Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Wheeljack + tech console broken

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited December 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Not sure how many players have run into this...

I fought WJ on tech console using tantrum, and literally did zero damage with any basic attack, heavy attack, and special attack for the entire fight.

I tried S1, S2 and S3, with a full stack of 10 attack buffs. The only damage I was able to do at all was from the burn debuffs on S1.

Yes, I won the raid anyway because I'm awesome... But tech console isn't supposed to reduce damage to zero. It's supposed to cap damage at 2% of max health.

The fight was between my 4* tantrum vs a 4* WJ on tech console. After Tantrum was KOd I used IH and ran into the exact same thing, so it wasn't a one-off. The shielding stayed up the whole fight by refreshing constantly, and prevented me from doing any damage except DOT for the entire length of the fight.

Please look into this.

Comments

• JOUSTJOUST Posts: 57
    The WJ + Tech Console I faced was duped. With Max Nano-Repair Mastery. Node was invincible! Not fun! What if I didn’t bring DOT bots to Raid?!
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Best way I can think of countering this is simply use a bot with debuffs, cheetor would definitely be good and mine's at rank 5 but when I fought this T2 nano-jack I had to use scorpinock
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Best way I can think of countering this is simply use a bot with debuffs, cheetor would definitely be good and mine's at rank 5 but when I fought this T2 nano-jack I had to use scorpinock

You are missing the point entirely.

Tech console is not supposed to stop 100% of damage.

It's not working correctly.
  • Same thing happened to me, shield just keeps refreshing and only damage to go through was DOT.
  • I believe I’ve seen this before. Another workaround besides DOTs is to stop attacking and let the shield fall off before resuming your attack. Attacks refresh that shield. I think basic ranged attacks didn’t refresh it.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Manthro wrote: »
    Not sure how many players have run into this...

I fought WJ on tech console using tantrum, and literally did zero damage with any basic attack, heavy attack, and special attack for the entire fight.

I tried S1, S2 and S3, with a full stack of 10 attack buffs. The only damage I was able to do at all was from the burn debuffs on S1.

Yes, I won the raid anyway because I'm awesome... But tech console isn't supposed to reduce damage to zero. It's supposed to cap damage at 2% of max health.

The fight was between my 4* tantrum vs a 4* WJ on tech console. After Tantrum was KOd I used IH and ran into the exact same thing, so it wasn't a one-off. The shielding stayed up the whole fight by refreshing constantly, and prevented me from doing any damage except DOT for the entire length of the fight.

Please look into this.

Same here.
    R4 Galvatron had some luck with Dark Burn, but otherwise a 2500Pi R4 Wheeljack killed off a 2700Pi Barricade, 3900Pi Cyclonus and my 3500Pi Galvatron.
    Managed to bring him down to 25%, and my 3 guys fought him for a combined 11 minutes.

Effin Wheeljerk.
  • When facing wheel jack. You always need a bot who can cause a lot of debuff damage. Bludgeon, bone crusher, ironhide, and Cheetor. Too name a few
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    When facing wheel jack. You always need a bot who can cause a lot of debuff damage. Bludgeon, bone crusher, ironhide, and Cheetor. Too name a few

Thanks chief. I'm a new player. Never played before.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I'd be curious to know if the Tech Console mod is having intentional or unintentional interactions with certain masteries. I know I run a basic maxed Armor, maxed Full Mettle, and maxed Nano-Repair, the latter of which has a direct effect on the Tech Console mod because it's constantly activating the shield and giving Wheeljack increased damage while the shield is up. A maxed armor mastery reduces damage by 4%, and Full Mettle is 10% above 85% health so maybe they're interacting with the mod, which is why the damage is zero.

Now whether this is working as intended or a bug is another matter altogether. With Kabam's notoriously ambiguous language that they use in ability descriptions, it sometimes feels like you never truly know how something is supposed to work.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I was wondering if it was a similar problem to the one we had with Blaster on the energon shield mod in spotlight, where if his block shield activated when energon shield was active, it turned in to the energon shield? I wonder if the tech console shield is replicating wheeljacks sig shield? It doesn't happen when fighting other bots on tech console.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I want to get some exclusive mod crystals now....
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Luckily very few of the player base have a duped T-console but this is annoying nonetheless.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Unfortunately mine's not awakened (T.Console) so I can't do my max forged Sig 35 wheeljack, then again he's my AM bot so wouldn't do it anyway.
    One hell of an experience though
  • Manthro wrote: »
    When facing wheel jack. You always need a bot who can cause a lot of debuff damage. Bludgeon, bone crusher, ironhide, and Cheetor. Too name a few

Thanks chief. I'm a new player. Never played before.

Not a problem. Cheetor would work best because If he uses his SP3, he gains health back if he has 3 upgrade buffs