Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Are you still doing arenas?

Ever since they made the 1.5 mil cap the standard for the final rewards i stopped doing arenas. There was a small window where they kept the monthly spotlight arena at 320k for the final rewards and that one was about the only one i would enter, but then they changed it aswell.

1.5 mil is very time consuming, especially on a daily basis. What do you guys think?
Are you doing arenas, and if so which ones?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Other than the daily objective, hardly.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Some of us with cruddy lineups HAVE NO CHOICE.
    But this ridiculous (but achievable) milestone makes you choose between family and friends and a daft game.
    That's stupid.
    You're turning your dedicated players into antisocial LOSERS.
  • Options
    Yep, too much grind for not enough rewards. It’s all well and good if you don’t have a life but those of us who do, there’s little to no point trying.

Crystal and sig arena are the only ones I dedicate a full run of my roster to. The rest.... not worth the grind for the rank rewards.
  • Options
    It’s time for the signature bounty to bump up to 5*.
  • Options
    The last time I’ve done any arenas was back when sharks were available. Lol
  • Options
    McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    Personally I’m only doing up to the 500k-700k points after that I give up. Most times it seems min rewards for the BIg grind to million. Only reason I still do some arenas is just for the arena crystals then stash what ever gold and energon I get for them.

I’ve given Up trying to be in the top 20%
  • Options
    magnusprime777magnusprime777 Posts: 326
    edited November 2018
    Arenas are ok, but I don’t really knock myself out trying! Lol!!
    Like @McBusket said, I usually get up to 500-750k points if I think the arena is really worth it!
    Bot chip arenas are ok. T3 class is good, but I wish they would give a little more. Gold bounty, and Shard bounty are ok too, but I’m really not an arena battler! Lol!!
  • Options
    At some point, it's "diminishing returns". Depending on the arena, I usually call it quits at the milestone that is around 160K or the first one after 200K (230K?).
  • Options
    Not anymore. Changing the scoring and rewards in the feature bot chips put a bad taste in my mouth. Then realizes all the work and grinding I did to get 22, 23 + win streak and my score was still below 1,000,000 it really put into perspective how much time is wasted for very little pay off in that game type.

Congratulations to those who stick with it, you have less competition and can reach higher rank rewards easier.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    No, the less the participants, the harder the competition. Our abstention is punishment to those who do it.
  • Options
    Nope, time/effort vs reward is simply just not worth it now.
    Rewards are garbage for mid tier.

It's useless for gold accrual. The gold earnt each fight should have at least another zero on the end.. minimum.. 300 gold is pathetic. I can sell basic ore for more!
  • Options
    Down_Under wrote: »
    Nope, time/effort vs reward is simply just not worth it now.
    Rewards are garbage for mid tier.

It's useless for gold accrual. The gold earnt each fight should have at least another zero on the end.. minimum.. 300 gold is pathetic. I can sell basic ore for more!

Same here
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited November 2018
    No. I loathe arena and feel it should only be used as a training tool for new commanders. Once you reach a certain roster level, the skill to maintain a streak is minimal. So now you're converting my free time into rank rewards which are lacking? No, but thanks. How about replacing arena with new game modes, or change the format to a climbing difficulty or something?
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I haven’t really done arenas for the last few months. I might do one or two arena fights for the achievement stuff here and there, but other than that I don’t touch them.

The rewards versus time spent simply isn’t worth it, also there was a total lack enjoyablity.

Also they were like raids before raids became raids, in the sense of you really can’t lose. Any half decent player can take down the r3 five stars easily with pretty much anything in their roster that would draw them as opponents (again, I said I haven’t played them in months really, so r4 five stars were not possible).

The lack of challenge and the amount of time needed for minimal rewards drives me away. I still enjoy the game overall, I just choose not to play arenas.

Slightly off topic, but I’m thinking arenas need an overhaul of some sort, or maybe to get replaced by another game mode. I think as time goes on, more players will leave arenas. Who knows though, just my thoughts.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I think arenas are good for newer players to grind out. Good for practice and for the rewards you need at the time. However, after a while you level up to where the time cost-reward balance starts becoming thrown out of whack. At that point it’s like doing the laundry.
  • Options
    I still do the Arenas (particularly during the weeks where we have a chance to pick up BOTM chips). I usually go once through my bot lineup once (usually just my R3 3* and higher bots), intentionally forfeit contests when I hit certain win streaks (that's what my 2* bots are used for), and end up with about 450k points. Doesn't take much to get to 500k at that point (usually good enough for top 20% rewards). On the weekends, I try to run through my lineup twice plus a little extra to get up to 1M+ (nowadays good enough for Top 10% usually).
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    No , Arenas are just boring lol other game modes rewards us much better comparing the time consumed
    I once slept while Autodoing arena lol , arena starts at 10:30 pm here so you know how boring they are if they make a person doze off mid fight or loading (i dont remember if i slept mid fight or while loading lol)
  • Options
    AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 101
    At least there is auto-fight in arenas, unlike MCoC
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    No I am not.
  • Options
    I still do them, not all the time, but a few times a week to beef up my gold supply and energon from arena crystals.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'll do them from time to time depending on what I need.
    Raids are what I've abandoned, especially since t3 is a daily mission now. Most welcome addition to this game in a bit.
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I’m an arena battler I 100% complete the ones I love playing in lol
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    T3 Class, Gold Bounty, Bot Chip Exclusives, Crystal Bounty, Shark
    These are arenas I highly recommend to complete
  • Options
    Kabam’s will
  • Options
    I’m not doing arena anymore. It’s too time consuming and even for arenas with good rewards you only get a fraction of the crystal / spark (4* bot crystals shards, T3C, t4b etc).

Ain’t nobody got time for that. Definitely not gonna grind for hours for some lousy rewards.
  • Options
    thisisdog wrote: »
    I’m not doing arena anymore. It’s too time consuming and even for arenas with good rewards you only get a fraction of the crystal / spark (4* bot crystals shards, T3C, t4b etc).

Ain’t nobody got time for that. Definitely not gonna grind for hours for some lousy rewards.

Man, you're missing out on the placebo that is FALSE HOPE.
    The kind you get when you collect over 10 various Bot crystals...
    ... And open them (fingers crossed, Glee! Yay!)....
    and find 4* Dupes of Mixmaster and Hound.

HOW WILL YOU COPE
  • Options
    When the monthly bot chips arenas appear, it seems everyone is back.
  • Options
    So I finally tried to achieve all milestones in a recent Arena daily challenge. Got to a personal best of 1.5+ million points... and, for the first time ever, finished on the leaderboard. That was fun to do... once. Back to my 500k grinding, top 20% ways.
  • Options
    Technobot wrote: »
    So I finally tried to achieve all milestones in a recent Arena daily challenge. Got to a personal best of 1.5+ million points... and, for the first time ever, finished on the leaderboard. That was fun to do... once. Back to my 500k grinding, top 20% ways.

Yea. That thrill (bonus: wife screaming at you) of reaching 1.5M+ points, making it into the top 50, then discovering top 500 rewards AREN'T FAR OFF in most cases.
    *Sigh*
  • Options
    PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    edited November 2018
    Yeah 😁