Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How about TFTF get some Publicity/Showcase with the new Transformer Movie .. Bumblebee

I just think some extra ticker on Showcasing this game we enjoy playing will get some good attention from movie goers who may like this game as well! Thank you! @kabam Miike and staff

Comments

• Atleast some good short videos
  • I agree, really with the Bee movie only 2 weeks away there should be more hype and advertisement from Kabam. This is of course the best Transformer mobile game out there. I mean even in the advertisement we see in game doesn't have the Bee movie in it. I would have thought the Bee movie would have bought some ad space?
  • Well, although ,This was passion project, but it's kinda movie advertisment too .
    Although it's transformer related , but I don't know if it's right to share this here.
    Or How many in here use Rainmeter But, Presenting you :
    Bumblebee Rainmeter Skin
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    The so called HUGE forged to fight Bumblebee event coming this month will do nicely 👍🎁
    Wherever the Bee event is lol
  • ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    I agree, really with the Bee movie only 2 weeks away there should be more hype and advertisement from Kabam. This is of course the best Transformer mobile game out there. I mean even in the advertisement we see in game doesn't have the Bee movie in it. I would have thought the Bee movie would have bought some ad space?

Kabam doesn't really control the advertisements that you see in the game. They come from an advertisement plugin that generates them.

Although they could display the movie in a banner within the games menu or where it shows the daily and monthly information. They do a lot of that within Mcoc.
  • Tbh, the marketing of this game really sucks. Kabam hasn't released any trailer or spotlight trailer since release. And I don't believe Hasbro ever marketed it. It's a real shame because this is a good game and if Kabam actually released an advertisement, they would probably gain new players.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I think the fundamental problem with the marketing of the game is that Hasbro has been 100% completely hands-off, whereas Marvel has been very hands-on with Contest of Champions (admittedly, they pretty much have to be because their comic sales have tanked since they went fully woke SJW a few years back).

But go to Hasbro's website; you won't see a single mention of this game anywhere on it, just their own little apps that suck which they made for the movie and shows like Rescuebots. So yeah, don't expect much from Kabam to spend any money on marketing TFTF, even if Bumblebee becomes a cinematic success (which is looking quite likely, based on the reviews so far). It's a shame though. All it would take is for them to release a playable Bee from this movie for the game and then create a few ads just for that bot and then strategically market it in the right places (like before the movie trailers themselves; if local businesses can do it, so can a company like Kabam).

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited December 2018
    @Synthwave they should've started their Bee marketing, in-game, MONTHS ago.
    Would've been simple:
    Hive Crystals for a chance to win a RESKINNED GS BEE.
    He could've even been the same darn bot, same skills, just an aesthetic update.
    Ooh, plus a splash screen that features Bee and a link to buy tickets, FFS

Total effort:
    NOT MUCH
  • Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    @Synthwave It's interesting that you bring up Hasbro marketing and which I agree with you on that point... but I was just browsing through Facebook and as fate would have it, ran into this:

afowhp3v4dap.png

I think this is the very first time I've seen the Official Transformers FB (runned by Hasbro I think) ever post anything about this game. And you're right on the Hasbro site, there's no mention about TFTF, but at the same time Earth Wars isn't there either.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Raptor22 wrote: »
    @Synthwave It's interesting that you bring up Hasbro marketing and which I agree with you on that point... but I was just browsing through Facebook and as fate would have it, ran into this:

afowhp3v4dap.png

I think this is the very first time I've seen the Official Transformers FB (runned by Hasbro I think) ever post anything about this game. And you're right on the Hasbro site, there's no mention about TFTF, but at the same time Earth Wars isn't there either.

And they also post an article re Skyfire on tfw2005.com, merely a WEEK after being available
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited December 2018
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Raptor22 wrote: »

afowhp3v4dap.png

And they also post an article re Skyfire on tfw2005.com, merely a WEEK after being available

TFW2005 is a fan site. They usually don’t post updates about Forged to Fight unless a user makes a thread for a new character announcement. I used to do it but stopped, because it seems like no one really cared.
    They used Hot Rod and Drift to promo The Last Knight.

No character release to promo the Bumblebee film, which absolutely boggles my mind, as it could of have been great cross promotion for this game aswell.

No movie verse character release since Hound’s release in February. One could ‘hypothesize’ that something went on behind the scenes that we don’t see movie stuff anymore.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    iuJacob wrote: »

No character release to promo the Bumblebee film, which absolutely boggles my mind, as it could of have been great cross promotion for this game aswell.

No movie verse character release since Hound’s release in February. One could ‘hypothesize’ that something went on behind the scenes that we don’t see movie stuff anymore.

Ya wow I’ve appreciated every G1 bot we’ve been receiving
    I didn’t realize it’s been that long since we’ve gotten a movie bot
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    iuJacob wrote: »

Ya wow I’ve appreciated every G1 bot we’ve been receiving
    I didn’t realize it’s been that long since we’ve gotten a movie bot

It’s actually a little silly.

I don’t even like the Bay movies, but the constant barrage of G1 bot after G1 bot is exhausting.

Being a Beast Wars guy, I wouldn’t even want all Beast bots in a row either. It wouldn’t be fair to those who aren’t into BW.

The system was better when they rotated between them and catered to fans of the 3 generations they had. That was one of the major selling points of this entire game, after all.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    maybe the game will last long enough so they can start putting bots from the reboot franchise in. They're still G1 (sort of) but their aesthetic is definitely more of a blend between Bayverse and Generations, which is a good compromise I think.
  • Dem waiting on critic and popular receptions