Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What is going on here...? (Forging issue)

iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
For anyone wondering what forging away a maxed 3* looks like, here it is.

Though for some reason, I wasn’t given the displayed amount after hitting the forge button.... why?

cky89b24gb4d.png

lf2ty06n36vk.png

vyp33ymzv7ud.png

w8kesif9t9j6.png

hivazis8synr.png

Comments

• Forging in this game is weird it says one thing but does something different
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Forging in this game is weird it says one thing but does something different

Yeah, that’s exactly what’s happening here.

Would be nice to get an explanation as to why.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited November 2018
    Sent in a support ticket. Wonder if I’ll get a MCOC response back? 🤔

Happened again with Sideswipe:

8vl2w3ofih6o.png

vbq2a1kxn0q8.png
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited November 2018
    I always doubt how the 'exp carry on' actually works. If your 3* Mv1 already received 2000 exp from other 2* bots and is forged into a 4* Mv1, all his exp will get a 'same bot' bonus (20%), and visually displayed to you to show the estimated forge result. However when you actually hit the forge button, the system says 'nah man, those carried on exp shouldn't receive 20%'s bonus because they aren't necessarily from 2* Mv1 are they? This is cheating!' -- then you see some regression on the final result.

So to avoid confusion, forge separately.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Posted a video (gif) of this happening to Prime. Lost 4 forge levels.
  • In both instances you were forging into a bot that was originally at a capped level of 75, so the stat point increases are tuned to show the level effect in relation to that max.

But because you forged a 3* into a 4* of the same character you increased the max forge level to 100. So the stat level increase gives less than the estimate, even though the stat points given were the same.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    splendic wrote: »
    In both instances you were forging into a bot that was originally at a capped level of 75, so the stat point increases are tuned to show the level effect in relation to that max.

But because you forged a 3* into a 4* of the same character you increased the max forge level to 100. So the stat level increase gives less than the estimate, even though the stat points given were the same.

I had the same assumption initially and it would make sense for the PI rating and the Class Advantage but Attack and Health are non-weighted numbers...and both are lower than the displayed numbers prior to forge. If they are weighted, the decrease would make sense but then the question is why is Attack and Health weighted?