Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

How do you get the most out of masteries?

Curious as to how you guys set your masteries up. Are you maxing them out then moving on to the next one? Putting all the points into either offense or defense?
Do you focus on one bot and build around him?
Just curious...always looking to learn better tactics.

Comments

• Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Start from their description. Most of them are small buffs which amount to something significant in terms of level and variety.

Then consider your bots and your style. It can be either balanced or totally offensive.

There are only a few of them which require specific care:
    * Nano repair is the only mastery that makes 'zero to hero' after Wj's arrival.
    * Double blade if you're running multiple zoo teams. (In exchange of a lousy base defense)
    * Deep wound if your bots bleed.
    * Inhibitor if you like to muti-stun with Ratchet.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    For me, it looks like my A team will be centered around crit rates and damage..Hot Rod, Mirage, Barricade, Prowl. I may have to play with them a bit.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    For me, it looks like my A team will be centered around crit rates and damage..Hot Rod, Mirage, Barricade, Prowl. I may have to play with them a bit.

you also want the ranged buffs too. I would also look in to the mastery that extends stun duration - both Prowl and Hot Rod can stun and I don't know whether the extension to those stuns might open up new combo possibilities or not, but it is worth considering.
  • Options
    NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    edited December 2018
    DaveJL wrote: »

you also want the ranged buffs too. I would also look in to the mastery that extends stun duration - both Prowl and Hot Rod can stun and I don't know whether the extension to those stuns might open up new combo possibilities or not, but it is worth considering.

Mirage also has a stun when he switches modes with his SP2, one for every 7 debuffs. It might not massively affect a perfect stun lock combo, but if you find your combo out of sync with the stun pattern then it'll be helpful.
  • Options
    Nightgaunt wrote: »

Mirage also has a stun when he switches modes with his SP2, one for every 7 debuffs. It might not massively affect a perfect stun lock combo, but if you find your combo out of sync with the stun pattern then it'll be helpful.

with mirage, you can already dodge back after the first stun and fire two ranged shots and get another full combo and repeat - if you had the reduce stun duration I guess you could catch someone out on your base if they used that technique though. Maybe the increase in stun duration would allow 5 ranged shots and a combo with mirage, who knows.

One cool thing with mirage is if you use the mastery that reduces heal amounts for every debuff, you can stop bots like waspinator or og megs from healing if you have a full 15 stack. It's a legitimate strat for Wasp in RotK
  • Options
    One cool thing with mirage is if you use the mastery that reduces heal amounts for every debuff, you can stop bots like waspinator or og megs from healing if you have a full 15 stack. It's a legitimate strat for Wasp in RotK

I... did not know this. I'll give that a look for sure.
  • Options

I *think* it was @kranders who discovered it and tested it. Don't hold me to it.
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479

I *think* it was @kranders who discovered it and tested it. Don't hold me to it.

That’s correct. The mastery is useful on Mirage since you can get the 15 stacks as it’s a debuff. There aren’t many bots that can stack that much. If timed correctly on Meg or Wasp etc you can basically negate the heals.
  • Options
    kranders wrote: »
    That’s correct. The mastery is useful on Mirage since you can get the 15 stacks as it’s a debuff. There aren’t many bots that can stack that much. If timed correctly on Meg or Wasp etc you can basically negate the heals.

Nice, that'll be one for me to build towards. So, I'm assuming with Megs it basically works as if he's unduped, but what happens with Wasp? Does he still have the slow-mo first KO, or does he function as if he's unduped?
  • Options
    kranders wrote: »

Nice, that'll be one for me to build towards. So, I'm assuming with Megs it basically works as if he's unduped, but what happens with Wasp? Does he still have the slow-mo first KO, or does he function as if he's unduped?

slow mo revive, but doesn't heal. Really only useful for RotK but I would say for more than 99% of players, they need a legit answer for Wasp. Mine was Shockwave for heal block, but to do it with a bot that doesn't reduce the heal or block the heal takes some serious skill IMO.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I learned by using Shockwave if you throw a repair block on Megs and Wasp, Meg won't heal and Wasp sits at 1% and won't gain health.