Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Suggested Balance Tweaks

I hope someone from Kabam reads this.

I think some balance changes need to happen to a bot and a mod.

Firstly, Mixmaster needs some help. He is a really weak bot. It's a challenge to beat opponents who are around his level. Everything about him feels weak. Only his special 3 is any good, and even that isn't as strong as some others. Finally, his concussive block is almost impossible to use, especially against AI boosted opponents.

Secondly, the Harm Accelerator is far too powerful compared with other mods. I'm fairly certain everyone puts two Harm Accelerators in their bases, and only then decides which of the other mods to place.

If a bot is always your last choice {MixMaster} and a mod is always your first choice {Harm Accelerator}, then I feel there are some balancing issues involved.

Does anyone care to agree, or disagree?

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I agree, harm accelerator paired with a 450 Bonecrusher nearly beat a 835 G1 Optimus by virtue of the AI running away and letting the bleeds stack
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Use a mv1 on harms
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Amano wrote: »
    Use a mv1 on harms

That would be the smart thing I suppose, but he's tied with Mixmaster for my least favorite bot and I go out of my way to avoid using him outside of arena. I think it's still an issue though when only one bot out of nineteen (soon to be twenty) can counter a certain mod
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Amano wrote: »
    Use a mv1 on harms

I read a post by the devs that they want there to be multiple uses for bots, without a single default strategy. As it stands, I feel Harm Accelerators are against their intended play balance goals. The idea that a certain bot is a default requirement for raids, due to play balance issues, is not my idea of a fun game, nor what I believe the devs are aiming for.

Part of the fun should be choosing bots based on your collection and synergies. It shouldn't be choosing indispensable Optimus MV1 due to an overpowered mod, then make a choice for the remaining two slots. I hope we won't have a 'first name on the team sheet' situation occurring, meaning we all need certain bots in our collection in order to be viable.
  • SprQ1081SprQ1081 Posts: 63
    Mixmaster really needs improvement, good thing Waspinator is a new Demo bot. Wasp is much fun to use and I cannot seem to find a good way to use Mix, even on class advantage, I do not feel any difference.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    I agree completely. Mentioned it in the raid thread but I'll repeat here, the Harm mod is full blown broken.

I agree about Mixmaster too. His damage output is just awful. He's the only bot I struggle with in Arena. He is easily the worst in the game.