or " worthy of staying " after the release of Bee movie.
Now if you think of it like that :
How do you expect " something new " if no ones pays and so, gives some revenue to the game TWO month before it officialy release ? I know that the content isn't going to get produced in 2 month only. But those 2 month of " boycott " can cost sooo much to the game in term of developement, I don't think you can't imagine.

This seems " weird " for some of you, logical for the others, but it's the truth, and the reality that we all are facing right now with this boycott.

Now, I'll come to the points that all the players are " angry " with.
The famous decrease of chip ( without warning ).
So let's get honest here, I'm also disappointed too with this ( just the warning point ).
The decrease chip is a " normal " patch, whatever you all think about it or just don't approve it. It had to come one day, I know it's actually the " only possible " way to get a 5*, but hey, it's Megatronus guys, you really thought that 2k-2.5k energon and 400 raid would get you a free ticket to his 5* version ? I wouldn't be saying this if this was another bot, Kickback, tantrum or whatever. But now, we are talking about Megatronus, and so, if 70% of the people could get it so " " " easily " " ", guys, it would be a mess to balance. Trust me, this balance is necessaray for the health game. But the " non-warning " of this decrease chip is another point, that I TOTALLY reject. The fact that they caught us off guard like that is something we, as players, would ask for ANY kind of compensation, and I really mean it. ( And this " compensation " is already there, but again, no communication )
On another side ( because I'm pretty sure that a lot of people didn't see it, and again it's normal, because it touches probably less than 1% of the people.) It's the cost of the second Megatronus 5*. It decreased from 1.4M to 1.3M YES, I KNOW, I KNOW, it's not a compensation, it's not a gift, it's actually nothing, especially since it touches so few players. But you need to think about it like that, it's a small step toward us. And if we don't take any step, as smaller as they are, that give us, we have nothing left guys, seriously, nothing. Just a bad end for the game.

Another point I want to talk about ( especially now, when we are talking about $$ )
CyberMonday/Black Friday.
It's probably the best way to reconciliate both camps ( Yes, I'm talking to you Kabam, right now )
Here is the deal, if we get something really good, it might turn into a really good income for the game, that could lead to something more greater later. And for the players of course, well a lot of good things that we can get by stopping this boycott. Do you remember 4th July ? I didn't had the chance to grab any deals that day, But I swear to god right now, If this deal comes back anyday (Maybe in a few weeks, Kabam ? *wink* ), I will snatch my wallet and get 90% of the offers that we had this day. Because THIS deal, was the Best I have ever seen in my entire Game FTF life.

Thank you for reading all of this, and I hope that I really managed to get you think about the current situation of the game, and how everyone can do his " own part " to get the game back on his feet.
Good luck Commanders !
( Sorry if my english was disgusting, I'm still trying to do my best on those kind of long text )

Comments

• Ænigma wrote: »
    TL;DR

For real
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Well thought out post.
    Yes, we're whiny, and some of us haven't spent much cash (like me) out not at all, but that's the challenge with titles like this.
    Kabam has the advantage of licensing a hugely BELOVED IP, with OVER 10 MILLION DOWNLOADS.
    Let's just say 10-15% are PAY players.
    That's still a tidy sum for a mobile game.
    What they OWE to the community is a sense of pride (in product), dignity (stop nerfing skilled players) and honesty.
    Now, they do MOSTLY.
    But from what I've read in other treads, the older, Beta players haven't truly been heard or acknowledged, regarding MOST requests or topics.
    They're like lapdogs just waiting for any reply from mods (see the confirmed likes after any kind of reply!).
    It's sad that the love ISN'T MUTUAL.
    WE OWE IT TO EACH OTHER.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    I hate it how Kabam doesnt care about the issues from day one, ones I have to deal with that make me want to quit every single day,, why do we have to spend hours grinding when it should be a short quick thing? Why does MCOC get more care than FTF does? Crashing, lag, freezing, control issues, all of that have never been fixed, and if they have, they haven't done it thoroughly because Im constanly overheating and losing fights that should have been easily won.Oh yeah another thing, raids are trash because I could spend hours grinding and go to school and be back where I started, and its hard to win raids when you crash, lag, SLOW LOADING, little time, and worst of all, "error, please come back in a moment". Well, heres the thing, we dont got a moment because raids gonna end in 5 minutes and you do this to me?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I think it's already too late. Another top alliance will disband after the raid week. How long will Kabam hold their "new content" ("new" being nothing newer than what they promised in that "further improvement" thread)?
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    Great, an essay, TL;DR
    nqdtvel08gdh.gif
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    Great, an essay, TL;DR
    nqdtvel08gdh.gif

I reckon the summary is:

Stop nerfing players.
    Kabam, pull your socks up.
    edited October 2018
    Steelbane wrote: »
    I hate it how Kabam doesnt care about the issues from day one, ones I have to deal with that make me want to quit every single day,, why do we have to spend hours grinding when it should be a short quick thing? Why does MCOC get more care than FTF does? Crashing, lag, freezing, control issues, all of that have never been fixed, and if they have, they haven't done it thoroughly because Im constanly overheating and losing fights that should have been easily won.Oh yeah another thing, raids are trash because I could spend hours grinding and go to school and be back where I started, and its hard to win raids when you crash, lag, SLOW LOADING, little time, and worst of all, "error, please come back in a moment". Well, heres the thing, we dont got a moment because raids gonna end in 5 minutes and you do this to me?

TBH I've never seen an app/game render SO MANY PHONES/SOCS obsolete over such a SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.
    In the 7 months I've been on, phones that were initially supported but are now UNPLAYABLE are:
    Moto Nexus 6
    Droid Turbo 2
    Moto Z Play
    Moto Z Force
    Moto G4 Plus
    Moto G5 Plus
    Moto G5S Plus
    iPhone 7
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Moto Z2 Play
    ....and that's just my personal experience.

Kabam never explains this.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Interesting points, but I think it's a little backwards. This seems like the Kickstarter approach. Send in money and hope and pray something good comes out. There's also no guarantee that the money spent here will go to future development of this game.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    edited October 2018
    I stopped spending long ago. And believe me, I could be among the top spenders on this game. Money is definitely not an issue for me, but if I don't see a good ROI then there's really no reason to keep contributing. It has also become sin to voice/vent opinions/frustrations without having some moron with a stick up his you know what trying to belittle everything.

Lagging/crashing has only gotten worse.

I can't blame people for outright abandoning their progress and just moving on to better pastures.