Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Let's see those ranked up oddball bots

DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
So I find the oddballs...like Hound, Blaster, MixMaster (who I really like)... very useful in their own right. As much as I don't like Hound, I tend to win when I use him and you can't deny that healing synergy.
Who's got these rarely ranked bots ranked up?
Let's see em.

Comments

• Options
    Hound MUST get a buff. But let see what kabam does. Hound is almost not usable for his so low damage. But should I be surprised kabam makes an awesome character in the movies bad? No I probably should not. Some people have a maxed blaster and Mixdaddy.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    I was going to r4 5* mixmaster before megatronus was revealed
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    oqo2ymdbcjso.png
    af0phc2vkokn.png
    I use Hound but Mix requires some forging I reckon
  • Options
    Hound has quite the health for that level
  • Options
    Hound MUST get a buff. But let see what kabam does. Hound is almost not usable for his so low damage. But should I be surprised kabam makes an awesome character in the movies bad? No I probably should not. Some people have a maxed blaster and Mixdaddy.

I agree that the devs seem to have favoritism for Beast War bots. There is no other synergy even close to that.
  • Options
    His ranged attacks start to do some damage and travel at some speed once his sig gets up there though you know. Especially if you have a burn or two stacked, you're hitting 1k's regularly. I quite like Hound.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    DaveJL wrote: »
    His ranged attacks start to do some damage and travel at some speed once his sig gets up there though you know. Especially if you have a burn or two stacked, you're hitting 1k's regularly. I quite like Hound.

I'm pretty sure they SNEAKY-BUFFED Hound.
    Now my 4*R1, 790PI duped, fat ballerina makes QUICK WORK of 1900PI 4* Wheeljack. Love him.

Now buff Mixalot.
  • Options
    Tsunami wrote: »
    Hound is good.

cann8e8y5sjd.jpeg

Buff his special damage and burns and he will be.
  • Options
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    So I find the oddballs...like Hound, Blaster, MixMaster (who I really like)... very useful in their own right. As much as I don't like Hound, I tend to win when I use him and you can't deny that healing synergy.
    Who's got these rarely ranked bots ranked up?
    Let's see em.

Blaster is far from an oddball.
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited November 2018
    Blaster is a real pain as a defender and if you get to play with him right then you dont need fear any range attack from any bot

Maybe you should put grindor in the title instead of blaster . I know a lot will disagree with grindor as oddball but it's just my opinion :P
  • Options
    Slayer wrote: »
    Blaster is a real pain as a defender and if you get to play with him right then you dont need fear any range attack from any bot

Maybe you should put grindor in the title instead of blaster . I know a lot will disagree with grindor as oddball but it's just my opinion :P

I put Blaster on the list because he doesn't seem to get much attention. Personally I really like him.
    Grindor is still a monster. Strong armor and solid AI, and very simple to use.
  • Options
    I kinda feel Grindor has lost a lot of fans because he is so simple. His synergies are very basic, as is his overall skill set. He's a Brawler through and through....good hits, solid armor, good defensive AI. No tricks to use him or make his stats better. He's just...there.
  • Options
    wish I'd ranked up Grindor instead of Tantrum for sure.
  • Options
    Anyone have a maxed ramjet?
  • Options
    Do love the MixDaddy
  • Options

His beast syn is very underrated and though his sig is VERY flawed, when you DO get him up to 10 atk buffs: Spotlight bosses beware!
  • Options
    Bodyopus79 wrote: »

His beast syn is very underrated and though his sig is VERY flawed, when you DO get him up to 10 atk buffs: Spotlight bosses beware!

He just has no longevity. For a single fight he is amazing but for going through spotlight or AM he isn't so good. Even his increased armour on charge is pointless, because you're going to eat a full combo if you get intercepted, so it's a bit pointless
  • Options

Yup, only forge 25 or so I've put into him.
    Use him with Motormaster and Kickback in arenas mainly. Love that stun synergy!
  • Options
    Down_Under wrote: »

Screenshot of maxed rank ramjet?
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    (For after the raid week) anyone got high level 5* jetfire?
  • Options
    Kitten wrote: »
    (For after the raid week) anyone got high level 5* jetfire?
    He horrible no one in their right mind should take him past r2.
  • Options

Actually, I had a fight on a raid with Grindor. Grindor on Repair Mod is tanky and takes a long time to kill. A tac like Megs or Prime, maybe Cyclonus with his frequent Melee/Ranged buffs could kill him pretty easy theoretically.
  • Options
    dxwt8xsbvab8.jpg

• Options
    So good at melee combat, so TERRIBLE against Galvatron/Jazz/Blaster/Shockwave/Meh-gatron MV/Waspinator...
    I bring you (my fave tactician)

CYCLONUS

hd28ckt1l0vm.png
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    So good at melee combat, so TERRIBLE against Galvatron/Jazz/Blaster/Shockwave/Meh-gatron MV/Waspinator...

CYCLONUS

hd28ckt1l0vm.png

I dont get it , why is Cyclonus an odd ball ... The guy can literally nullify any buff and deal additional shock damage that can even pass through nanojack shield .
    Of course he had to be weak against Galvatron but that's obvious, all of the other mentioned along galva aren't a pain for Cyclonus ... His sp1 takes care of mv1 sig , he nullifies both shock charges and amp charges of blaster and shockwave . Might be a little tricky to defeat jazz and megatron who doesn't have a lot of buffs as defender and .. waspinator's range speed is okay-ish but he can also nullify that.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    BlackRazak wrote: »

CYCLONUS

hd28ckt1l0vm.png

I dont get it , why is Cyclonus an odd ball ... The guy can literally nullify any buff and deal additional shock damage that can even pass through nanojack shield .
    Of course he had to be weak against Galvatron but that's obvious, all of the other mentioned along galva aren't a pain for Cyclonus ... His sp1 takes care of mv1 sig , he nullifies both shock charges and amp charges of blaster and shockwave . Might be a little tricky to defeat jazz and megatron who doesn't have a lot of buffs as defender and .. waspinator's range speed is okay-ish but he can also nullify that.

I love him.
    He's replaced G1 Optimus as my fave tact.

But check out the other punters, he's usually on the suck list.

TBF he's not very good at AM map 3.3x.
    But a complete champ in arenas.
  • Options
    Anyone got a high level grindor, or sideswipe? Grindor is underrated yet good. Same for sideswipe
  • Options
    dxwt8xsbvab8.jpg

The bigger question is: WHY do you have a ranked-up Ramjet?