Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

KABAM please explain

I'm not really new to this. I played contest of champions in the day. Quickly got on this since I like transformers. I know that the chances are "random" and based on "luck". There is now way possible I am this "unlucky". 17 crystals and I end up with just a 1* bumblebee. That's it? I didn't count all the other dupes before this. But out of 17 I end up with a completely useless bot? I know there is a business model here, but no way can I invest hard earned money into something I have no chance of progressing in. This is rediculous and unacceptable. I have bought packs in the game already, producing dupes of course. Please offer some kind of explanation other than, " it's based on luck". Bc there is no way I'm that unlucky.

Comments

• Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    What kind of crystals did you open? Daily crystals tend to drop nothing but 1 stars, but everything else should be 2 star or higher
  • Options
    Like 4 daily, 5 waspinator, 7 premium, 1 alliance. All dupes except for the ever helpful 1*
  • Options
    I do know the value of a dupe but you can only go so far with dupe 2*. I'll never clear act 2 with dupe 2*
  • Options
    Wow that sucks, yeah Act 2 without 3* is hard, boss of Chapter 4 has 800-900 PI if I remember right
  • Options
    GrrGrr Posts: 24
    You opened 7 premium and 5 Waspinator crystals which have a minimum of 2 star bots in them and only got a single 1 star? lmao ummmmmm riiiiigght..
  • Options
    Grr wrote: »
    You opened 7 premium and 5 Waspinator crystals which have a minimum of 2 star bots in them and only got a single 1 star? lmao ummmmmm riiiiigght..

I think he was looking for a 3*, unless I misread that, and just keeps getting 2* dupes. Long odds to do that, although not impossible
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    There is now way possible I am this "unlucky". 17 crystals and I end up with just a 1* bumblebee.

Thats how odds work. There is no magical number of crystals you can open that will guarantee you will get exactly what you want. The odds of getting a 3*/4* from a crystal that drops 2-4* bots is still pretty low. Now, if you had opened 100 2-4* bot crystals and only got 2*s from all of those, then sure - I can see the complaint. But 17 crystals is hardly anything - especially when you are including the daily crystal in there as well.

If you really want a 3* and are not having any luck in the Premium Crystals, then the for-sure way to get a 3* is to complete Act 1 Exploration, or complete the Story of Act 2, or Exploration of Act 2. All of those will reward you with 3* crystals.

• Options
    Exploring gets pretty hard when you only have 1 3*. Kinda the point I'm making. Opening 17 at once is just a one time instance. I have no idea how many other crystals I've opened that were dupes. At least 5 more since writing this. I know chances, but there has to be a little better than what we r currently receiving. Just 1 freakin 3* out of 3 dozen should happen. But it doesn't.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Rough percentages of 3* is 5% so if you've only opened 30 then you are sadly right on pace
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Exploring gets pretty hard when you only have 1 3*. Kinda the point I'm making. Opening 17 at once is just a one time instance. I have no idea how many other crystals I've opened that were dupes. At least 5 more since writing this. I know chances, but there has to be a little better than what we r currently receiving. Just 1 freakin 3* out of 3 dozen should happen. But it doesn't.

I get your point - I guess I dont get what you want. Do you want Kabam to just give you a 3*? Do you want them to increase the odds of getting 3*'s or 4*'s from the daily crystal or from premium bot crystals?

Odds are odds. They either play in your favor, or dont. I opened up 10 of those Waspinator crystals awhile back and got 3 brand new 3*'s and 7 2* dupes. Based on that, one could suggest getting 3*s is fairly common - except, its all still just luck. I was VERY lucky. Ive seen people spend hundreds of $$$ on trying to get a featured bot, only to end up with a giant goose egg. In MCOC, I spent almost 3000 Units trying to get a 4* Dormammu and got ZILCH - not even a random 4* or anything that anyone would consider a decent consolation prize.

Kabam makes their money off getting people to spend money for the chance of getting a good bot. Increasing those odds in anyway, would then take money away from the game in general - which is not a good thing to do so early after release.

My advise to you is to just stick with it. Eventually you will get a few 3*'s or some 4*'s and you will be backlogged with trying to get them all leveled up for months. You should easily be able to explore all of Act 1 with max 2*'s - and if you have 1-2 3*s with you, it will be a breeze. Act 2 gets dicier near the last couple of chapters and you will need more 3*'s to help with that, but you should still be able to get pretty far into Act 2 without a full roster of 3*'s.