Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Who/what is Nanojack?

I keep seeing him being referenced, but I don't know what or who he is. Please help!

Comments

• Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    it's a defense mastery
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    It’s Wheeljack paired with nano repair. It gives you a really big buffer playing as him and doesn’t really do anything on defense.
  • Options
    Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Basically the nano mastery repairs 1-3hp per second. Wheeljacks shield activates every 25% of health loss and prevents all damage from being dealt to him aside from bleeds or shock damage etc.. so having nano bumps wheeljacks hit points above lets say 75% and it will activate his shield again. so if you can avoid taking damage over time from a bleed or whatever you can just stay at 75% health for as long as nano is activated (I think level 3 is around 1 minute).
    Because this is such an overpowered combination wheeljacks nickname is now nanojack.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Kitten wrote: »
    Something which is working as intended and should not be nerfed

I think you accidentally put the word “not” in there
  • Options
    ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    Kenny wrote: »

Why so? It's something that's working as it's intended. That mastery helps just a little bit and if you want to spend the resources on it, just to benefit on one bot, why is this a problem?

This is being talked hundreds of times and I still can't see the issue with it. My raid squad is Galvatron, Shockwave and Tantrum and I'm mostly using Tantrum when I hit Nanojack on HA. Should I say that most of the times I end up with more than 95% of health against r5 nanojack?

Improvise and adapt. Tantrum's sp1 does burn trough shield, Galvatron dark burn goes trough shield, Shockwave shocks. It's boring I know, fighting the same bots over and over again, but nearly 80% of the bots can easily defeat nanojack if you play the fight right. So can we please stop already?
  • Options
    Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136
    Thx everybody.
  • Options
    ktomov wrote: »

Why so? It's something that's working as it's intended. That mastery helps just a little bit and if you want to spend the resources on it, just to benefit on one bot, why is this a problem?

This is being talked hundreds of times and I still can't see the issue with it. My raid squad is Galvatron, Shockwave and Tantrum and I'm mostly using Tantrum when I hit Nanojack on HA. Should I say that most of the times I end up with more than 95% of health against r5 nanojack?

Improvise and adapt. Tantrum's sp1 does burn trough shield, Galvatron dark burn goes trough shield, Shockwave shocks. It's boring I know, fighting the same bots over and over again, but nearly 80% of the bots can easily defeat nanojack if you play the fight right. So can we please stop already?

Trust me it’s going to take a lot not to be a dbag in this post...read next time.

Fighting Wheeljack is not the problem I have with it, fighting AS Wheeljack is my problem.

Waspinator worked as intended, and players called it an exploit. It gave those using him an unintended advantage. I believe the same idea is going on here. It works as intended but is used in an unintended way.

People defend him because they use him, I get it. If I used him I would defend him to.

Take a step back and ask yourself; is it ok to not take damage for a full minute? As a player, this takes away the need for skill. I am ok with low skill level usable bots, but that is quite the advantage. You have to potential to take absolutely no damage for a minute, that is a third of the fight, often times more.

Please don’t argue with “well there’s this counter and this counter and this counter”, because your fighting as him, unless your a grade A moron you won’t put yourself in a situation where you have much risk of dot damage. If you do at least you would minimize the risk in some way. Like play extra cautiously around galvatron so you don’t eat heavies. This is part of the improvise and adapt you mentioned.

Again, a noob-friendly bot is ok, this one just happens to be (completely my opinion) to strong.

Now que the comments thinking nanojack on ha is what I’m talking about.
  • Options
    ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited November 2018
    Fighting Wheeljack is not the problem I have with it, fighting AS Wheeljack is my problem.

Waspinator worked as intended, and players called it an exploit. It gave those using him an unintended advantage. I believe the same idea is going on here. It works as intended but is used in an unintended way.

I call this bulls***. Waspinator was working as intended. Exploiting the AM TIME OUT DIDN'T.
    People defend him because they use him, I get it. If I used him I would defend him to.

I don't use him, yet I'm defending it. Am I crazy or something?
    Take a step back and ask yourself; is it ok to not take damage for a full minute?

Not true. You're taking damage until the first shield period and if you're using the correct bot - brawler with burn/warrior(without Hot Rod)/Tact(without Megatron)/Heck even demos like Iron Hide, Galvatron or Megatronus can make WJ look like a toy.
    As a player, this takes away the need for skill. I am ok with low skill level usable bots, but that is quite the advantage. You have to potential to take absolutely no damage for a minute, that is a third of the fight, often times more.

Once again that's not right, go fight Drift and Iron Hide in AM with WJ and let me see you how WJ is not taking no damage for a minute.
    Please don’t argue with “well there’s this counter and this counter and this counter”, because your fighting as him, unless your a grade A moron you won’t put yourself in a situation where you have much risk of dot damage. If you do at least you would minimize the risk in some way. Like play extra cautiously around galvatron so you don’t eat heavies. This is part of the improvise and adapt you mentioned.

Exactly the reason that I've said that almost 80% of the bots can easily counter WJ and It's not needed to be a special or a heavy. Arcee, Drift, BC can go without any of that. And yes there's counter. You need to use the appropriate bot for the fight and to build the team that you enjoy playing with, no matter if you're fighting against WJ or with WJ. And if you are a "pro" you won't care this much about this ability, you're going to do a perfect fight, right?

I'm done with this thread. I've said what I think about WJ and that's he's too easy to fight against and too fragile to fight with, even with Nano Repair.

BTW if we are going like that on masteries, I would like to strip all armor masteries from Brawlers, because you know I usually do 40% with one heavy on Primal, but when he got the armor buffs in the beginning of the fight I take only 5%.

• Options
    ktomov wrote: »

I call this bulls***. Waspinator was working as intended. Exploiting the AM TIME OUT DIDN'T.

I don't use him, yet I'm defending it. Am I crazy or something?
    Take a step back and ask yourself; is it ok to not take damage for a full minute?

Not true. You're taking damage until the first shield period and if you're using the correct bot - brawler with burn/warrior(without Hot Rod)/Tact(without Megatron)/Heck even demos like Iron Hide, Galvatron or Megatronus can make WJ look like a toy.
    As a player, this takes away the need for skill. I am ok with low skill level usable bots, but that is quite the advantage. You have to potential to take absolutely no damage for a minute, that is a third of the fight, often times more.

Once again that's not right, go fight Drift and Iron Hide in AM with WJ and let me see you how WJ is not taking no damage for a minute.

Exactly the reason that I've said that almost 80% of the bots can easily counter WJ and It's not needed to be a special or a heavy. Arcee, Drift, BC can go without any of that. And yes there's counter. You need to use the appropriate bot for the fight and to build the team that you enjoy playing with, no matter if you're fighting against WJ or with WJ. And if you are a "pro" you won't care this much about this ability, you're going to do a perfect fight, right?

I'm done with this thread. I've said what I think about WJ and that's he's too easy to fight against and too fragile to fight with, even with Nano Repair.

BTW if we are going like that on masteries, I would like to strip all armor masteries from Brawlers, because you know I usually do 40% with one heavy on Primal, but when he got the armor buffs in the beginning of the fight I take only 5%.

You took things way out of context. To the point it’s not worth trying to recover. I scrapped a book long message because no matter what I say it won’t get through the way I want. Not for you to think I’m right, but rather to understand where I’m coming from. Judging from what you wrote that’s not happening.

I simply told you my opinion of nanojack, since you asked up above. That’s the way I see it, I’m not afraid to change my opinion in light of new information.

Simple fact is we don’t see eye to eye on this. I’ll admit I was heated earlier, which explains why your so rude about it I guess.

I will answer one thing though, yes you are crazy. Not for defending nanojack, but rather wasting your time on a dumb kid like me.