Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Upgrade Feature?

So. I acknowledge that what I say here may apply to the bot suggestion page, but I'm making a new discussion anyway. To any of the Kabam peeps out there, please close it if it honestly belongs in the bot suggestion page.

Onward!

What I would like to see for the future of the game is a sort of evolution feature. Namely, for bots who have in-universe/canonical evolutions or upgrades that are (predominantly) permanent. Specifically, Optimus Primal, G1 Hot Rod (we know he'll be there sometime), Orion Pax (it'd be very interesting to see him here) and maybe some basic Transmetal transformations, such as Cheetor into Transmetal II, future Beast Wars characters being Transmetaled, etc.

The way this could go has a couple methods (I will be using Optimus Primal as an example):

Method 1
Relic Involvement. Any relic that makes sense in the continuity the Bot represents should have the ability to be "bonded" or "linked" to it. The process can be undone and the relic can be "re-linked" to the same or another bot. For instance, the Primal Relic, Matrix of Leadership, or (maybe) the Transmetal Driver could be linked to Optimus Primal. The level of the Primal Relic (regular, bronze, silver, gold) would determine the tier of the upgrade (1-star, 2-star, 3-star, 4-star Optimal Optimus), whereas the Matrix (G1) would just retain the rank of the bot. Specifically, if the Matrix were to be attached to a 3-Star Optimus Primal, the evolution to Optimal Optimus would be 3-Star as well. As for the Transmetal Driver, it would correspond the two or three (for those lucky scrapheaps who got 5-Star Bots) top tiers (3,4,5-Stars) to the level of Transmetal Mutation. The Driver would change a 3-Star Primal into a 2-Star Primal Transmetal, a 4-Star Primal into a 3-Star Optimal, and a 5-Star Primal into a 4-Star Optimal. For linking relics, the relic would still exist on the base, but it's abilities (if any) would be reduced by, say, 1 or 2%.

Method 2
New Character Improvement. For this, a new, post-evolved character would be available and could be obtained through normal means, such as Crystals or Bot Chips. However, any player with an existing pre-evolution character can trade it over using a fraction of the required bot shards, namely, half as much. For Primal, say that Optimal Optimus came into the game. The regular rates of 1M, 10OK, and 10K would still apply, but people with 3-Star Primals need only pay 5K Bot Chips for a Character upgrade, 4-Stars only 50K, and 5-Stars 500K (0.5M).

For both of these, the bot upgraded will return to the list of bots yet to be collected (get an Optimal, Primal appears at Bots screen bottom) and upgrading a Maxed-Out Bot will not automatically make the evolution Maxed-Out. It will be Rank 1, Level 1, Forge Level 1

I'd love to see what your thoughts are on this idea, how plausible it would be, and points of gameplay it could affect.

Comments

• ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited November 2018
    This is the creativity that Kabam should have right now. I mean wow, so much Yes. Galvatron approves. You are the Matrix bearer. This Upgrade system sounds awesome! I can imagine the possibilities that this could have with putting Characters in different bodies. You have my highest regards my friend. Keep up the creative work!
    z4ymtaecanvv.gif
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Jokes apart , so you're idea is just for beasts? Or g1 can also benefit from it?
    edited November 2018
    Slayer wrote: »
    Jokes apart , so you're idea is just for beasts? Or g1 can also benefit from it?

•Hot Rod to Rodimus
    •Soundwave to Soundblaster (with Ratbat and Rumble)
    •Bumblebee to Goldbug
    •Cyclonus to Bombshell or Thundercracker
    •Grimlock to Grimlock (Beast Wars)
    •Blaster to the Blue Body from Headmaster
    •Optimus Prime G1 to Power Master Optimus
    •Optimus Mv1 to Jetpack Optimus (DotM)
    •Megatron (RotF) to Megatron (DotM)
    •Drift (Age of Ex) to Drift (Last Knight) with helicopter alt mode
    •Grindor to Blackout
  • Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136

Anybody with canonical upgrades can benefit. So possibly, Headmasters, Action Masters, Powermasters, could be worked in, too.
    I should also add that the Star Saber can be included as part of the linking, as the Matrix is in its hilt. I would also like to see what your ideas are for how other Relics could work.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    You mean like EVERY OTHER MMORPG out there?
    Since NES or Genesis era RPGs?

But that would mean WORK for the Devs, since the only NEW THINGS we get monthly are bots. ONE.

Think about the devs!

On a serious note, i approve the OP.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085

•Hot Rod to Rodimus
    •Soundwave to Soundblaster (with Ratbat and Rumble)
    •Bumblebee to Goldbug
    •Cyclonus to Bombshell or Thundercracker
    •Grimlock to Grimlock (Beast Wars)
    •Optimus Prime G1 to Power Master Optimus
    •Optimus Mv1 to Jetpack Optimus (DotM)
    •Megatron (RotF) to Megatron (DotM)
    •Drift (Age of Ex) to Drift (Last Knight) with helicopter alt mode
    •Grindor to Blackout

Wow that is so good , creative thinking 👍👍
    edited November 2018
    Optima1P wrote: »
    I should also add that the Star Saber can be included as part of the linking, as the Matrix is in its hilt. I would also like to see what your ideas are for how other Relics could work.

Decided to make this with some help from @Optima1P

*= Relic/Bot doesn't exist in the game.

Simple Upgrades:
    •Optimus Prime Mv1 + Bayverse Matrix of Leadership = Jetpack Optimus Prime
    •Megatron RoTF + Megatron RotF Relic = Megatron DotM
    •Drift (AoE) + Drift Relic* = Drift (Last Knight)
    •Optimus Prime G1 + Apex Armor* = Powermaster Optimus Prime
    •Soundwave + Blaster Relic = Soundblaster
    •Hot Rod* + G1 Matrix = Rodimus Prime
    •Hot Rod* + Dark Energon Orb = Rodimus Cron
    •Blaster + Headmaster Relic* = Headmaster Blaster
    •Scorponok G1* + Devil Z* = Black Zarak
    •Bumblebee G1 + Bumblebee Relic* = Goldbug
    •Cyclonus + Energon Purifier* = Bombshell
    •Ultra Magnus + ? = White Convoy
    •Cyclonus + Energon Purifier* = Skywarp
    •Transmetal Cheetor + Transmetal Remover* = Season 1 Cheetor

Complex Upgrades:
    •Optimus Primal + Primal Relic + Transmetal Driver* = Transmetal Optimus Primal
    •Transmetal Primal* + G1 Matrix + Primal Relic = Optimal Optimus
    •Transmetal Cheetor + Transmetal Driver* + Cheetor Relic = Transmetal II Cheetor
    •BW Megatron* + Transmetal Driver* + Golden Disk = Transmetal BW Megatron
    •Transmetal BW Megatron* + Covenant of Primus + Megatron G1 Relic =
    Transmetal II Dragon Megs
    •Optimus Prime G1 + Dark Energon Relic + Matrix of Leadership G1 = Nemesis Prime
    •Shockwave + Covenant of Primus + Triptych Mask* = Onyx Prime
    •Galvatron + Galvatron Relic + Time Jump Trigger Device* = Galvatron II
    •Megatron RotF + Megatron RotF Relic + Transformium* = Galvatron AoE

Overly Complex Upgrade:
    •Optimus Prime G1 + Optimus Prime Mv1 + G1 Matrix if Leadership + Bayverse Matrix + the Star Saber= Alternity Optimus Prime
    •Megatron G1 + Megatron RotF + Dark Spark* + Matrix of Chaos* + Dark Star Saber* = Alternity Megatron
    •Airazor* + Tigatron* + Transmetal Driver* + Vok Enhancer* = Tigerhawk
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    edited November 2018
    Twincast?
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    edited November 2018
    I had an idea for one.

Cog* + literally anyone = Weaponized (Name Here)
  • PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    Twincast?

Oh, that's his name. I don't really know too much about Headmasters except that Soundwave and Blaster got new bodies after wrestling each other to death, Galvatron was killed by ice, and that the dubbing was hilariously awful.
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    I had an idea for one.

Cog* + literally anyone = Weaponized (Name Here)

Cog* + Man* = Cogman
    These are all REALLY GOOD.

Lookit this:

Optimus Prime G1 + Matrix G1 + Star Saber + Optimus MV1 + MV Matrix + Optimus Primal + Primal Relic + Covenant of Primus = 13 Prime aka The Arisen

Arcee + Windblade + *Creation Lathe = Solus Prime
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    U.magnus + G1 matrix of leadership = "open… DAMNIT OPEN!!"
    *BOOM dies*
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Wouldn't mind getting to take mods on missions because lets be honest, we can make better use of them than the AI I'm sure.
    Like how I'd love to use ratchet on tech console and see his health go from 10-100% with a special 2
    edited November 2018
    Ooh just made a new one!

*Orion Pax + *The Quill + The Covenant of Primus = *Alpha Trion

Grimlock + Tantrum + *The Enigma of Combination + *(insert Constucticon) + *(insert Aerialbot) + *(insert Technobot) + *(insert Terrorcon) = Nexus Prime

*(any minicon) + *Minicon Relic + *Energon Booster = Micronus Prime.
  • This is awesome but the possibility of actually getting new content is remote.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    How's this combo;

Kabam + all your dosh + No New Content = F2F Mods Get Testy = WTF

I kid I kid
    This is awesome but the possibility of actually getting new content is remote.

IKR? So many people have been complaining about this. But keep in mind that their attention will shift back sometime.
  • Optima1P wrote: »

IKR? So many people have been complaining about this. But keep in mind that their attention will shift back sometime.

Will it?
    Optima1P wrote: »

Will it?

It may take until Primus's reawakening, but it at least should