Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Do you guys even purchase Deals and Bundles?

Like, seriously. Please be 100% blunt and direct. Now we get like a real money or Energon Deal/Bundle every day, instead of actual new content. I don't know for you guys, but for me it's not worth it as it would be investing in something that won't compensate you at least with decent content. At this point, does anybody still buy them?

Do you guys even purchase Deals and Bundles? 50 votes

Yes.
16%
NutjobRaptor22Badboy77Hbomb761121893UrAverageMalakaSycko5Hijacker2531 8 votes
No.
48%
AnnatarJoker69KillMasterCJscrillaHumpyhampsterMufc14IvanTyDrShotgunCharleshot25PyrusPrimeBooster_BlueserdoodDaveJLjonezyxcbaum2Bumblebee254PhatBoy123bgunns31Jazz444Shinokaizoku 24 votes
Not until Kabam fixes this game!
36%
iuJacobPredacon_OrderAustin555555AAGZ0921GochaBROBeerguzzlerValensPrimeParadoxFuryLOADING1_NaiguitimareMVSteveVavatronCeltTfpsoundwavektomovOptimalOptimus_MV1KittenNull_X 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Yes.
    Wish there was a sometimes option. Last time I bought a deal was about a month ago and it was for a t3 class spark and 20 gold crystals all for 900 Energon. I was rich on Energon at the time, so I bought it. Now all we get is $100 5* awakening deals.
  • Options
    cbaum2cbaum2 Posts: 12
    No.
    Don’t waste your money
  • Options
    No.
    Hell no. Haven't spent a dime since december last year
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    No.
    I don’t spend money not yet anyway lol
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited November 2018
    No.
    I only spend energon
    If the bundle is worth it
  • Options
    IvanTyIvanTy Posts: 55
    No.
    The reason? Maybe tomorrow kabam will officialy say this to us "It is very unfortunate but the game will be closing next month. Thank you for staying with us and look forward on having with you in our future games." Im taking extra precaution and invest my money somewhere else.
  • Options
    PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    edited November 2018
    No.
    IvanTy wrote: »
    The reason? Maybe tomorrow kabam will officialy say this to us "It is very unfortunate but the game will be closing next month. Thank you for staying with us and look forward on having with you in our future games." Im taking extra precaution and invest my money somewhere else.

I've had a little bird supposedly from Kabam tell me thats exactly what is coming so good decision
  • Options
    No.
    I'm not gonna give my money to a bunch of devs who show nothing but complacency in the running of a game. Nothing significant will come next month, or the month after that or any months after that. This game is done. As harsh as it sounds and as much as I don't like it like everyone else here. That's just the reality of it. Just hope they sell this game off to a different dev who will actually realise the true potential of this game, but I'm not hopeful.
  • Options
    No.
    jonezyx wrote: »
    I'm not gonna give my money to a bunch of devs who show nothing but complacency in the running of a game. Nothing significant will come next month, or the month after that or any months after that. This game is done. As harsh as it sounds and as much as I don't like it like everyone else here. That's just the reality of it. Just hope they sell this game off to a different dev who will actually realise the true potential of this game, but I'm not hopeful.

Will be closed soon I'm sure as non constructive like all others talking about it being dead or diein
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    No.
    I used to, but not anymore. I have the same fear that the game will be ending soon also, with the obvious lack of effort shown, the ignoring of the requests of the player base...the fact that they tell us "we will update you guys when we have something to update you with", and nothing is said, which means there is nothing ahead anytime soon...
    And that's a shame. I like this game. It's fun for me. I enjoy my team. I've been with the same alliance since almost the beginning. I'm WAY too far behind to make any type of progress in MCoC, plus as much as I like Marvel, I'm not into it that much. Don't k ow many of the player pieces. I know Transformers.
  • Options
    Nutjob wrote: »
    Absolutely, although some seem to be better value than others.

I have two main reasons for making purchases. People here whine about the game getting no love and being doomed. The only sure way for that to happen is to keep whining about the game and urge people not to spend money. Why would Kabam put effort into a game they're not receiving any profits from?

Many suggest that they won't put money into the game. They're holding fire until Kabam shows better development intent. Have you paused to consider whether Kabam is doing exactly the same thing? If money starts to flow into the game through offers, perhaps we will see a flurry of development as they see potential in TFTF.

So, my first reason is to financially support the game and developers, in order to convince them to invest in it.

The second reason is that I have the equivalent of 1.5 - 2 full time jobs. I don't have time to play the game all day and grind. For this reason, I need to do some spending to keep up with others in my alliance.

If you're a free to play player, rather than raging at the 'whales' and people who spend to 'cheat to get ahead', you should instead thank them for financing your game in the first place. Who on God's good earth would design and develop a game for no financial reward? Not many people are willing to work for free, so why should Kabam?

Having said that, free to play players help to swell the number of players, and help to flesh out the different player tiers. It makes a game more enjoyable if not everyone has maxed 5*s, especially if you're a new entrant.

If you are upset that MCOC is getting more love, then consider that perhaps that game has a larger paying player base. If TFTF had the larger paying player base, I think it would be MCOC forum users complaining about no love and predicting the demise of the game.

If, however, you still believe that free to play is the moral high ground, then please come to me. You can be my domestic servant for free. I will be supporting your core beliefs. You're welcome.

Even if the game were to close next month, you need to consider the money you have spent, and the hours of enjoyment provided. Most of you think nothing about blowing your money on beer and eating out, but the few minutes of enjoyment from drinking a beer pales in comparison to the hours you get from buying in-game items. If you spend a further $100 on this game and it closes next month, how would the pleasure you derive from the game over that month compare to a few visits to the cinema with popcorn and cola?

Put things into perspective and please try to see the bigger picture. If you have time to spread negativity on the forums, wouldn't that be better spent completing a few raids/arena fights?

Well said. If you guys don't spend money the devs do not have any money to put back into the game. Which means no new content. The people here ( posting in the forums ) that have jobs and go to work everyday DO NOT WORK FOR FREE. So why should the devs????? I am sure they have families to feed also. It's like any other company out there they are not going to invest any money to a product that isn't making them any money. Simple economics. You guys say you love the game and it's one of the best out there. Well then keep it alive by spending money. No one says that you have to break the bank. But $ 5 here and there isn't going to hurt.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    No.

I have two main reasons for making purchases. People here whine about the game getting no love and being doomed. The only sure way for that to happen is to keep whining about the game and urge people not to spend money. Why would Kabam put effort into a game they're not receiving any profits from?

Many suggest that they won't put money into the game. They're holding fire until Kabam shows better development intent. Have you paused to consider whether Kabam is doing exactly the same thing? If money starts to flow into the game through offers, perhaps we will see a flurry of development as they see potential in TFTF.

So, my first reason is to financially support the game and developers, in order to convince them to invest in it.

The second reason is that I have the equivalent of 1.5 - 2 full time jobs. I don't have time to play the game all day and grind. For this reason, I need to do some spending to keep up with others in my alliance.

If you're a free to play player, rather than raging at the 'whales' and people who spend to 'cheat to get ahead', you should instead thank them for financing your game in the first place. Who on God's good earth would design and develop a game for no financial reward? Not many people are willing to work for free, so why should Kabam?

Having said that, free to play players help to swell the number of players, and help to flesh out the different player tiers. It makes a game more enjoyable if not everyone has maxed 5*s, especially if you're a new entrant.

If you are upset that MCOC is getting more love, then consider that perhaps that game has a larger paying player base. If TFTF had the larger paying player base, I think it would be MCOC forum users complaining about no love and predicting the demise of the game.

If, however, you still believe that free to play is the moral high ground, then please come to me. You can be my domestic servant for free. I will be supporting your core beliefs. You're welcome.

Even if the game were to close next month, you need to consider the money you have spent, and the hours of enjoyment provided. Most of you think nothing about blowing your money on beer and eating out, but the few minutes of enjoyment from drinking a beer pales in comparison to the hours you get from buying in-game items. If you spend a further $100 on this game and it closes next month, how would the pleasure you derive from the game over that month compare to a few visits to the cinema with popcorn and cola?

Put things into perspective and please try to see the bigger picture. If you have time to spread negativity on the forums, wouldn't that be better spent completing a few raids/arena fights?

so what about the people that spend (or used to spend) almost weekly but aren't seeing improvements anywhere? What do you say to them? Carry on throwing money at the game in the hopes you eventually have thrown enough money at it to encourage a company to reinvest in a product that requires constant reinvestment and development?

I used to think like you and I've spent thousands and justified exactly the way you did. But nothing has changed or improved. All I see is exodus, bugs, issues and the same game modes etc time and time again.

Honestly, it's a bit like going to the gym. You pay to go, they take your money, you get fitter if you put the effort in. What if the gym owners aren't buying new equipment? Better equipment? Fixing broken equipment? People just leave and find another gym and it eventually goes to ruin.
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Yes.
    DaveJL wrote: »

so what about the people that spend (or used to spend) almost weekly but aren't seeing improvements anywhere? What do you say to them? Carry on throwing money at the game in the hopes you eventually have thrown enough money at it to encourage a company to reinvest in a product that requires constant reinvestment and development?

I used to think like you and I've spent thousands and justified exactly the way you did. But nothing has changed or improved. All I see is exodus, bugs, issues and the same game modes etc time and time again.

Honestly, it's a bit like going to the gym. You pay to go, they take your money, you get fitter if you put the effort in. What if the gym owners aren't buying new equipment? Better equipment? Fixing broken equipment? People just leave and find another gym and it eventually goes to ruin.

I feel for you, I really do. However, the game isn't the same game you received at the start. It's better.

I joined the game when it first came out, and there was almost no content. A few arenas, a short story campaign, no AMs, basic raiding etc. The roster was I think 2-3 bots per class. That was back when you were willing to pay for items, correct?

The game you have now is greatly expanded, especially in areas such as the roster. The bots aren't all the same. It's much more complex than paper/rock/scissors, which is part of the fun. e.g. Cyclonus is a great solution for Motormaster, but he's not brilliant against some of the other brawlers.

As for your gym analogy, you were getting what you paid for when you joined the gym. If it is being run down, then why are you still a member? Your body looked great while you were paying for membership and the equipment was new. I don't complain that Star Wars was only a great movie back when I watched it as a kid. If I feel it's now dated, then I watch newer movies. It doesn't change the fact that I loved watching it 20 years ago and it entertained me for hours.

If you still enjoy this game, play it and pay for whatever tempts you. If you don't like it anymore, leave. If you leave, make it a clean break and abandon the forums, too. There's nothing worse than stalking your ex every day, if you want to move on to a new relationship.

There are other gyms out there, probably with state of the art equipment and promises to keep it maintained. Don't waste your time protesting outside your current gym and holding up pictures of what it COULD look like, if they installed the latest and greatest machines. Just go and join a better one, and let the people at your old gym work out in peace.

TLDR? To answer your question, I would give the disgruntled players the same advice you gave in your last paragraph - thank the game and community for the nice memories, and leave. Kabam will know if they are succeeding by the number of active game users and the money received from special offers. These metrics are far more reliable than complaints on the forums.

The problem could be that not enough people are paying. Dissuading them on the forums is hardly helpful, especially if you love the game and hope to see it improve. Like I said before, consider the price of the offers that you buy, and the number of hours of enjoyment they grant you. Compare that to your other entertainment related expenses. Grade them, then decide whether it's worth it. The latest 4 star crystal cost me the same as around 4 cups of coffee. That gets a big tick from me. 4 cups of coffee give me around 20 minutes of enjoyment and empty calories. A 4 star crystal enhances a game I spend at least 1-2 hours a day playing.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    No.
    It has expanded yes, and I was happy to keep spending but it really has stagnated. The difference I think, in reference to the gym analogy, is that we develop bonds because of the community. I think a lot of players see their accounts as investments (in a sense) and Kabam absolutely relies on that viewpoint too. It's different to a movie because that is a finished product that you pay for and then that's just it, but this is a constant evolution - very much like a relationship and so the ex analogy is very appropriate.

Some ex's I would happily never see again but some I put a lot of time and effort in to developing a relationship with so it's harder to just ditch it. I play for free (not in an alliance either) every now and then to keep an eye on things. I feel like I was putting the time in, putting the effort in, putting the money in and getting very little in return - same old AM, same old rewards, same old arenas, same old spotlight missions and maps and mods, same old raids. Just groundhog day every day. It became about routine rather than enjoyment. The relationship lost its spark (oh puns) and it's definitely not me, it's them.

Honestly I would be really happy to pay for offers if they were fairly priced or if things were a little cheaper for resources like energon. If the odds weren't so pitiful or if there was a pity system. If there was new content for me to enjoy. But really it just feels like a routine and I pay for it, like the gym.
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Yes.
    DaveJL wrote: »
    It has expanded yes, and I was happy to keep spending but it really has stagnated. The difference I think, in reference to the gym analogy, is that we develop bonds because of the community. I think a lot of players see their accounts as investments (in a sense) and Kabam absolutely relies on that viewpoint too. It's different to a movie because that is a finished product that you pay for and then that's just it, but this is a constant evolution - very much like a relationship and so the ex analogy is very appropriate.

Some ex's I would happily never see again but some I put a lot of time and effort in to developing a relationship with so it's harder to just ditch it. I play for free (not in an alliance either) every now and then to keep an eye on things. I feel like I was putting the time in, putting the effort in, putting the money in and getting very little in return - same old AM, same old rewards, same old arenas, same old spotlight missions and maps and mods, same old raids. Just groundhog day every day. It became about routine rather than enjoyment. The relationship lost its spark (oh puns) and it's definitely not me, it's them.

Honestly I would be really happy to pay for offers if they were fairly priced or if things were a little cheaper for resources like energon. If the odds weren't so pitiful or if there was a pity system. If there was new content for me to enjoy. But really it just feels like a routine and I pay for it, like the gym.

Like I said before, I do feel for you. I guess I don't have high expectations for games, so the occasional addition and monthly bot keeps me ticking along.

I'm not sure that lots of new content makes a game better. If too many parts are added, I find the game becomes a huge time sink, where you feel the need to complete daily missions, event missions, grind for materials, use up your energy, complete the character unlock missions etc...

I took another look at Marvel Future Fight recently. They have added a lot of content and I was completely overwhelmed. I felt like I needed a manual. To me it was counter-productive and I was worried I would need to invest hours every day to get the most out of the game.

I also noted that COC has over 50 million downloads, while transformers has over 10 million. To me, this is actually quite encouraging. COC is a much older game. If that has shown longevity and only has 5x the downloads, I see no reason why they'd pull the plug on this game.

Perhaps as numbers creep up and interest spikes (e.g. I think the slew of Marvel movies in recent years has helped to revive COC), then I see no reason why this game won't succeed. They've also tapped into the Chinese market, which I think is a wise move.

I would be surprised if they abandon a game with 10,000,000+ downloads only 2 years into its lifespan, when they've already shown patience with COC. The other transformers game also has 10 million downloads and shows no sign of slowing down.

Just my 2 cents.

• Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    real transformers > digital ones
  • Options
    No.
    Nah, everything is too expensive and this game is dead within 6 months.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    No.
    I bought the $10 4* on Friday. That was a good deal.
  • Options
    I got talked out of fast track energon deal a few weeks back, no regrets.

The only thing I buy from store are the Premium Bot crystals, where they limit 2.
  • Options
    Null_XNull_X Posts: 13
    No plans to spend money on this game til it gets fixed. Towards the beginning of the month there was a bug that made android players unable to play for about 2 weeks. Why should I buy anything when we still haven't been compensated for that even, not to mention the utter lack of content, and how the bug that originally made the game unplayable had popped back up recently for some people.
  • Options
    AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Nope, stopped being a sucker since October of last year.