Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Well that was disappointing

Yet again a little bit of hype and a lot of disappointment. I wouldn't necessarily say the game is dying but in a constant state of meh. Master really wasn't hard to complete but felt more annoying than anything else.

Mini-bosses! Great! Slapping on the cheap mods on the bots that just exploit them, bad! This was actually an idea I was excited for until seeing it in action. I guess I should know better than to set my expectations high thinking it could be something unique rather than using reflect, absorb, shock block, etc.

Recycling Megatronus is also just lazy. Personally he's not difficult for the team I have and the only thing that made it difficult at all, was the inability to counter a missed/blocked combo which has always just been cheap and lazy since it basically defies the game physics. The only reason I spent any energon is due to muscle memory and missing the counters.

Also isn't there anyone on the team that says "Hey maybe it would be a good idea for the feature bot to work on the spotlight boss." Jetfire is built around blocking/parrying and yet Megatronus has unblockable attacks, cool.

There's been no new spotlight enemy mods, no new raid mods, no new events (except just grinding), no update to arenas, no update to AM (other than a slight increase in rewards), no new story chapter. I mean really does it take an entire month to create a new bot and recycle spotlight?

I guess I'm a sucker because I still play but nothing has really changed since the disappointing 7.0 update. It's just sad that for a game that has always had potential it's just squandered month after month and update after update.

Comments

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    The mini-bosses just seem like an excuse to make the paths harder, there was nothing exciting or interesting about them. It's not like they were linked to other bots or like there was one central mini-boss that every path went through (like AM bosses). Eh, let's take one bot make him harder than other bots on the path and let's call him a mini-boss so it sounds fun and exciting.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    They’re just a little bit blande, good that it makes spotlight a bit more challenging but I think a new difficulty is needed

and new content
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Genuinely curious, are the folks who are saying that master spotlight is easy going in with ranked up 5 star bots?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Usually they do yea lol. However why complain about the minis when you get a WHOLE t3a?!
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Genuinely curious, are the folks who are saying that master spotlight is easy going in with ranked up 5 star bots?

I use max forged 4* an r3 5* which is equivalent and am r4 Arcee depending on paths. It’s defin not needed.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Kitten wrote: »
    They’re just a little bit blande, good that it makes spotlight a bit more challenging but I think a new difficulty is needed

and new content

That’s kinda the point. I call it lazy over bland. The minis with a unique mod or something would be fine to me. The paths were shorter so having minis is fine. The fact they just have the cheesey mods is dumb. I don’t know what other mechanic you’d use since you can’t link them but overall it’s just disappointing.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309

A lot of it comes down to player skill, I’ve heard of people using r4 four star bots and using no items. I’ve also heard of people taking a whole team of r3/4 five stars and struggling. So, it all comes down to how good you are, or how well your bots counter what you run into.
  • Kenny wrote: »

A lot of it comes down to player skill, I’ve heard of people using r4 four star bots and using no items. I’ve also heard of people taking a whole team of r3/4 five stars and struggling. So, it all comes down to how good you are, or how well your bots counter what you run into.

I'd imagine a good deal of it comes from the ability of the device you are using to run the game, as well. I'm no god at this game, but i've lost more than a handful of Master mode matches to freeze and ever more frequent glitching in the last 2-3 months.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Bodyopus79 wrote: »
    I'd imagine a good deal of it comes from the ability of the device you are using to run the game, as well. I'm no god at this game, but i've lost more than a handful of Master mode matches to freeze and ever more frequent glitching in the last 2-3 months.

this is 100% true. I run a second account with an older phone and even though my second account has a stronger A team (second account so I went impatient on the sig 100 and started forging) I have a harder time beating certain levels or bosses because of the delayed dashes or sticky feet.