Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Cyclonus dark field doesn’t always activate vs Motormastor

Cyclonus just got beat up by Motormaster in master spotlight because his dark field didn’t activate. For most of the fight it activated as expected, but there were a few times when Motormaster dashed in with unstoppable and the dark field didn’t activate. Each time I expected it to stop the attack and was prepping a counter, but ended up on the receiving end of a combo.

Is this a failure of the system or are there some instances where the field doesn’t activate? Each time Motormaster was attacking from across the screen and I did see the unstoppable ring.

Comments

• Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I've always wondered this too, as it's happened to me a few times to the point I stopped using him
  • Options
    ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    This has happened to me against others that also had unstoppable during a fight. It's probably just another bug that will never get fixed.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Ænigma wrote: »
    This has happened to me against others that also had unstoppable during a fight. It's probably just another bug that will never get fixed.

Bugs that go against us rarely ever get fixed.
  • Options
    Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Just another problem that will go down in Kabam’s ignored issues garbage truck.
  • Options
    Sycko5 wrote: »
    Just another problem that will go down in Kabam’s ignored issues garbage truck.
    d188eqo15l5l.jpeg

• Options
    Maybe He dashes from relative less distance, it's still a dash for MotorMaster but, For cyclonus , a real dash is one landed from a farther distance
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Maybe He dashes from relative less distance, it's still a dash for MotorMaster but, For cyclonus , a real dash is one landed from a farther distance

maybe..like Tantrum. He melee buffs stacks only works when he does a dash from across the screen.
  • Options
    Gerald will get right on that.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

Stop talking about things you don't know, please.

Have you ever used Cyclonus and experienced this issue? I have, so has the OP and a couple other players here.

It can happen randomly from an unstoppable dash at any distance. Sometimes motor will hit you, then it will activate and stun him. Sometimes it doesn't activate at all.

It usually happens when Motor dashes in and you fire a single ranged shot. He charges straight through it like he should, but when he reaches you, the dark field doesn't trigger.

It's a bug. The only way to prevent it from happening is to stand like a pylon and hope he doesn't blast your face with basic ranged or s1
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Hoping this is fixed in the upcoming 8.0 update.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Manthro wrote: »

Stop talking about things you don't know, please.

Have you ever used Cyclonus and experienced this issue? I have, so has the OP and a couple other players here.

It can happen randomly from an unstoppable dash at any distance. Sometimes motor will hit you, then it will activate and stun him. Sometimes it doesn't activate at all.

It usually happens when Motor dashes in and you fire a single ranged shot. He charges straight through it like he should, but when he reaches you, the dark field doesn't trigger.

It's a bug. The only way to prevent it from happening is to stand like a pylon and hope he doesn't blast your face with basic ranged or s1

@Manthro what's intriguing is that Cyclonus' dark field bug rears it's head, then "corrects" itself in the SAME fight.

Another issue (???, Please correct me if it's supposed to work this way): sometimes his dark field, which activates in the middle of a combo, damages/nullifies Nanojack, OTHER TIMES it does squat.

Does his dark field characteristics work 100% of the time or what?
  • Options
    Okay, just had another weird one. Cyclonus stunned Motormaster on his unstoppable dash attack, but didn’t nullify the unstoppable. So when I countered, the ring was still there and Motormaster quickly combo’ed me.

I guess I should have been more careful given the finicky-ness of Cyclonus’ ability, but after I saw the stun I just reacted with the counter. Oh well, one more thing to have to worry about.
  • Options
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Manthro what's intriguing is that Cyclonus' dark field bug rears it's head, then "corrects" itself in the SAME fight.

It normally works (at least for me). Just once in a while it will fail to activate so you have to really pay attention and dodge if you don’t see it turn on. Sometimes you don’t get that chance though.
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Another issue (???, Please correct me if it's supposed to work this way): sometimes his dark field, which activates in the middle of a combo, damages/nullifies Nanojack, OTHER TIMES it does squat.

Does his dark field characteristics work 100% of the time or what?

I think it depends on when it activates. If if procs when the shield is active, I think it’ll nullify it. If it happens after, you’ll just damage Wheeljack back to the point where the shield turns back on.
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    From my experience, for it to activate, you need to stand still and receive the unstoppable charge.

If you jump back or sidestep the attack, then the dark field doesn't activate.

Also, if he's too close, it won't activate. They just count as melee attacks, not a charge.

So, if you want it to activate every time, you need to keep your distance, then don't instinctively dodge his charge. Just stand still and receive it. It's like one of those trust games where you fall back and rely on your partner to catch you.

I just stand still. It's also best to block his ranged attacks, otherwise he may charge while you're sidestepping his ranged attack.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I’ve been using Cyclonus in AM for the month since I got placed on the Motormaster paths in section 1 and 3.

So far it seems random. It’s worked for me while sidestepping, back stepping, standing still doing nothing, shooting ranged (1 shot or 2 shots) and while Motormaster dashed in from across the screen or close. As long as that unstoppable ring turns on it procs. Just once in a while it doesn’t.

Overall, the benefits have outweighed the fails. However, when it doesn’t trigger and you get hit with a Motormaster combo, it hurts. A lot.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited March 2019
    @Darm0k ok, after various scenarios in arenas and AM (and G1 Megs boss 3.xx),
    suffice to say Cyclonus' Dark Field is wildly inconsistent.
    UNSTOPPABLE opponents seem to pick and choose if they're affected.
    Whether full screen dash or close range, Dark Field activates SPORADICALLY. Well, 70% of the time, whether standing still, blocking, etc.

5* bots fought against:
    Motormaster
    G1 Megs
    Demotron
    Tantrum

YMMV is all
  • Options
    When it works it’s awesome though.