Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Suggestions to improve Raids

Recently got some ideas when discussing raids with my alliance:

1. We have no way of farming Raid Shields from the game. Only way is to spend energon. In future it would help all players if this is a farmable item from alliance missions, daily quest etc. If you're a player, will you be willing to part away with your energon everyday? Yea I know energon can be farmed from Arena, but a player needs to grind heavily in Arena just to fill up their energon total. Most would prefer gambling it away at premium crystals instead of buying raid shields. It is not cheap to keep having raid shields up or keep spending on raid tickets - when you count up the total it only means one have to be a big spender to keep refresh their energons for raid shields /raid tickets (to reach that 18k chips threshold in order to get their daily Alpha shards).

2. 3/3 for raid tickets gets filled up real quick - with most players not having the time to wait and thus will lose momentum in their raids (18k raid chips is what players are aiming for to get their Alpha shards daily). Suggest to increase it up to 8/8, or even 5/5 for a full raid ticket total. If Kabam would insists us farming Alpha shards there, then make players lives easier by giving us more momentum instead of forcing us to spend energons to proceed after the 3rd ticket, or forcing us to spend energons on raid shields. How many players do u think would spend 40 energon for a 1 day shield? Maybe a few players - majority won't even consider it as it is not cheap to keep doing so everyday.

^ the above is the address players' frustration in grinding the Alpha shards via the raid shop. Right now that method is the best and most consistent method of farming Alphas. More threads in the forums are complaining on about the difficulty of getting Alphas so this is one way of addressing it. It's a win-win for players and devs - as it is not exactly making it super easy for players to get Alphas, yet it makes their experience a more pleasant one instead of the pain and frustration many are voicing out now. Devs at the same time can still have a venue of selling alphas for a price and people will still buy it - as it is still not that easy to obtain Alphas.

Comments

• Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    3. 18000 raid chips just for 100 alpha shards is expensive as well. Will take a player 100 days if they were to purchase it once a day. Hope Kabam will revise and make it cheaper. 10k for 100 alphas shards is more acceptable.
  • Options
    I think the problem is the player pool is too small currently.
  • Options
    SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    Raiding is badly thought out and needs fixing.

The mods are outright broken. Most are borderline useless, while the harm accelerator is just OP and only has one partial counter. This mod will be game breaking, especially as people start levelling them up more and more. Kabam have painted themselves into a corner on this one. It's already the best by a mile and as it gets stronger, it's going to be even more game breaking.

The raid frequency is just insane. Some days I will be raided twice all day, while others I get hit 8 times in an hour. Hard caps need to be implemented.

The lack of progress is off putting to say the least. A percentage of raid earnings should be protected. This allows progression regardless to how often you are raided and allows anyone with enough effort to get to that tier 1 Alpha mark ( which by the way... 1% is just a joke ). Trying to push people to raid shield purchases if they want to make any kind of progression is just a sick joke.

Finally the difficuty curve is all wrong. It's a difficulty straight line. Right now I'm sitting in top 50 or 100 range on the leaderboard and you know what... I'm facing the same difficulty opponents I got when I was at 1150 and using only 2 star bots. Something is seriously broken here... this almost made me quit the game the first time about a month back. Raids definitely need to do a better job of matching up opponents. The difficulty curve starting out wasn't too bad, then it became outright obscene but then never really got harder. This certainly needs fixing.
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions! We're always open to making improvements to certain game modes based on feedback and how we feel the mode is doing in comparison to others.

What I'm reading here is also a frustration with the Alpha Spark availability. This is something that the team is looking into, and are working on making more available. Keep in mind, they're not meant to be super common, and will be more difficult to get than the regular or even class Sparks, but that wall that currently exists is a major pain point we want to address.

Now, as for some of the other concerns in this thread: Your opponent range is not what determines the difficulty of your raids, but the amount of medals you have does. As you get more, you'll be matched with people in the same range of medals. If you're moving up the raid charts to a place that might be too hard for you, then you might need to step back, improve your roster, and then come back.

Additionally, a percentage of your raid earnings are always safe. You can never have all of your Raid Chips taken away.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited May 2017
    Actually @Kabam Miike you can lose all medals if you buy items with say 18k chips and have 19-20k someone already locked in the raid before you bought it will wipe you out because their value listed initially is higher than what you have
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Actually @Kabam Miike you can lose all medals if you buy items with say 18k chips and have 19-20k someone already locked in the raid before you bought it will wipe you out because their value listed initially is higher than what you have

Okay fair, I wasn't thinking of a situation like that :tongue:
  • Options
    SprQ1081SprQ1081 Posts: 63
    Why not implement at least an automatic shield of 2 hrs when you get attacked? This way, the loss will not be that much, and will give you a bit of a waiting time before you start raiding again. Farming shields is also another great suggestion as mentioned above. Lastly, more rewards should be available in the store. How about a crystal that grants Alpha spark essences or if you are lucky an alpha. Available at 10k raid chips, that is much more easier to swallow. That way there will be other chances to get an alpha. The Waspinator Revenge was quite good and will let players try other avenues of the game and not just Arenas. We need to spread out players in different game modes, since Arenas does not have separate brackets for new players and betas.
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Waspinators Revenge made me raid more in one week than I have in two months, it's a nearly perfect setup and I hope they do a similar event for Ultra Magnus, Prowl, etc
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions! We're always open to making improvements to certain game modes based on feedback and how we feel the mode is doing in comparison to others.

What I'm reading here is also a frustration with the Alpha Spark availability. This is something that the team is looking into, and are working on making more available. Keep in mind, they're not meant to be super common, and will be more difficult to get than the regular or even class Sparks, but that wall that currently exists is a major pain point we want to address.

Now, as for some of the other concerns in this thread: Your opponent range is not what determines the difficulty of your raids, but the amount of medals you have does. As you get more, you'll be matched with people in the same range of medals. If you're moving up the raid charts to a place that might be too hard for you, then you might need to step back, improve your roster, and then come back.

Additionally, a percentage of your raid earnings are always safe. You can never have all of your Raid Chips taken away.

thanks for the reply admin..

yeah it's all about Alphas. The other items in the store ain't that significant (maybe except for the mod crystal for newbies).

when i see 18k.. i just gave up even before attempting to buy one 100 alpha shard. The thought of the grind and the need to spend 15 energon on a 4 hour shield just to have a chance is very demotivating. That is if I have that much time to keep raiding others just for 100 alphas shards (will need to repeat this for 100 times to complete 1 Alpha piece).

And I don't get why 3* bots need an Alpha to advance to rank 4 ?? ..( is it a wall to purposely stop players from advancing too much?) I'm suspecting one day this is no longer needed as the game's missions become tougher?? 3* will likely be obsolete by then for hard missions e.g. Act 4 and 5 of the game? Would need a maxed out 4* or the new 5*s that aren't released yet when that time comes.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    As alphas become more accessible there will be another wall then another there will always be a progression wall in this game
  • Options
    the new alpha missions is good tho just wish it to be more organized.