Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Thoughts on tantrum?

Just got him from the holiday crystal

Thoughts on tantrum? 40 votes

Hes great
72%
ManthroTWE10HalloweendmRaptor22M00NDrShotgunSparkShredderserdoodSeb1976Tracked_SignalMr_WonderfulVavatronJazz444BlackRazakMcBusketIssy543SlayerKennyTechnobotScarredArachnid333 29 votes
Hes ok
22%
JmdDaveJLBlack_ThoughtPhatBoy123UrAverageMalakaPJTheKingHunterFallingInStereoDeadMemeBoilightningbaron 9 votes
Hes trash
5%
xJamesssNemesisUnknown 2 votes

Comments

• Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    Hes great
    If used strategically, I've had him stop Megatronus... once Megatronus is below 25% health, I unleash the SP3 out (that was built up during the fight) and it takes Megs out without him activating the Relic of Immortaility.
  • Hes great
    When he’s duped, best use of him is in raids. As long as no one is using a Tactician/Harm Accelerator combo on base defense, the Frenzy Signature ability basically turns Tantrum into a “Honey Badger”... especially against the BC/HA combo.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Hes great
    If he’s duplicated he can get a purification buff fighting against a harm accelerator
    He’s also got some nice 👍 special attacks
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Hes ok
    He's average. In the longer fights it becomes difficult to keep those buffs and trigger frenzy without taking damage. If you need him for one or two fights at most, then he can be ok, but for master spotlight or AM he is all but useless
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Hes great
    He's good at just ramming into his opponents and dealing constantly rising damage, like grindor but not trash.
    My playstyle with him is simply dash, heavy, go in for a combo every 3 stacks then repeat, by the time I get to 10 I've got a special 3 then it's game over😛
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Hes ok
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    He's good at just ramming into his opponents and dealing constantly rising damage, like grindor but not trash.
    My playstyle with him is simply dash, heavy, go in for a combo every 3 stacks then repeat, by the time I get to 10 I've got a special 3 then it's game over😛

Do that in AM or Master spotlight or every raid fight though, and you're dead before you get to sp2.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Hes great
    My favourite brawler
  • Hes great
    I like him. He can really rack up Damage when he has all of his Melee Buffs and it''s quite easy to do if you use this strategy:
    Replace the last hit of your combo with a heavy attack, this will create distance between you and the Opponent, and you can dash to get your Melee Buffs (if they dodge the heavy, you still have enough time to block). His Signature is really good, the extra Critical Damage is nice and the Purification is a great touch. I also do enjoy his Unblockable synergy with the Beast Wars Bots, it actually has saved my butt a few times (it can glitch at times however). All in all a solid Bot, I only have a 3-Star Version of him and I managed to kill a 2,634 Pi 4-Star Optimus Prime with him with 67% health to spare.
  • How is he when you like to play offense I don't really dodge that often so how would he be for me
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    He’s good in arenas where you don’t have to worry about him in any subsequent fights.
  • Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    Sweet thnx for the insight guys :)
  • Hes great
    Tantrums playstyle is totally unique, which is why I like him. Doing a heavy gives you enough space to dash back in so makes it really worth playing overly aggressive in comparison to any other bot, the only exception maybe being motormaster.

Yes, he will take damage if you take him into master spotlight, or even expert. But that’s part of his style, plus the most important part of all; he’s fun to use. Would much rather enjoy a fight than bore myself to victory, like the safeguard of nanojack’s shield.
  • Hes ok
    I only have a 3* Tantrum, not fully ranked / leveled up yet, so using only in arena fights. Tantrum seems okay; got Tantrum through the calendar last month and duped 3 times since.
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Hes great
    I do like tantrum a bit. Just not my first option for longer fights. Here’s a little trick to stack up melee buffs:
    Hold block to gain unstoppable while having distance from your opponent
    Dash in and dash back. This allows you to gain constant melee buffs without having to dash and wait. (Only do this if you are willing to take some damage)
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    DaveJL wrote: »
    He's average. In the longer fights it becomes difficult to keep those buffs and trigger frenzy without taking damage. If you need him for one or two fights at most, then he can be ok, but for master spotlight or AM he is all but useless

I really disagree. He is tricky to use but he's become a mainstay in my Master Team, to which I was surprised. I pick him over Grimlock now because he handles better in fights without debuffs where Grim's damage went way down. Utilizing his ability to pass block and his unstoppable to get out I've kept him alive for quite a while. He's another bot that has a different style so most people won't use him.