Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alpha wall sucks

This started out as probably the coolest app game i ever played. Until you have five 3* bots maxed out and realize what it will take to upgrade just 1 of them again. 10,000 shards?! Seriously.
I know others have vented about this so im just posted this so kabam could see that they may start losing a lot of users.

Raids are the least fun for me, and unlike almost anything othee goal it seems for the alpha 18k raid shards is the only way. Yoi dont see them in away missions, arenas, oh the monthly quest. Great, only i did 2 acts in 3* area, but now since i cant upgrade i cant finish the third one.
I get it if you want to make the raids the way to get it. But be reasonable and make in 1000 not 10,000. Its just math.

I need to get to 18k raid shards to get a 100 alpha essence. Then do that 100 times and i can upgrade 1 bot. 5 more and then my whole line up. Its too a point where now i only get to raid, and awesome that on top of the grind, players can steal back my shards and metals.

What when from a fun game with all these different options to play has become a tedious bore. I dont even care to have a 4 star bot because thats just more raiding now.

What might have seem like a great idea for a cash cow in making us have to by energon to get shields and able to raid more i think will be unfortunately your downfall. Even those players that want to spend $100 on energon-i wont, ill just buy a ps4 game-will still grow tired of the grind on the raid.

Drop it down to 1000 essense and not 10k
Put some rewards easier ro access, like arena or even common crystals. My 4 star crystals are a waste just gold really or 75 ore, who cares. Even the daily between not keeping duplicates (which is stupid, i can use them in the arena) and not seeing a 3 star in over 3 weeks has become worthless.

This is going to bore people. Need to think of some other way.

Comments

• AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    They have become and continue to become easier to get they can't just let you max everything one month in it will come bro don't worry
  • Foxhole342Foxhole342 Posts: 13
    And how about a shield for when you get raided. I wake up do my 3 raids and while I wait for 1 of them to regenerate I get raided by up to 5 people. Could put up a shield but then I have to waste and hour of it so I can raid the 3 times only to put up another shield are you kidding me. I agree make it difficult but not impossible
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2017
    There are no better ways to earn alpha sparks than there have been since their availability. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just being smug, don't listen to them.

It's not that we want alpha sparks to rain from the sky, it's that we want to cut the ridiculous timeframe of a month per spark (at best - more like 8 weeks) to be cut down to something reasonable.

When you stretch out one alpha per month over the span of your entire bot library, it's absurd to think of how long it'll take to rank up all your bots.

The only difference in alpha spark source is the rank up crystal, which, until it has t2 basic removed, is a waste of energon.

I'm at the point where I won't even use mine once I do get it.

I'll just leave it in my inventory so I can stare at it through my phone and say "MYYYYYY PRECIOUSSSSSS" all day long.
    Manthro wrote: »
    There are no better ways to earn alpha sparks than there have been since their availability. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just being smug, don't listen to them.

It's not that we want alpha sparks to rain from the sky, it's that we want to cut the ridiculous timeframe of a month per spark (at best - more like 8 weeks) to be cut down to something reasonable.

When you stretch out one alpha per month over the span of your entire bot library, it's absurd to think of how long it'll take to rank up all your bots.

The only difference in alpha spark source is the rank up crystal, which, until it has t2 basic removed, is a waste of energon.

I'll just leave it in my inventory so I can stare at it through my phone and say "MYYYYYY PRECIOUSSSSSS" all day long.

Alliance missions is also a good way
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2017
    Amano wrote: »

Obvious troll is obvious :neutral:

You do realize I've been playing since beta, right?

Thank you for stating what I've already stated in my previous thread about alpha spark essence. When alpha sparks were made available they were also included in AM at virtually the same time. Not a "new" or "better" way to get them.

Thank you for stating what I've already stated in my previous thread about alpha spark essence. When alpha sparks were made available they were also included in AM at virtually the same time. Not a "new" or "better" way to get them.

This isn't a troll there is currently 3 ways to get alpha essence/spark utilize them you can form one every 2 weeks if you put in some time, you can get 5 in a day if you spend $100 you can have one way but can't have all
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430

In beta you couldn't get the $5 daily special on Sunday for 1k essence.

In beta you couldn't hit anywhere near the same AM milestones to be pulling down an extra 1-2k.

But none of that matters, because there will ALWAYS be an item that is really tough to get that restricts you from getting your champs ranked all the way. Today it is alpha sparks, tomorrow it will be tier 3 basic sparks, and tier 3 class sparks after that. This is just the design of the game, and if you guys don't like it then you aren't going to some day like it just cause they make alpha sparks easier to attain.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    In mcoc 2 plus years later I still only have like 8 r5 champs due to t4cc wall and it's still not even currently possible to r5 and 5* champ as stated there will always be a progression wall but in reality all content developed will be beatable with that in mind act 3 ect does not require r4 or r2
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    ... but in reality all content developed will be beatable with that in mind act 3 ect does not require r4 or r2

I highly doubt that. From what I saw in my first run through Act 3 Chapter 1 you will have a really hard time beating that with r3s. You will have to be an absolute god to do this without sinking money into repair kits.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Zapper wrote: »
    ... but in reality all content developed will be beatable with that in mind act 3 ect does not require r4 or r2

I highly doubt that. From what I saw in my first run through Act 3 Chapter 1 you will have a really hard time beating that with r3s. You will have to be an absolute god to do this without sinking money into repair kits.

When I'm in am my r4 are tied up and I can still run story
    there is no reason an r3 can't be used to beat 1500pi bots.... r3 have been used to beat 3-5k pi bots in prime
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    we need easier ways of obtaining Alphas please. Too many characters need to upgrade!
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718

When I'm in am my r4 are tied up and I can still run story
    there is no reason an r3 can't be used to beat 1500pi bots.... r3 have been used to beat 3-5k pi bots in prime

An 850 pi bot certainly CAN beat a 1500 pi, but the margin for error is so tiny that few will manage it without needing repair kits after every fight. As far as 850 vs 3k, I dunno but I suppose a top-tier player could manage. 850 vs 5k? Sure, pull the other one, it has bells on it

I have 2 chapters left and have used only r3 for the most part part
  • Just raid Harder Bases 6k-8k rating, i can get 400-500 shards daily.
  • Also there is no such thing as an alpha wall. Bases need Bots to defend it that need to be as strong as your Mission bots. Alliance Missions also require 3 more spare bots that are as strong. I doubt that in 1 month of the game being released you have atleast 15 bots that are atleast 3 star and 3/30. Arenas provide for guranteed 3 star and 4 star bot crystals but you need to grind them.
  • Docholiday321Docholiday321 Posts: 102
    Look the math is the math. Its a crazy amount of time.

If asking i have 15 bots.
    6 3* maxed out. Another 3* that just hit rank 3.
    A maxed out 2* maxed out 1*
    3 more 2* at rank 3
    And 3 more 2* not much to them just used to fill for arenas.

Raid harder? My raid defense is ar 4600. And still after i raid people raid back so my time is really worthless
  • Look the math is the math. Its a crazy amount of time.

If asking i have 15 bots.
    6 3* maxed out. Another 3* that just hit rank 3.
    A maxed out 2* maxed out 1*
    3 more 2* at rank 3
    And 3 more 2* not much to them just used to fill for arenas.

Raid harder? My raid defense is ar 4600. And still after i raid people raid back so my time is really worthless

The game is meant to be played for years, join a better alliance to start upgrading the 4 star bots. Thats the design behind it just like MCOC
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186

And? The rest of act 3 isn't even released yet, so you don't know how hard it's going to be. We can only interpolate that base on chapter 1, and from what I see there most people in the game are NOT going to be able to beat it with 3/30 bots. Most people not even by sinking money into the game, it's simply going to be impossible for them.

It doesn't matter if you personally are able to beat chapter one, for the game to stay relevant it's necessary that a large portion of the playerbase stays interested.

I'm in one of the top alliances where quite a few people already have 4/40 bots (1-2 though, not more) and even they say that beating 1600+ PI opponents is really hard. So don't talk smack mister godlike skills.

And? The rest of act 3 isn't even released yet, so you don't know how hard it's going to be. We can only interpolate that base on chapter 1, and from what I see there most people in the game are NOT going to be able to beat it with 3/30 bots. Most people not even by sinking money into the game, it's simply going to be impossible for them.

It doesn't matter if you personally are able to beat chapter one, for the game to stay relevant it's necessary that a large portion of the playerbase stays interested.

I'm in one of the top alliances where quite a few people already have 4/40 bots (1-2 though, not more) and even they say that beating 1600+ PI opponents is really hard. So don't talk smack mister godlike skills.

If you have 2 r4 and can't beat a 1600 bot you just plain suck lmao never said I was god like alphas will be made easier as more is released that's how it goes if u don't like it don't play it's that simple
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718

If you have 2 r4 and can't beat a 1600 bot you just plain suck lmao never said I was god like alphas will be made easier as more is released that's how it goes if u don't like it don't play it's that simple

I think we can all safely say that your experience with the game does not reflect the vast majority of players. The idea is more that getting alphas either requires months of raiding and luck/money, LOADS of money, or having alphas already, and this is where the frustration comes from
    CandKane wrote: »

I think we can all safely say that your experience with the game does not reflect the vast majority of players. The idea is more that getting alphas either requires months of raiding and luck/money, LOADS of money, or having alphas already, and this is where the frustration comes from

I can agree that it takes time and is also frustrating but I like to grind out raids for my alphas.... time will come soon where they become easier hopefully the next event after the prime challenge will have them eaiser to get