Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

So bored with Megatronus + Robot Resource ...

Maybe Kabam play balance testers need to give the whole raid system an overhaul. When every base uses the same bot/mod combination, it's a fair indication that something is broken.

I really wish there were valid combinations outside of the tried and tested few. Sadly, bases throw up no surprises, so there is little thrill when engaging in raids. It just feels like a grind.

Get ready for Megatronus/Robot Resource - Wheeljack, Ultra Magnus, Bonecrusher, Grindor/Harm Accelerator - then 3 other fights that won't affect the raid outcome.

I want raids to be interesting and throw up some variety, but I find I need to bring the same team to every fight. I crave for a game where multiple bot choices and play-styles are valid, but it seems that raids are not the environment for that.

Are you all finding the same monotony when raiding? Do you also feel there are very few valid bot/mod combinations, if you want to properly defend your base?

Comments

• Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I've gotten to where I hate raids...the fact that I'm always running across the SAME BOTS on the same mods, then can't use those bots on base defense for hours...I don't even raid anymore.
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    I hear you. Like I said, it's just a grind now. I have pretty much a set team, because there are only a few bot/mod combinations that are really dangerous, so you need a team to counter those.

I really wish bases would surprise me, or that there were multiple valid combinations.

The fact that people can basically agree on the best and worst bots in each class is not a good sign. If everyone disagrees, then you know that the play balance is excellent.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    now raids are actually challenging people complain?
  • Options
    I would be much happier if they were challenging without facing the same bot/mod combinations. What's the point of having 50 different bots if you keep facing the same enemies, and your own choices are limited if you want to have a chance of winning?

I want to enjoy playing with most of my roster to keep things interesting. I could do that, but I would lose.

Rather than design 1-2 valid bot/mod combinations, wouldn't it be better to overhaul all of the mods, to make different bot/mod combinations feasible?

Now that would be fun.

I'm just tired of being pushed to fight raids with the same 3 bot team, against the same enemy bot/mod combinations.
  • Options
    It’s the current meta. Use kickback, rhinox, shockwave or any other power drain bot. I wish they released all the mods already.
  • Options
    It’s the current meta. Use kickback, rhinox, shockwave or any other power drain bot. I wish they released all the mods already.

Yes, there is a counter. My point is that I wish I didn't need to tie up one of my 3 slots just to counter the inevitable Megatronus. It forces me into the same fight every raid.

One attraction of a game with a big roster is variety. I want to experience different fights and different bot combinations. By giving better balance to bots and mods, maybe bases would have greater variation, so raiding would be fun.

Right now it seems like a chore. A tech to counter Megatronus, Grimlock/MV1 Optimus for Harm Accelerators, then only one free slot to bring a third bot that I'll be lucky to use. Makes my team composition and the raid fights a little boring.
  • Options
    Nutjob wrote: »

Yes, there is a counter. My point is that I wish I didn't need to tie up one of my 3 slots just to counter the inevitable Megatronus. It forces me into the same fight every raid.

One attraction of a game with a big roster is variety. I want to experience different fights and different bot combinations. By giving better balance to bots and mods, maybe bases would have greater variation, so raiding would be fun.

Right now it seems like a chore. A tech to counter Megatronus, Grimlock/MV1 Optimus for Harm Accelerators, then only one free slot to bring a third bot that I'll be lucky to use. Makes my team composition and the raid fights a little boring.

Just because there are a veriety of boys doesn’t mean they are all good on base defense. The whole point of bases is to make it a chore for the opposition, so if that means two trouns on rr then so be it.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I've had to Fight 2 Megatronus' on robot resource, so yeah I would'nt mind a slight overhaul
  • Options
    I'd actually say, Megatronus himself is already overpowered and needs to be re-balanced. It's not the raid or the robot resource, its the bot himself.

(Now, I am so annoyed with raids, I was annoyed with them after the first week this game was released. That is mostly due to the ALWAYS getting raided and not being able to get revenge. It is even worse now that the only way to get the T3 Essence crystals is to constantly have 1,700 or more medals, which is an absurd request in my humble opinion. I still havn't made it past 1,500 medals.)

Back to the topic at hand. It is Megatronus' special two which is a huge problem. An already over powered bot, that everyone has because he was not that special of a featured bot, and you give him a special which is unblockable, granted only the second half of it is, but it is still unblockable.

I can already hear it now... "use someone that is a good counter to Megatronus." Use someone that drains power or locks power." Well per the robot intel report there is clearly no good counter to him. Using someone that is a counter for power fill is a valid point, I will concede that.

You cannot "bait" him into using his specials, because it will just constantly fill and then whoops, you are dead from a special three. Or even one or two because for some reason his specials track you as you are dodging. (that is a WHOLE other topic.)
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    You cannot "bait" him into using his specials, because it will just constantly fill and then whoops, you are dead from a special three.

not if you use jazz ;)
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Kitten wrote: »
    You cannot "bait" him into using his specials, because it will just constantly fill and then whoops, you are dead from a special three.

not if you use jazz ;)

vkcc3xzhb5ih.jpeg

^^yeah, this guy

This is just the new BC/Grindor with HA. People will get used to it and then there’ll be a new bot/mod combo.
  • Options

not if you use jazz ;)

Good point. Forgot about this. However, like everything else in my life, it wont work for me ;-)
  • Options
    I'd actually say, Megatronus himself is already overpowered and needs to be re-balanced. It's not the raid or the robot resource, its the bot himself.

(Now, I am so annoyed with raids, I was annoyed with them after the first week this game was released. That is mostly due to the ALWAYS getting raided and not being able to get revenge. It is even worse now that the only way to get the T3 Essence crystals is to constantly have 1,700 or more medals, which is an absurd request in my humble opinion. I still havn't made it past 1,500 medals.)

Back to the topic at hand. It is Megatronus' special two which is a huge problem. An already over powered bot, that everyone has because he was not that special of a featured bot, and you give him a special which is unblockable, granted only the second half of it is, but it is still unblockable.

I can already hear it now... "use someone that is a good counter to Megatronus." Use someone that drains power or locks power." Well per the robot intel report there is clearly no good counter to him. Using someone that is a counter for power fill is a valid point, I will concede that.

You cannot "bait" him into using his specials, because it will just constantly fill and then whoops, you are dead from a special three. Or even one or two because for some reason his specials track you as you are dodging. (that is a WHOLE other topic.)

Your wrong! Without rr he’s very easy. He’s not op at all. He has great utility, damage wise galvatron takes the cake. Yes you can bait his specials, hold down block for a bit side step. It’s similar to baiting wasp sp1. Who care what his bot intel report says, OG megatron has a similar bot intel report and he’s easy to fight against. Sounds like you need to learn how to fight against him. Cylouns has a unblockable sp2 your not crying about him.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2018
    God forbid you'd have to think a bit in order to win a battle.

Megatronus on RR isn't a problem. There is a wide selection of power control bots and hard counters in the game.

Rank one up and you're fine.

Shockwave
    Mirage
    Rhinox
    Soundwave
    Wheeljack
    Prowl
    KB
    Cheetor (sort of, S3 only)
    Jazz (sort of)
    Barricade
    Motormaster (yes, you read that correctly)
    Hot Rod (acceleration/deceleration)
    Scorponok (by way of his awesome backfire ability and daze, but not really power control)

There's probably more, but the point is... There's lots of options. You are hardly limited in what bots you can effectively use to counter Megatronus.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited November 2018
    Sad there's no collusion this month
  • Options
    DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Sad there's no collusion this month

Most people don't care getting 5* scorponok.
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    God forbid you'd have to think a bit in order to win a battle.

Megatronus on RR isn't a problem. There is a wide selection of power control bots and hard counters in the game.

Rank one up and you're fine.

Shockwave
    Mirage
    Rhinox
    Soundwave
    Wheeljack
    Prowl
    KB
    Cheetor (sort of, S3 only)
    Jazz (sort of)
    Barricade
    Motormaster (yes, you read that correctly)
    Hot Rod (acceleration/deceleration)
    Scorponok (by way of his awesome backfire ability and daze, but not really power control)

There's probably more, but the point is... There's lots of options. You are hardly limited in what bots you can effectively use to counter Megatronus.

I think you're missing the point. I can beat him, and yes there are counters. The issue is that raids were the only opportunity for surprises. We already know which bots and mods we will fight every AM and solo mission.

The problem is not about thinking, the issue is that now the game is mindless. You only have to think once to develop your counter, and then plough through a hundred almost identical raid bases with the inevitable Megatronus/RR fight.

I don't like to eat the same food every day. Similarly, I don't enjoy fighting an identical battle every raid.

Yes, I can kill him. However, I would like an opportunity to kill a different bot/mod combo.

This is a problem for the game designers. In a game with a broad roster, there should never be a combination that is obviously better. If the entire player base uses this combination, how was it not noticed before release? That indicates a severe play-testing/balance issue.

Like I said before, if we saw many different base combinations, with similar levels of effectiveness, then it would indicate that play balance exists.

Many players are already complaining that the game is feeling stale. Having raid bases become largely identical will only reinforce that idea. In fact, raids haven't really changed at all since day 1. The base map hasn't changed, and new mods weren't released into the mainstream.

I assume you have Megatronus and RR in your base, right?
  • Options

I for one, don't want him nerfed. There's so much BS In this game that can get you killed by no fault of your own. For me, Megatronus has made dealing with lag more bearable since he can heal reliably and he's a great counter to the rediculous mods kabam puts on spotlight missions
  • Options
    cbaum2cbaum2 Posts: 12
    People still raid?
  • Options
    Easiest way to explain the Mego and Wheeljack crap... it’s a chore to beat... gets old.... my team always wins, but it isn’t much fun
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Darm0k wrote: »

not if you use jazz ;)

vkcc3xzhb5ih.jpeg

^^yeah, this guy

This is just the new BC/Grindor with HA. People will get used to it and then there’ll be a new bot/mod combo.

Pretty much sometimes shockwave, jazz and kickback are really the only bots that I've found to be effective, even then a Megatronus can still hold until a special 3... Feels REALLY bad man!
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    It is dumb and yet another indication that no testing even goes into the raiding. He can basically fully charge while invincible. I have had him use s3 then an immediate s1 and another immediate s1 because of the charge time. I agree it’s dumb to face the same thing every time. It at least got to a point with a little variety before Megatronus. Make the other mods more available and t2m crystals available.

The hardest thing I have faced yet was WJ on the tech console with nano. Took forever to kill but was at least interesting. There hasn’t even been a deal for those mods in months. Make them rotate in the raid store for 100k or add the t2m crystals to the raid store. Literally anything.
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Just bring mods in line with bots and it would solve the problem. Or at the very least make it possible to defend once in awhile.
  • Options

Your wrong! Without rr he’s very easy. He’s not op at all. He has great utility, damage wise galvatron takes the cake. Yes you can bait his specials, hold down block for a bit side step. It’s similar to baiting wasp sp1. Who care what his bot intel report says, OG megatron has a similar bot intel report and he’s easy to fight against. Sounds like you need to learn how to fight against him. Cylouns has a unblockable sp2 your not crying about him.

Yes without the robot resource he is very easy. Doesn't take away from the fact that when he has it, special two is BS. You also seem to very smoothly bypass me stating how his specials (and everyone else's) track you, no matter how "get good" you are, you will eventually get hit by the special.

Cyclonus never gets put on people's raid defense, so there is the answer to your argument.

As far as you people who are so great at this game are concerned...who know so much about how to fight against him...a lot of us use every trick in the book as people mention and we still get special three shot at us, sometimes if we are lucky twice in one match, no matter how much you bait him. If you do not see him as the "top bot" are you supposed to go in blindly with a raid team meant just to take him out, but that team is not good for the rest of the raid? When your raid team is built for a different purpose...What if your bot that can beat him is locked in a mission? Oh so we shouldn't just raid?
  • Options
    The problem with Megatronus is that the power drain in Alliance Missions makes him useless there. So there's no reason to not just have him on base defence all the time, since you can still use him in spotlights without affecting that.
  • Options
    I don't like that combination either and I put my 5* Shockwave against a raid base Megatronus w/RR and his SP1 didn't drain any power at all, all it did was barely slow down the power gain. That said, I don't use that combo on my base defense. I pair him with Nightbird's Mark, awakened sig, so he insta-kills anyone around 15% health or less. Seems to work ok so far, I'm see a lot more attackers fail than before.
  • Options
    I hate raiding so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯