Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Raid changes needed

Hello there kabam. I play often on transformer:FtF and on marvel champions. They’re pretty fun games Keep making more bots/heroes. New ones. The issue I’m here to talk about today is the raid system. Why is it because I’m bringing in 3 4* bots to fight do I only get matched with 20k-25k+ bases. I can barely reach 8k in damage rating with my 3 bots. That’s totally unfair and makes it way too difficult to complete and win. I know it’s supposed to be a challenge but c’mon. There should be a bit more of a fair advantage for the user playing not the CPU. On top of that the main reason it’s hsrder to make it through is the G.. damn harm accelerator mods. Wow!!!! That is the worst mod ever. Especially when noons put them in the first fight. It is totally unfair to the player. There should be a ban on those mods in the first slot. Please make something like that happen. Make it fair to play. It’s not cool to sometimes lose a bot on the first fight. Sometimes 2 bots. Please fix these problems because they are issues. It’s not a fair position to the person playing against CPUs. We should be winning. Not the NPcs. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Options
    There are simple ways to counter the Harm Accelerator. One is to bring a Beast Wars team (Optimus Primal and two other Beast Wars bots). Their synergies cause them to end damaging debuffs (like the Harm Accelerator bleed) every time they use a heavy attack (whether or not it hits).

MV1 Optimus Prime is another solution. While he is under a bleed effect, he heals a portion of the damage that he inflicts.

There are other ways to mitigate the Harm Accelerator as well. Research bot abilities and bring a team that can deal with that mod. If you have questions, ask!
  • Options
    But the synergies are only active if the signature ability is unlocked correct? And if those bots aren’t high enough or low stars there’s really not much competition. It seems like the matchmaking pairs you with a base that’s 3x your max OVR rating. Then the harm don’t matter you’ll be dead before you get a hit off. It’s just a big nuisance that noobies exploit that mod. I Figure it was more effective if kabam bans it from the first fight or Something. That way the whole community benefits from it. I’ll try those bots. Have to upgrade them but I’ll give them a shot and see how effective they can be at countering the harm. Thanks for the reply @CarrotBoy2k
  • Options
    No, the synergy works independent of signature abilities.

Overcoming the disparity between your team's power level and the defending base is partly a matter of getting better at the game. I've been playing since this past February and I'm not great, but I've stopped making some of the mistakes that I used to, and my bots do better now against higher power opponents.

Hang in there and practice. Maybe watch some videos of expert players and see what they're doing in a fight.
  • Options
    Lol i dont know why ur complaining about tat just get a r5 tronus and some guy to take all the bleeds and hey u can take on 30k bases
  • Options
    To be fair, a base can easily reach those levels with max 3* mods and a bunch of their best. I’ve cracked the 30k achievement using my 7 top bots, all 4*, so a well chosen raid team of 4* should be able to go against a base with bots of a similar level without too much issue. Bring a brawler to negate the HA, and you’re set if your skilled enough. Bring a duped tantrum, cyclonus and galvatron and you’ve got a counter to HA, a counter for exo and a counter for those who put a tact on HA to put you off using a brawler.

Beat the HA, and if your skilled enough and have the right team, the opponents rating doesn’t matter. Just means you gotta ninja for a bit longer.
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Just bring a duped grimlock .
  • Options
    Yeah I’ve always ignored the tips and tricks that kabam would send in the mail since the beginning of the game. Like what bots work best with what mods and stuff. I’ve no problem with the game. I’m pretty good at it. I’m pretty high level wise and rating wise. It’s mostly just annoyance and not much complaining. And I am not gonna spend money on bots. I’m close to getting my first 5* bot through shards crystals, but got plenty of powerful 4* that do the job. And yeah I’ve got all those bots you guys mentioned. Again I never paid too much attention to their synergy abilities and what they counter or play bad against. I’ve just taken my best bots and made sure I had the class advantages always. I’ll have to do that. Thanks for the info gents. If ya need an alliance or something feel free to look mine up. Auto6.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    A duped Grimlock Actually gets a melee buffs from the HA. He's 100% immune to it. He's even more useful than MV1 Prime because sometimes people like to put evadey scouts and you can't land a hit when you need to.
    Use Grimlock for the HA, either Rhinox or another steady power drain bot for Megatronus.. Grimlock also burns through Wheeljacks force shield. He's built for raids.
  • Options
    You should be able to beat a team roughly twice your rating on a raid. If you think harm accelerators are bad, wait until you face a duped 4* Wheeljack with maxed Nano Repair if you didn’t bring a bot who can bleed.

I do agree that they need to tighten the raid level to be closer to the attacker’s, but don’t be scared if they have a rating that’s twice yours. I’m new to the game (a bit over 2 months), but I’m doing fine up to about 20K base defense with my team of 4* 4/5 bots.
  • Options
    Oh my other piece of advice, don’t be afraid to just bail on the raid if you enter and it isn’t a good matchup. It happens (regularly). I’m kinda competitive and a perfectionist, but I had to adapt to the fact that you cannot with many of the suggested matchups.

I don’t understand why a suggested matchup can go from 28K to 8K on the next click. They should tighten the range significantly.
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I don’t understand why a suggested matchup can go from 28K to 8K on the next click. They should tighten the range significantly.

This is because whose higher in the raids rankings is 99.5% based on how active of a raider you are, the other .5% being having enough skill to kill robo tronus with 3 bots or less.

People like myself, who rarely raid lose medals simply because it isn’t possible to defend, unless the attacker is significantly weaker than you or they start and quit to save time.

People who raid more have more medals. There is very little skill involved.

This is why the ratings fluctuate so much, because the main determining factor is medal count, not base rating. Medals are based on how active of a raider you have been recently...because we all know that you have to push the quit button to lose.
  • Options
    ReworkRework Posts: 122
    As I wrote back in October: The entire raid matching system needs a COMPLETE overhaul. The current system has a fundamental flaw in that the Medals count used for matching does not have a direct relationship to base strength. Players can change their base strength to manipulate the system. I've faced bases of strength 7000 and 27000 back to back. At least in the early days, we had a choice of 3 bases to attack.

To make things worse, the chip reward levels are based on base strength and not on medal count. Raid matching and rewards should be based on the same metric.

And then you throw in that successful Defense yields almost nothing in the way of rewards.

Oh, and there's also the Revenge button that almost never works...

The whole system needs to be fixed.

One more thing I think would be neat: Instead of the revenge button attacking that player's base, how about letting us replay the raid controlling our defenders? That would give players the chance to try out what it's like to play a mod equipped bot.