Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The mysterious suicide rush

So I mentioned in an earlier post what I think might be the culprit of the suicidal rush that so many players have reported....the "dropping the block and rushing in", or being sucked into a special. Both have happened to me, today actually. There have been a few words from mods but basically nothing on the 4 page thread about bots defying physics.
My thoughts are this rush is a result of the change in orientation on screen. When you keep your distance at the edge, the game forces you and your opponent to move together. I believe this is what's going on. You have your defense up and the game decides MAYBE you should be closer to your opponent.
This being said...I'm tired of this.If this is the issue it should be an EASY fix. One can only do so much before its thought that this is an intentional issue created to make the game more difficult and prove the matches are called before they even begin.
I'd love to hear from a mod on this..
1) Do you understand what were explaining when we speak of this suicide charge?
2) What's being done to remedy this?

A screenshot or a recording will do nothing if you cannot see the players gestures on screen.

Android MotoZ2 Force

Comments

• DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Man. This happened to me. Many times.
    Android Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
  • Issues like these, havent been fixed... Sometimes, my bot doesnt do anything I want it to, it just stands there and does nothing, I cant punch, charge or anything, I had to pause the game and unpause to fix it, and sometimes the game doesnt respond to my touch commands and does something random.
  • I agree. I don’t think bots should move unless we tell them to move. Even standin there without a block I’ve had my bot move forward for no reason. Maybe I don’t want to be that close to the bot I’m fighting. Maybe I don’t want to be forced to move in closer to take a special atk to the face. Maybe.....my bot should only move if I tell it to move.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Wow so almost a year and no response.
    Why am I not surprised?
    Maybe we need a few F bombs to get some attention??
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    What did you expect?
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Reaction86 wrote: »
    I agree. I don’t think bots should move unless we tell them to move. Even standin there without a block I’ve had my bot move forward for no reason. Maybe I don’t want to be that close to the bot I’m fighting. Maybe I don’t want to be forced to move in closer to take a special atk to the face. Maybe.....my bot should only move if I tell it to move.

This.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Wow so almost a year and no response.
    Why am I not surprised?
    Maybe we need a few F bombs to get some attention??

F Bombs GALORE!
    Raining middle fingers, too!

Na, seriously, this SUICIDE DASH has gotten WORSE.
    Today I've lost 3 arena rounds (not an excuse, I'm awesome...j/k) to cruddy opponents I'VE NEVER LOST TO BEFORE.
    1. 4*R2 820pi Starscream vs 4*R3 Tantrum
    2. 4*R2 770pi Hound vs 4*R3 Sideswipe (!)
    3. 4*R4 3115pi Galvatron vs 4*R5 Fallen.

What's so annoying?
    I'VE NEVER LOST TO MEGATRONUS (Outside of Master Boss version) before today!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Reaction86 wrote: »
    I agree. I don’t think bots should move unless we tell them to move. Even standin there without a block I’ve had my bot move forward for no reason. Maybe I don’t want to be that close to the bot I’m fighting. Maybe I don’t want to be forced to move in closer to take a special atk to the face. Maybe.....my bot should only move if I tell it to move.

No. If you are not blocking your bot NEEDS to move forward automatically, or you would never be able to bait a special.

It's a bad idea to change this function without a way to manually control forward movement without dashing in.

Considering swipe controls, I don't think it would be possible without introducing gamepad functionality
    Hey @DrShotgun :
    Here's something AMUSING.
    Same chipset (MT6737), same resolution (1280*720), same manufacturer (Motorola), same OS version (Android 7.1.2) BUT less RAM (3 v 2GB)...
    Guess what?
    The 3GB RAM Moto e⁴ Plus has flashier graphics, better animation, less lag and freezes YET MORE SUICIDE RUSHES.

JUST KILL ME NOW
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Stop swiping forward and you bot won’t commit suicide.

Kidding aside I thought you were all crazy before, but I’ve had this happen twice to me. Both in am if I remember correctly. It doesn’t happen often but when it does it’s super annoying.
    Okay.
    Gotten to the point I HAVE TO START MATCHES TOUCHING LEFT SIDE OF SCREEN/PUNCHING, otherwise my Bot will go for a stroll towards the opponent.

So much EXTRA FUN when fighting bosses in AM or an OP bot on 16 win streak in arenas.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2018
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Okay.
    Gotten to the point I HAVE TO START MATCHES TOUCHING LEFT SIDE OF SCREEN/PUNCHING, otherwise my Bot will go for a stroll towards the opponent.

So much EXTRA FUN when fighting bosses in AM or an OP bot on 16 win streak in arenas.

Just swipe back at the start of the match, like everyone does.

Why is everyone complaining about bots walking forward if you're not touching the screen?

It's been this way since game launch, it's not a bug. This is how you bait special attacks, by walking forward.

Don't want to walk forward? Hold block. Pretty simple, and guess what? Blocking all the time will actually improve your game.

Ever watched inqosly videos? He's ALWAYS blocking, then just swipes out of the way of attacks. Blocking ensures if he messes up timing, only a heavy attack will inflict full damage