Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is Ironhide still good after the release of Megatronus?

Megatronus is one of the BEST demos if not THE king of demolitions. But, ironhide was once the god of demolitions along with galvatron. Is Ironhide still good to use?

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    he’s never been good
  • Kitten wrote: »
    he’s never been good

That's because you got multiple dupes of him. I say he's one of the BEST but needs something better
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I think it depends on what level of play your looking towards, higher end Megatronus is better. Mid-Lower IH is better.
  • Kenny wrote: »
    I think it depends on what level of play your looking towards, higher end Megatronus is better. Mid-Lower IH is better.

I use ironhide in am and raids at times but megatronus is solo and raids also. I like both but should I use ironhide more?
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Kenny wrote: »

I use ironhide in am and raids at times but megatronus is solo and raids also. I like both but should I use ironhide more?

Use both of them.

That’s really up to you. There isn’t a wrong answer.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Ironhide is great for lower to mid-level AM.

Megatronus though in my opinion is the king of demos for high level.
  • Why exactly you guys think Ironhide is better in low and medium and Megatronus in higher LvL ?

Danke vorab ..thanx
  • Why exactly you guys think Ironhide is better in low and medium and Megatronus in higher LvL ?

Danke vorab ..thanx

Because megatronus is very good for pretty much all situations and ironhide isn't for everything. I think I may use ironhide a bit more now and i love both. Although my ironhide is unduped
    Why exactly you guys think Ironhide is better in low and medium and Megatronus in higher LvL ?

Danke vorab ..thanx

Ironhide has really high burst damage once per match. This is where he can dish out over 20k in seconds. However once his signature is off the table his overall damage over time falls to pretty low levels, imo making Megatronus’ abilities a better option in longer fights.
  • Make sense ..thank u for your opinions.
    I love Ironhide ..have him Sig 40 and Forged 100 ..he safe the day at Spotlightmissions so many times ..also against Scorponok on Master. I also have a 5* Megatronus soon on Rank 3 but Iron fits better to my team at the moment. I will think about your words if we play higher !
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited November 2018
    Why exactly you guys think Ironhide is better in low and medium and Megatronus in higher LvL ?

Danke vorab ..thanx

Ironhide has really high burst damage once per match. This is where he can dish out over 20k in seconds. However once his signature is off the table his overall damage over time falls to pretty low levels, imo making Megatronus’ abilities a better option in longer fights.

That means ironhide is suited for matches like expert, hard, master raids or short battles while megatronus is also good for all of them and long battles like ROK and ROTK.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Megatronus is one of the BEST demos if not THE king of demolitions. But, ironhide was once the god of demolitions along with galvatron. Is Ironhide still good to use?

Forge them all away and use Wasp
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    megatronus: handsome
    ironhide: ugly
  • Manthro wrote: »

Forge them all away and use Wasp

I'm not using wasp. I don't care much of his exploit. I said IRONHIDE and I don't have a 4 star wasp and there's no way I would forge everything. Also I know you were sarcastic by the way
  • cbaum2cbaum2 Posts: 12
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Ironhide is great for lower to mid-level AM.

Megatronus though in my opinion is the king of demos for high level.

I can promise you that Ironhide does just fine on high level AM
    xJamesss wrote: »
    That makes ironhide better for all modes except legends of cybertron

Well it does go a little more in depth than what I had explained earlier

Say the hardest paths of master have around 50k hp, that leaves 30k. Ih will go through it but the second half of the match will be a bit luck dependent on heavy spam.

While Megatronus has power drain, healing, and he’s naturally one of the tankiest bots in the game making him a great survivor (I like to think of him as a stronger ratchet). While he still has solid damage.

Damage wise yes IH would be better, but his abilities don’t match up to megatronus’. This is why I prefer Megatronus over ironhide in masters and am.
  • Kenny wrote: »
    xJamesss wrote: »
    That makes ironhide better for all modes except legends of cybertron

Well it does go a little more in depth than what I had explained earlier

Say the hardest paths of master have around 50k hp, that leaves 30k. Ih will go through it but the second half of the match will be a bit luck dependent on heavy spam.

While Megatronus has power drain, healing, and he’s naturally one of the tankiest bots in the game making him a great survivor (I like to think of him as a stronger ratchet). While he still has solid damage.

Damage wise yes IH would be better, but his abilities don’t match up to megatronus’. This is why I prefer Megatronus over ironhide in masters and am.

So that makes ironhide good for things like easy to expert and raids. Megatronus is good for all