Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

AI Witholding Special Attacks

I dont know what it is, but the AI doesnt wanna use their special attacks lately. I can only dance around the AI for so long before I succumb to lag or a tie limit. In my opinion, I think their should be a limit on how long the AI can withold a special attack. I just went up against AM Shockwave and he held his special 2 for about 45 seconds. Thats a pretty long time in this game. I gave up and just whaled on him thankfully i didnt get hit with an S3. In my opinion, if you are able to block or dodge the AI for at least idk 20-30 maybe 40 seconds, then the AI should just use his special at that point. This is why i love power control bots because its just a straight up brawl and i dont need to worry about getting one shot byba special 3. What do you guys think? Maybe some of you have a better way of dealing with this.

Comments

• Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    This is a huge problem on lane 2.5 in AM.

You can get a grumpy AI that does nothing except dance around and block until they charge an s3. Try what you want, but they are extra slippery at times.

It's particularly offensive when using Primal against those bots, because they have a tendency to hold specials more often when he has Crit armour up, and lowering defenses doesn't always guarantee they throw a special either.

Automatic power gain lanes are crap to begin with. At high difficulty you MUST play a strategic battle, and forcing the player into melee combat every 6s is a **** move anyway.

A part of me feels like the game is rigged to cut down a bot or two if you make it to a certain point relatively unscathed, but I'm probably biased because it happens to me a lot.
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    This is a huge problem on lane 2.5 in AM.

You can get a grumpy AI that does nothing except dance around and block until they charge an s3. Try what you want, but they are extra slippery at times.

It's particularly offensive when using Primal against those bots, because they have a tendency to hold specials more often when he has Crit armour up, and lowering defenses doesn't always guarantee they throw a special either.

Automatic power gain lanes are crap to begin with. At high difficulty you MUST play a strategic battle, and forcing the player into melee combat every 6s is a **** move anyway.

A part of me feels like the game is rigged to cut down a bot or two if you make it to a certain point relatively unscathed, but I'm probably biased because it happens to me a lot.

It happens to me quite a bit too @Manthro I seriously think S3 needs to be blocked in any lane with a power gain mod or something
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    45 seconds isn’t much. Using the timer in AM and in raids, I’ve had the AI hold on to their special for 3 minutes or more.
  • Options
    Darm0k wrote: »
    45 seconds isn’t much. Using the timer in AM and in raids, I’ve had the AI hold on to their special for 3 minutes or more.
    In anycase, i do find this quite annoying and am getting the impression that kabam does this nonsense to get us to spend more on repairs.
  • Options
    I dont know what it is, but the AI doesnt wanna use their special attacks lately. I can only dance around the AI for so long before I succumb to lag or a tie limit. In my opinion, I think their should be a limit on how long the AI can withold a special attack. I just went up against AM Shockwave and he held his special 2 for about 45 seconds. Thats a pretty long time in this game. I gave up and just whaled on him thankfully i didnt get hit with an S3. In my opinion, if you are able to block or dodge the AI for at least idk 20-30 maybe 40 seconds, then the AI should just use his special at that point. This is why i love power control bots because its just a straight up brawl and i dont need to worry about getting one shot byba special 3. What do you guys think? Maybe some of you have a better way of dealing with this.

Well, I know Jazz has basically been designed as the one character who can remedy that, but I do agree on that front, I can't dance around forever
  • Options
    It's not a problem if you use wasp ;)
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    It's not a problem if you use wasp ;)

Duped wasp
    Also did you consider nanojack?
  • Options
    @Slayer I dont have nanorepair
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Wasp is five times better anyways. Wheeljack only offers a minute of invulnerability while wasp offers it forever.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Kenny wrote: »
    Wasp is five times better anyways. Wheeljack only offers a minute of invulnerability while wasp offers it forever.

only in am sadly, don’t worry though next month warpath will have an exploit making him invincible in every game mode... and kabaam will be too scared to fix him because of *someone*
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Kitten wrote: »
    Kenny wrote: »

only in am sadly, don’t worry though next month warpath will have an exploit making him invincible in every game mode... and kabaam will be too scared to fix him because of *someone*

:frowning: