Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Please use a different "time's up" method for missions

DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
edited December 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
So I logged in early today because I needed a raid to complete my dailies from yesterday. Kept getting insane bases with defenses of 4000 - 8000! Anyway I noticed the Scientific Method arena was about to expire, and I wanted to try for that 50,000 mark (I was over 30,000 in). It had about 5 minutes left. I dove in, and had completed two fights, when it would not let me continue, and forced me to exit through half a dozen confirmation screens!

This is a VERY POOR design! You don't force someone to exit out of an event simply because the time is up. I mean if you are going to kick them out, return them to the arena screen, but let there be some sort of completion based on the fights before the timer expired that'd be OK.

But no, you gray out the continue button, then you force me to exit, and then you don't credit me for the two fights I won of the three! I mean I won the match, right? Even if I lost the last match, I would have still won. So I should have gotten my points and credit for my work until the expiration of the timer.

Please consider using a more flexible timer, one that simply allows players who are 2+ fights in to complete their event, exit, score and receive credit. If you can't or won't do that, at least make sure that players aren't forced to exit, and if they have won 2 of the 3 matches, they are declared the winners and receive the spoils and points accordingly.

Alternatively you could simply close an event to new entrants once the timer is up, but leave it open to anyone still inside the event, until everyone has completed the event and been scored. This is probably the most intelligent and simplest way to handle the issue.

Basic game design tenets teach you to make sure you don't frustrate your players, and that you are fair to them. I keep hitting things like this and the raid timer that lead me to believe you guys aren't following basic game design rules. Rules that everyone, in the industry or not, have long been aware of. There is simply no excuse for this.

I appreciate you taking the time to address these issues.

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    It was obvious that the arena was not going to let you continue playing when it expired because that kinda gives you an advantage over other players which is wrong . You would have gotten points of the 2 fights you won before arena timed out.
    The current system is okay , you shouldn't have joined arena knowing that only 5 mins are left for it to shut down.
  • The system works fine as it is. I usually like to reach a certain milestone before calling it a night. Going from 30K to 50K is fairly easy, but waiting until about 5 minutes before the event is over? Granted if there are any milestones I want to reach, I usually do it about 3-4 hours before event is over; to allow 3* or 4* bots to cool off before start of next event.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    The system works fine as it is. I usually like to reach a certain milestone before calling it a night. Going from 30K to 50K is fairly easy, but waiting until about 5 minutes before the event is over? Granted if there are any milestones I want to reach, I usually do it about 3-4 hours before event is over; to allow 3* or 4* bots to cool off before start of next event.

May not apply, but once, i tried to complete a mission on Master, with 4hr left on the EVENT timer, and was about to face Megatronus with a squad of 5* rhinox, R4 Galvatron, R4 Wheeljack and 5* arcee.
    Game had a " Logged OUT. Please try again later" message that lasted 12 HOURS.

SENT A TICKET

NO COMPENSATION