Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Is it actually possible to sidestep Soundwave's heavy?

Watching the A.I. has taught me things about the game, (for example, I didn't know it was possible to jump backwards when up against a wall, until I saw the A.I. do it), however, one thing that seems impossible is to sidestep Soundwave's heavy. The A.I. does it to me frequently, but I can only avoid it by jumping backwards.

Does anyone know if it's possible for a human player to sidestep Soundwave's heavy attack, or is it just the A.I. cheating?

Comments

• Options
    It is possible but I can't figure out the timing.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I got to say it's really hard to sidestep it every time, but it's possible.
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150

Miraculous! Is it as the attack starts, in the middle, or when it's finishing that you need to jump aside? I need to try it!
  • Options
    I believe distance from soundwave is the key to sidestepping it. If you sidestep right next to him mid heavy, your still at risk of taking one of the other hits from the heavy. If your placement is right, and dodge the LAST hit of the heavy, you can sidestep.
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    I believe distance from soundwave is the key to sidestepping it. If you sidestep right next to him mid heavy, your still at risk of taking one of the other hits from the heavy. If your placement is right, and dodge the LAST hit of the heavy, you can sidestep.

Thank you. I think I need to find a baby Soundwave to practise against.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Nutjob wrote: »

Miraculous! Is it as the attack starts, in the middle, or when it's finishing that you need to jump aside? I need to try it!

From what I saw how AI did it, they wait for the first hit to nearly hit them and sidestepped. If you can anticipate his heavy well (we all know he heavies after a 4 hit landed or 1 hit blocked), you may start sidestepping too early and get hit.

Still, 9 times out of 10, you have space to your back if you know how to keep SW at bay and adjust yourself back to the diameter.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    yeah but the timing is really hard, but like prowl or bludgeons special you’ll get used to dodging it
  • Options
    PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    He usually uses it right after a 4-5 hit combo. If i don't have space to backup i just spam the special button, that way at least you negate it.