Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Blue Megatron Team

Greeting Commander.
As the title said, I happen to dupe my 5* tact meg and thinking to try building my team around him.

So, who are the best team to build around G1 Meg? I build my 4* team around G1 Prime so I haven't got decent decepticon team

Thank you guys. Any thoughts will be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Shockwave: power rate debuffs are neat
    Megatronus: because it's Megatronus
    These are the only bots I definitely use with him
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    penehiriwa wrote: »
    Greeting Commander.
    As the title said, I happen to dupe my 5* tact meg and thinking to try building my team around him.

So, who are the best team to build around G1 Meg? I build my 4* team around G1 Prime so I haven't got decent decepticon team

Thank you guys. Any thoughts will be helpful.

Starscream and Shockwave are excellent bots to pair with him for AM.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    1. Go to hell
    2. Shockwave is a must, and Jazz too because jazz is the absolute best, Gs prime is a good choice considering how great he is but that’s 2 tacticians, and megatronus
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Starscream synergy is worth its weight in t4c. Shockwave is next, then Soundwave for the Shockwave and Megatron synergy. Finally, Megatronus.

or just Megatronus by himself - just as strong. *cough*OP
  • Options
    Shockwave is a must have, and you’ll need to decide if your focusing on buffing the whole team more or just megs.

Buffing megs, I’d take shockwave, starscream (as my fodder for lesser opponents), megatronus and maybe soundwave, although personally I bring prime due to ranking.

For a more balanced team, bring shockwave, galvatron, megatronus and either cyclonus or a 5* with a good synergy ( I throw 5* Magnus in there, extra atk for galv and def for the whole team.) Megs and tronus are a class unto themselves, I don’t see having 2 tact’s or demos doubled up as a disadvantage here. The variety you get is outstanding, not to mention the synergies are more across the team. Even shockwave is swimming in the good stuff.

If it means anything, I run the 2nd team and have no problem with master. I sometimes sub in 5* grim instead of Magnus if I know bonecrusher or a dot mod is present. Duped g1 megs rules the roost against buff heavy mods and bots, and I fully encourage you to incorporate him into your team. Even slap him into your autobot team in the meantime for all the atk synergies, you won’t regret it
  • Options
    Kitten wrote: »
    1. Go to hell
    2. Shockwave is a must, and Jazz too because jazz is the absolute best, Gs prime is a good choice considering how great he is but that’s 2 tacticians, and megatronus

Kappa. I GUARANTEE YOU that's gonna get deleted. Show me when it happens lol. Or if not the 1st deleted. I agree with jazz, but not much shockwave.
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Shockwave , Starscream , grimlock and prime is what I've used .. you can switch grimlock with Megatronus if there are less warriors
  • Options
    kq1x8zx786kt.png
    This is my main team for spotlight and probable my favourite. I might swap Galvatron for tronus or starscream some times. I know you are thinking “but there is no variety in classes”. I know but these bots can seriously counter anyone. Even bc i shred with these guys
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    kq1x8zx786kt.png
    This is my main team for spotlight and probable my favourite. I might swap Galvatron for tronus or starscream some times. I know you are thinking “but there is no variety in classes”. I know but these bots can seriously counter anyone. Even bc i shred with these guys

Same team as me - will substitute in Primal for a high PI Bonecrusher if needed or may take Wasp instead of Soundwave for evade lanes, but the core stays the same really.
  • Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited December 2018
    I use G1 Mega in AM, the synergy he has with Shockwave is seriously powerful. Stacking the power rate debuff really makes a difference and there are times when you can fuse that debuff early on so you can start stealing buffs prior to getting your first bar of power.

As for your third, if you have Megatronous, then it's a no brainer. The synergy you get from him fighting autobots is another powerful one; if you have a 4 star, getting +20% power rate is nothing to scuff at and you'll quickly find yourself spamming your specials. The armour buff vs Decepticons is the only downside as its a meager +5%, 3% behind the standard 8% you may get from other synergies.

If you don't have any of those, and are Autobot heavy, just use the ones that grant you +8% attack.
  • Options
    penehiriwapenehiriwa Posts: 11
    edited December 2018
    Thanks guys you are all amazing
  • Options
    Kitten wrote: »
    1. Go to hell

1. Lol not yet, cause I can't rank him up yet, I get 8 purple t3c, 5 red t3c and got no 5* decent for brawler and warrior, then I have duped megs and only have 1 tact t3c. Typical :)
    2. Ah yeah, G1 prime also has sinergy with megatronus
  • Options
    Shockwave is a must have, and you’ll need to decide if your focusing on buffing the whole team more or just megs.
    If it means anything, I run the 2nd team and have no problem with master. I sometimes sub in 5* grim instead of Magnus if I know bonecrusher or a dot mod is present. Duped g1 megs rules the roost against buff heavy mods and bots, and I fully encourage you to incorporate him into your team. Even slap him into your autobot team in the meantime for all the atk synergies, you won’t regret it

I think buffing all the team will be better, then I'll take Prime and tronus.
    Yeah, gotta try a run on spotlight mission using this team
  • Options
    kq1x8zx786kt.png

Nice team there!! Maybe for bc, I'll end up on Meg-Prime-MV1-Megatronus-Shockwave team. I have starscream but haven't used him much
  • Options
    that1guy wrote: »
    I use G1 Mega in AM, the synergy he has with Shockwave is seriously powerful. Stacking the power rate debuff really makes a difference and there are times when you can fuse that debuff early on so you can start stealing buffs prior to getting your first bar of power.

As for your third, if you have Megatronous, then it's a no brainer. The synergy you get from him fighting autobots is another powerful one; if you have a 4 star, getting +20% power rate is nothing to scuff at and you'll quickly find yourself spamming your specials. The armour buff vs Decepticons is the only downside as its a meager +5%, 3% behind the standard 8% you may get from other synergies.

If you don't have any of those, and are Autobot heavy, just use the ones that grant you +8% attack.

Thank you! Yeah, I have Megatronus and shockwave 4* r5, but not forged
  • Options
    kq1x8zx786kt.png

Nice team there!! Maybe for bc, I'll end up on Meg-Prime-MV1-Megatronus-Shockwave team. I have starscream but haven't used him much

Thanks man. If you have starscream then definitely take him. His synergy with megatron is so good.
    DaveJL wrote: »
    kq1x8zx786kt.png

Same team as me - will substitute in Primal for a high PI Bonecrusher if needed or may take Wasp instead of Soundwave for evade lanes, but the core stays the same really.

With bonecrusher, I usually just use either Galvatron, tronus or soundwave, spam heavies, rush in for one hit, go back and continue with heavies. For evade lanes i use megatron when he has starscream on the team. I just use the sp1 and pray for a stun. But like you said, the core stays the same

• Options

kq1x8zx786kt.png

Thanks man. If you have starscream then definitely take him. His synergy with megatron is so good.
    DaveJL wrote: »
    kq1x8zx786kt.png

With bonecrusher, I usually just use either Galvatron, tronus or soundwave, spam heavies, rush in for one hit, go back and continue with heavies. For evade lanes i use megatron when he has starscream on the team. I just use the sp1 and pray for a stun. But like you said, the core stays the same

Yep, I have r4 4* duped and r1 5* unduped starscream
  • Options

I think buffing all the team will be better, then I'll take Prime and tronus.
    Yeah, gotta try a run on spotlight mission using this team

It’s worth it mate, megs deals with so many of spotlights harder mods. Even tantrum would be a good addition to deal with boney, if he’s on a path your doing