Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Prowl vs Cheetor

ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
So, I just got a Tier 3 Scout Spark out of my holiday crystal and now I have the opportunity to take my 4 Star Prowl to Rank 5.

But, if I wait to get another T3 Scout Spark, I could rank up my 5 Star Cheetor to rank 2.

So, being the great community that you guys/gals are, and the fact that I myself am overwhelmed by the options, I want you to help decide.

Prowl vs Cheetor 27 votes

Rank up 4* Prowl to Rank 5
40%
DenisJoker69KillMasterCDrShotgunOttoBot1121893PeasSycko5Euler314penehiriwaJKIN 11 votes
Wait to Rank up 5* Cheetor to Rank 2
40%
OliverHrockSparkShredderBodyopus79SKJogameBlack_ThoughtSilentHunter2GtronUrAverageMalakarylitr5ewqOptimalOptimus_MV1 11 votes
Who disturbs my Plasma Bath?
18%
DaveJLTracked_SignalScarredArachnid333Kittenmac10smg_ToaOfGreen 5 votes

Comments

• Who disturbs my Plasma Bath?
    Whoever puts Plasma Bath better comment the real option or I'm gonna go Galvatron on you. Nyah!
    Honestly both are really good but probably wait till you get another t3 scout spark
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Both are good if duped.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited December 2018
    Both are good if duped.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention:
    Prowl is duped
    Cheetor is unduped
  • Wait to Rank up 5* Cheetor to Rank 2
    Who is your team?
    edited December 2018
    Who is your team?

My team? W̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶?̶
    6lc1213ac8u3.png
    This is my Alliance Mission team.

And my Spotlight/Story mission team usually has a 5-Star Cheetor, with 4-Stars Rhinox, Mixmaster, Bonecrusher and G1 Megatron.

But when the former 3 are in Alliance Mission, this is what my team looks like:
    x5j0glb2b0js.png
    Would also place a 4-Star Scorponok, Windblade, Mv1, or 3-Star Galvatron in Shockwave's place.

Raid team has Prowl and 2 other Bots.

As you can see, I suck at making teams.
    Ok cheetor is my vote then
    Cheetor, I think he’s got more utility then prowl. Don’t get me wrong prowl is a fantastic bot, but for your team I’d say cheetor.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I would go with prowl. A 4 star at r5 is just as strong as a 5 star at rank 2. Also half the price in sparks. Especially with your situation, unless your clearing expert and/or master with that I would go with prowl because it’s cheaper on sparks. He’s also better than cheetor anyways.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Prowl is hands down the best scout. I use him for power control and his melee buffs help alot with bots with armor buffs.
    Only bot he won't stand up to is Robotronus.
    Prowl is hands down the best scout. I use him for power control and the melee buffs make short work of armor buffs. Only bot he cannot hang with is Robotronus.
    Here's mine... excuse the visual glitch. Something to do with this new phone92fcp6a2aitz.png
  • Prowl just sucks to play. It’s just no fun. I prefer Windblade or Cheetos.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Can’t let this galvis reference go go waste lol
    Go for cheetor
    Prowl just sucks to play. It’s just no fun. I prefer Windblade or Cheetos.
    11d345uxz2no.png
    Mmmmm, Cheetos.

• SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited December 2018
    Wait to Rank up 5* Cheetor to Rank 2
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Prowl is hands down the best scout. I use him for power control and the melee buffs make short work of armor buffs. Only bot he cannot hang with is Robotronus.
    Here's mine... excuse the visual glitch. Something to do with this new phone92fcp6a2aitz.png

Well, take that replicate away, he becomes the best choice for him after rhino.
    Cheetor is also not good against replicatronus due to his 1 sec power gain in combo end. With beast synergy, land heavy to trigger him attack buff, 5 sec cooldown and then use combo.

Seeing you not roaster, I'd rank prowl.
    Although 5*are future, go with prowl
    Still really difficult to decide since both have saved my butt multiple times.

Thing about Cheetor is that he can't be power drained and that Critical Rating Synergy does really help my other bots.

But Prowl can do nice damage and has Power Gain and Drain.

How much damage does he do when he has all 10 Melee Buffs? SP2 Damage?
    Anyone here have a 5 Star Cheetor at rank 2?

Basic melee attacks have hit 1300+ on a critical...just one solid punch. Non crits are around 650ish. Sp2 is 12k+ on average depending on who he's fighting. Normally I soam so1 though.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309

Literally no one plays prowl for his special 2. Special one spam is where it’s at.

Basic melee attacks have hit 1300+ on a critical...just one solid punch. Non crits are around 650ish. Sp2 is 12k+ on average depending on who he's fighting. Normally I soam so1 though.

Wow seems I can't type today...I SPAM the SP1s...proofread Doc lol
    edited December 2018
    Kenny wrote: »

Literally no one plays prowl for his special 2. Special one spam is where it’s at.

I definitely agree that SP1 is the way to go, but sometimes, I get SP2 on accident when I charge up/dash back too much. But the SP2 still does some mighty damage.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842

sfn9abuhdo7z.jpeg

Well I don’t have R2... does R3 help? Still getting used to him but I got so pissed with my prowl last week I just threw him into Cheetor :p:D
  • Can cheetor repair block prevent grimlock from purifying the bleeds that his special 1 dishes out
    Can cheetor repair block prevent grimlock from purifying the bleeds that his special 1 dishes out

No, he doesnt.
  • I thought that it would
    Faithz17 wrote: »

sfn9abuhdo7z.jpeg

Well I don’t have R2... does R3 help? Still getting used to him but I got so pissed with my prowl last week I just threw him into Cheetor :p:D

Why did you get pissed at Prowl? Was there a situation that he couldn't handle?
    https://youtu.be/7n_dji4I1nE

I know it’s a r5 but he’s still a god.