Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

I wonder if Jetfire would be more worth it if...

His parry shield was changed to not need good timing for basic ranged attacks (just like how Shockwave doesn't need it). Just leave the timing requirement for reflecting ranged heavy.

Also, remove the timing for melee attacks -- Dinobot doesn't need it and his also deals some damage to the attacker (and armor break for blocking a dash attack). Maybe a well timed one could prevent a heavy melee attack from breaking the block, deal damage, or drain power.

Comments

• Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    If he had 100% block proficiency when blocking with an energy charge
  • Options
    I’m my opinion he’s a below average bot. We were due for another hound and we got it.
  • Options
    ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited December 2018
    He's fun to play with, but he's not a great Bot.
  • Options
    He is still better than hound
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    If he reflects 100% without any particular care, he'll be broken, either offense-wise or as an enemy.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    He, just like Hound, is a really good support bot. Hound if you're building a team around MV1, and Jetfire if you're building around Shockwave.
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    In terms of players using him, he has a really high skill cap with pretty low payouts. I would agree that some change is in order to make him useful.
  • Options
    Yes sadly I was very hyped for him as he looked good on paper. In reality he is not that useful. I was also excited for his synergy with Starscream. Unfortunately it is useless. USually when we sidestep to dodge a ranged attack. To activate the synergy you have to backstep to dodge the ranged attack and it will automatically sidestep for you. That is so counterintuitive and more often then not you will get hit.
  • Options
    He looks amazing... but average at best...
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I think it'd be better if he had concussive block without a synergy and only special 3s and heavys took power charges
  • Options
    He gains an energy charge per block. That would make him better
  • Options
    Give him a percentage chance to gain an energy charge on all blocks, and 100% chance on well-timed blocks. Reflect only on well timed blocks. This would make Jetfire feel much more accessible and far less counterintuitive, and would make him a more interesting opponent. Pressuring Jetfire too hard will force energy charges and repairs, so players may have to open up and counter more to cut off his supply.
  • Options
    Darm0k wrote: »
    His parry shield was changed to not need good timing for basic ranged attacks (just like how Shockwave doesn't need it). Just leave the timing requirement for reflecting ranged heavy.

Also, remove the timing for melee attacks -- Dinobot doesn't need it and his also deals some damage to the attacker (and armor break for blocking a dash attack). Maybe a well timed one could prevent a heavy melee attack from breaking the block, deal damage, or drain power.

I really enjoy him. I like that he's basically a mix of all the previous tech bots, and has a bit of a skill requirement to him, instead of leaving it to chance